Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings - Sony 36-CD box-set - November 11th 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Richard--W, Sep 27, 2016.

1. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

It was on Amazon.co.uk earlier but seems to have gone.
    Very odd.

asdf35 likes this.
  2. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Yes, that's what I said. If you're in the US and pre-order from Amazon US, shipping will NOT be $3.99. Not even close. Probably over $10 unless you're a Prime Member. But if you're in the US and pre-order from Amazon UK, shipping is about 3 pounds (or $4 US). MUCH better.

3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Can't understand why Amazon USA does not post it with price, or why USA major distributors do not post it.

4. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

It's only been a few hours, but I think a dedicated "shipping & pricing thread" is already needed...

Eduardo Denaro, asdf35 and majorlance like this.
  5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

No USA shipping will be free when you select that, as for any order over $50

ksuwdboots likes this.
  6. Prime is the best deal ever. Not only free shipping usually arriving on release date if you ore order but you also get their music app and wonderful Prime tv programubg almost comparable to Netflix now.

joannenugent likes this.
  7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Not odd, this was another 'copyright' dump except it happened not at Christmas time!!!
    Gone!!
    And I cancelled my order!!!
    the beave

9. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

"Currently Unavailable" on Amazon.co.uk and also the No.1 Best Seller in Box Sets.

10. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

I know this doesn't need to be said here, but Mickey Jones' drumming on this tour is monumentally great. What a tour de force. Hits like a ton of bricks but still sublimely musical and nuanced. Levon wouldn't have given half that power.

11. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Gone with the wind-cooyrights saved:)

The Beave likes this.
  12. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

So what does this mean, Currently Unavailable? If I was successful in placing an order, will I get it?

13. If Sony makes this set widely available, I will be very happy. It seems this is a response to many of the criticisms they received over last year's mega-expensive set.

14. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

I don't know what you're talking about. A CD ships for $3.99. Pre-order or otherwise. If you're a prime member you don't pay shipping or if you buy $45 or more it's also free. Other than that, one CD ships for $3.99. Where are you finding ten bucks or more?

15. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

No reason to panic; since we know it's a legitimate release it's highly unlikely that it will have been removed from sale. That said, I put in my own order as soon as I saw this thread because I was worried that the price might not hold. :whistle:

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Im thinking this just has something to do with amazon price algorithm. Maybe they received too many orders in a short amount of time at a certain price point and they want to make sure they dont leave money on the table if the demand is high.

17. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

it's back..

£104.86

vudicus likes this.
  18. Jesse Reiswig

Jesse Reiswig Zen Master of Playlists

And just think: we only have to wait till 2025 for a similar collection from the Rolling Thunder Revue!

Eduardo Denaro, jlf, Buda and 4 others like this.
  19. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

yeah, i'm not getting the confusion re: US Amazon. It's over $50 and Amazon is the seller, so shipping will be free...

20. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

BACK AGAIN AT AMAZON.CO.UK. FALSE ALARM.

21. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

That's one point. And I agree. I'm merely saying if it's $150 on Amazon US, it's $117 USD on Amazon UK.
    You're saving $33. I don't know why stating that invites people to argue with me. I thought I was alerting
    people to a good deal, not starting a fight. My main point was the high prices of Amazon US shipping
    within the US, not this particular item. All their items.

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  22. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

So for those of us who bought The Cutting Edge Collector’s set, and who are also 'deigning' to buy the 1966 Tour brick, that’s roughly:

615 (give or take; mostly take, on their part)
    +117 (estimated)
    ____
    =
    $732 - for 54 CDs; 2 books; nine 7-inch singles with picture sleeves; a film strip; the spindle.

That’s approximately $11 per item, all in all.

(That’s one expensive spindle).

Mitchum and HominyRhodes like this.
  23. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

:shrug:Just don't have the money to spend on this huge box set but somehow someway I'm going to find a way to get this thing.

Buda likes this.
  24. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

which is why i'll probably order from importcds once it goes up there. they always beat the Amazon pre-orderprice, even with the S&H.

25. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

That doesn't even include the 1965 live mp3 bundle! :)

HominyRhodes and notesfrom like this.