Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

"Eight Days a Week arrives in approximately 80 theaters for a Sept. 15 one-night-only sneak peek, followed by a full-week engagement in 50 theaters starting Sept. 16. A Hulu run starts Sept. 17. The Shea film will not be included on Hulu or the DVD release."
    Beatles Doc 'Eight Days a Week' Includes Rare Treat for Moviegoers: Shea Stadium Concert Footage »

So, there you go. Thats how Apple works. In stupid and retarded ways. Really, I just HATE Apple. The stupidity and lack of respect they have for fans is just awful in my opinion.

Lewisboogie and Perian like this.
  2. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

:realmad::cussing::mudscrying:

3. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Anyone know if the new Shea film has the live audio or the doctored version released in 66?

4. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Maybe they're saving this pristine restored "Shea" film as an iTunes download exclusive like they did with WA. 64'? Wouldn't that be just wonderful? Not including it as an extra on the DVD is just absurd. If most of the extras are left over "talking heads" interviews it'll be a a real waste........even it's more recent stuff with Paul and Ringo!

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Sorry Apple, no Shea or Washington = no Bluray purchase. Without those or other live performances, I'll be quite happy sticking to the Hulu stream.

6. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

How about an "Eight Days A Week The Touring Years" Plus? Disc 1 the film and the other a bonus disc with Washington, Paris, Shea and Tokyo? Nah!......makes too much sense.

7. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Exactly.

8. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Although this certainly doesn't make anything official, Amazon.fr lists four versions of Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years:
    • 100 minute, 1 disc DVD, €20,06
    • 100 minute, 1 disc Blu-ray, €25.07
    • 180 minute, 2 disc DVD + book, €30,08
    • 180 minute, 2 disc Blu-ray + book, €35,10
    Links:
    https://www.amazon.fr/Beatles-Eight...922&sr=1-4&keywords=beatles+eight+days+a+week
    https://www.amazon.fr/Beatles-Eight...922&sr=1-2&keywords=beatles+eight+days+a+week
    https://www.amazon.fr/Beatles-Eight...922&sr=1-3&keywords=beatles+eight+days+a+week
    https://www.amazon.fr/Beatles-Eight...922&sr=1-1&keywords=beatles+eight+days+a+week

The documentary is 100 minutes. Apparently, the deluxe version would then have 80 minutes of extra features on a second disc. I'm struggling to understand how this could be 80 more minutes of commentary. Do the uninitiated to whom this is targeted really need more than 100 minutes of education?

9. zen

zen Senior Member

Sometimes I think APPLE run$ a bootlegging outfit on the side. :winkgrin:

HoundsOBurkittsville likes this.
  10. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

You mean similar to how the anti-virus software companies run a virus-creating outfit on the side?

Malina likes this.
  11. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

Bottom line? She SAW the Beatles AT Shea Stadium and few (if any) others here did. So you can all piss off :)
    Apart from the inner circle, she is the only talking head appearing in the film with any credibility to be in the thing if you ask me. And she seems genuine in her enthusiasm and the expression of profound effect the Beatles had on her life
    Why is Eddie Izzard is in the thing, probably just because he was in "Across the Universe" in 2007, is a much better question.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Dr. Mudd, Allen Michael, Mal and 7 others like this.
  12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I was mocking everyone else's anxiety about it actually but I appreciate your passion.

13. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I want Shea Stadium released on DVD / blu ray as much as anyone but I think it would be absurd to release such an important concert as a mere bonus feature. I find it hard to believe this won't be released separately considering the work that has gone into restoring it.

14. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

I spose Bruce McMeans..I mean Channel, is still living in the Nashville area. He's about 75 now..but maybe he'll be there and talk about when the Beatles played support for him on his summer of '62 British tour ! :)

Why not, right ? :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Dinstun likes this.
  15. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

A separate release would be welcome, but the time for it is now, as a tie-in with the film, as was done with the Hollywood Bowl CD.

16. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Had to look him up, but yeah, that would be good. He's younger than Ringo, anyway. :)

17. InRoom19

InRoom19 Forum Resident

Check the independants. I was only giving an example of a cinema showing after the 15th. Happens to be near where I live which is how I found out. I am working on the 15th so can't get to a showing. Will be going to the above instead.

18. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

I added a poster where and when they played together to my previous post !

19. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Absolutely, I think it's way bigger than a mere DVD extra.

lennon_08518 likes this.
  20. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

21. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Way bigger for sure:

[​IMG]

22. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

That's pretty big

lennon_08518 likes this.
  23. Arnold Grove

Yes, pretty big, BUT not as big as the Rutles:

[​IMG]

ptijerm, linclink, chacha and 5 others like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

25. Arnold Grove

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.