Jonathan David Brown, legendary Contemporary Christian Music producer, RIP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

These artists he worked with are among the best of the genre of all time.

Mark B. likes this.
  2. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Agreed. Absolutely.

3. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

That's the kind of thing I'm wondering about. Were Brown's biggest contributions just adding sound effects and tricks to his productions like the backward masking you're referring to, or did he actively participate in writing and arranging too?

Mark B. likes this.
  4. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Great avatar, Honeybunch. That album is a true favorite of mine.

5. BradOlson

6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Um, he was a white supremacist and a criminal. Why is anyone celebrating this jagoff?

7. BradOlson

Due to his legendary status in Contemporary Christian Music as a producer. His work with Petra says it all.

8. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I liked Bill Cosby's comedy and watched The Cosby Show every Thursday when I was a kid, but I have a feeling I won't be paying tribute to him when he kicks the bucket.

9. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

RIP + Mr. Brown ~

I always preferred Larry Norman, Phil Keggey, Dylan, Mylon, CASH, DA, some Petra etc..
    May I ask a question, it has been some years since I was really deeply involved in the CC music.
    Several people have mentioned the name Steve Taylor ?... I remember an artist named Terry Scott Taylor.
    He had an incredible LP called "Knowledge and Innocence" could this be the same person ?
    I think he had a personal family crisis or something, not sure.. Does he still make music as good as that album..
    I recall buying the one after with a plane and John Wayne I think, this is years ago... not quite like K & I.
    I was very involved back in the mid 80's early 90's...

10. BradOlson

Not the same person. You ought to discover Steve Taylor's work as he was one of the pioneering artists in Alternative CCM and is a great songwriter and producer with many different sounds and one of the most unique artists in the genre.

Maranatha5585 and Chazzbo13 like this.
  11. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Now thinking way back I may have heard of him possibly...
    any info re: Terry Scott Taylor ? that Knowledge & Innocence really touched me deeply.
    Have no idea the last 20 years.. Unaware of this late producer, or his life.. not gonna judge him.

12. BradOlson

Terry Scott Taylor was also a member of Daniel Amos and is a talented guy. I have no idea what he is up to though he is still alive.

13. BradOlson

14. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Last I heard, he was working in the San Francisco Bay Area on artsy stuff. He recently composed and recorded the soundtrack for the clay animation video game Armikrog.

Maranatha5585 and AKA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.