Beatles "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" out on CD 9/9/16, Vinyl on 11/18/16 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter_R, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Saw it in Target. Figured what the heck. Played the LP once in 30 years. CD will now join it collecting dust on the shelf.

2. trednour

trednour Forum Resident

Almost every live CD that I purchase, I have to rip and re-index the whole thing! Is it that tough to put the intros with the actual song? If it's long (>10sec), then make a separate track. Sheesh!

The process does, however, afford me the opportunity to also edit out long sections of crowd applause, or the band noodling around before the song. Retag and enjoy the separated songs in any set.

Kim Olesen and dlokazip like this.
  3. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Yes

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  4. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

You are the Mazzy!

5. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

That bad, huh?

Daniel Plainview and rstamberg like this.
  6. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Is that Ringo?

7. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

They printed "Lp covers and Booklets that were complete in the Night's Pictures?" I don't understand what this means...

In any event, I don't think Capitol even designed, let alone printed, covers for the proposed 1964 live album. In fact, Bruce Spizer created his own "fantasy" artwork for one of his books in the chapter dealing with this proposed album....

rstamberg likes this.
  8. HoundsOBurkittsville

HoundsOBurkittsville Deep Wine List Sonic Equivalency

Looks like Kenny McCormick staring down the tube. :)

goodiesguy and Joe McKee like this.
  9. supermd

supermd Senior Member

You know what always happens to Kenny. :laugh:

Simon A likes this.
  10. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Streaming is 320 kb/ps or lossless even. You won't ever ever hear the difference.

11. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Yup, 09/09 is release date, in 2016 that's midnight. No one buys a CD in a store any more anyway.

coffeetime and Tommyboy like this.
  12. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

That Echo,as I stated,came from the Bowl's Famous Band Shell!

389 Tripower likes this.
  13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Its fine, I just doubt Ill ever feel compelled to play it. It does have 2 of my favorite Beatle songs on it (All My Loving and Babys In Black.).

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  14. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Yoiks shot meself in the foot with me gunn

Tommyboy likes this.
  15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I vastly prefer intros being with the prior track. When I want to hear a song, I want to hear the damn song, not John going on about whether it is an elpee or album or the type of film stock used in the movie the song was used in. If I am listening to an album as a whole, it is more acceptable, particularly since I can just hit a button and go to the song. It also makes tracks a lot easier to play on radio.

16. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Same here.

17. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Went to Walmart at around 10:30 am. Not one copy! WTF?

18. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

So, I'm listening to the CD as I'm writing this. I haven't listened to this album in ages. Were the vocals on the original drier than the new version? It seems to me that quite a bit of echo was added to the vocals by Giles Martin. Maybe too much?

He did reduce the screaming. The drums and the guitar work are a bit more prominent. Going by memory here.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  19. qrysdonnell

qrysdonnell Forum Resident

Been trying to find a bona fide needle drop of the 1977 release to compare this to but haven't found anything that I can verify is (easier to find bootlegs with more songs, and other various weird things) but so far it sounds much better than I remember it sounding. I once owned the vinyl long long ago. It was not remembered as a terribly fun listen but I've been enjoying this so far.

20. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

I'm one of the strange people who loves this album (since the early 80's)!
    I think it has the best versions of Twist And Shout (short - unfortunately), She's A Woman, Dizzy Miss Lizzy, Boys, Things We Said Today and the two movie-title songs. Sorry, but... they kick @$$!!!

21. zen

zen Senior Member

I hope you learned a lesson. :)

22. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I did see Let It Be and 62-66.

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  23. Chance

Chance Forum Resident

Yeah. I've learned not to even bother looking for CDs in the real world anymore. Order from Amazon. It'll appear at your door in two to three days and you get the pleasant little fun of unboxing it.

Me too, bought it on the day of release back in '77. It is a fantastic representation of a live Beatle concert. To me, it has never sounded bad or muddy, the performances are excellent, and the screams add to the excitement and exhilaration. Can't understand why people talk it down, it's great.

I don't have the new release yet, but within the last year or so I bought a Japanese boot of the original album on CD and have been enjoying it very much. Looking forward to hearing the new one.

Big Pasi and yellowballoon like this.
  24. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

I have only listened so far in the car. Ringo and his drums sound great! Great fun to listen to this!
    I'm bummed that nowhere near me is showing the film. I wa
    But stoked I've been able, since 1965, to buy every Beatles album on it's release day!

yellowballoon and Ram4 like this.
  25. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I went to Best Buy at noon and there were 10 copies in the general Beatles browser bin thing. No big hoopla, no copies in the small new releases endcap, but I didn't expect any real promotion for this . It's basically just a movie soundtrack release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.