Current Paul McCartney news thread (interviews, articles, miscellaneous)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Is there a way to tell if a cat is laughing *with* or *at* someone?

theMess likes this.
  2. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

No Paul news from me, but just wanted to say I'm excited that I will be visiting the Mull Of Kintyre tomorrow for the first time, having spent the last few days overlooking it from my holiday hotel on the Isle of Arran.

I keep looking west and thinking "so that's where you go to escape the pressure of being blamed for the breakup of The Beatles"!

Will be driving down to Campbeltown and hopefully visiting the Linda McCartney memorial garden.

3. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

No Paul news?!? Then off the thread!!!

No, I'm only joking, have a great time! That would be a very interesting trip, take some pictures for us!

4. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Will do, unfortunately the weather forecast is pretty awful for tomorrow, but so long as I see some mist rolling in from the sea I'll be happy!

Yorick, eroz, mrjinks and 6 others like this.
  5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'll keep my fingers crossed you see a bunch of bagpipers on the beach. ;)

eroz, OobuJoobu and theMess like this.
  6. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Still waiting on the impact of tote bag availability...

7. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Agree. Paul loves him some Grammy awards. But why would Paul want to risk a change from the Concorde team...UNLESS Concorde is on shaky ground??? Perhaps Universal looks at these individual labels and questions the necessity for them?

Ooh, that had not occurred to me, I certainly don't think that's out of the question. Not sure how much of a drain on time & energy MPL is for Paul on a day-to-day basis.

8. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

If there's one artist I'm not worried about minding the business side of things, it's Paul.

theMess and forthlin like this.
  9. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Ouch, you "cut me to the quick" with that one. What does "cut me to the quick" even mean?

theMess and sallymae_hogsby like this.
  10. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I've only heard the fortune teller (wizard) in The Wizard of Oz use that line.

11. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

It means that your quick is only half of what it used to be. :D

12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The prospects are looking up: ;)
    [​IMG]

Rickchick, Jayseph, theMess and 5 others like this.
  13. Dr. Pepper

No, that would be a half-quick you half-wit!:winkgrin:

theMess and Simon A like this.
  14. Dr. Pepper

May I rant for a moment. I'm so tired of defending Paul's recent (last decade and a half) worth of music to idiots who say things like, " Paul hasn't released anything good since Band on The Run, or at least that's the last album I bought of his." Have you heard any of his new stuff, "no." Then just shut up you obviously have no idea in the world about what he has released since then! I'm fine if you don't like his new albums, if you've actually listened to his new album. I'm just so sick of the blanket statements and knee jerk reactions that many folks have to Paul. They put him in a box sometime in their past, and they just will not accept that maybe just maybe he has grown out of their box and should be looked at anew, oh well.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged Thread Starter

You go, girl!!

;)

16. mrjinks

"This phrase uses the quick in the sense of a vital or a very sensitive part of the body, such as under the fingernails."

You don't want to cut your nails too close, or you'll cut them to the quick. Shouldn't a DOCTOR know this???

theMess and Dr. Pepper like this.
  17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Amen to that -Paul has made some of his best music the last 15 years. Chaos, Memory, New and the Fireman album. Not to forget Kisses.
    My Valentine
    To much Rain
    Ridin to Vanity fair
    Alligator
    New
    Nothing to much out of sight
    Apreciate
    Scared
    Mr Bellamey
    Dance tonight
    House of Wax
    And many more are definively proof that Paul-the recording artist has been on a roll. Also that he knows no stylistically boundaries.
    The man is a musical genius second to none.
    Really
    The naysayers just don t know what they are missing. Their loss.

18. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Maybe he should put & keep a few of them in his setlist. I doubt we will ever be able to hear him perform many of these in concert.

theMess likes this.
  19. Dr. Pepper

So true!

Bemagnus and theMess like this.
  20. Dr. Pepper

I've just constructed my great McCartney randomized playlist that includes all of his studio albums, but would you include all of the Wings tracks that are sung by other vocalists in the band or exclude those? It actually works pretty well, and makes for an enjoyable listen for as long as you want to listen.

theMess likes this.
  21. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Dr. Pepper, I've been saying that exact same thing for years!

McCartney has produced way way way more good music than bad, unfortunately some who have listened to his music still don't realize that?!

theMess likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

When laughing, if a cat's third whisker on the right hand side goes up, then the cat is laughing with you.
    But if the cat's first whisker on the left hand side goes down, then the cat is laughing at you.

This method of observation never fails... ;)

23. mrjinks

24. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Oh, what could have been!

25. mrjinks

Here's a weird comment. Is AC/DC's Phil Rudd working with McCartney?
    Later in the article it mentions he'll be doing something at LIPA, but "session" certainly would mean recording work, right?

theMess and Rob Hughes like this.