Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I've listened to 6 CD's from the set so far and gotta say I haven't been this happy and excited in probably 30 years. Hearing so much of this in great quality after decades of listening to bootlegs is such an experience. While this set is expensive, to me it's priceless. When I played the Live from Montreux version of Atom Heart Mother I had to hold back tears. I wish they would issue all the BBC recordings along with Vegetable Man/Scream thy last Scream on vinyl with the original Harvest labels.

2. E()

E() Cat Herder

The box arrived at work around 1 pm. I was able to resist the call for about an hour and-a-half and then went home.

Listened to first two audio discs and watched the first blu-ray.

This is a remarkable set so far. It will take a while to digest, both musically and historically, but this is worth it.

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Anyone know why "12 bar blues" from the 1971 BBC session was not included. I still have it on a cassette from a radio broadcast back in 1971. It was never on any boots I bought back then either.

Sigma6 likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

So many wishes at once ;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It is included. It's mislabeled on the CONTINU/ATION CD.

6. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Out of interest, is it actually mislabelled on the artwork and/or disc? I know it has been listed in the PDF and promo stuff as being from December '68.

By the way, after moaning repeatedly about how the stuff on the bonus disc was inessential and about how I was going to wait for the individual sets...

...in a true show of strength and discipline I pre-ordered this (for the second time) earlier this week. Was mulling over whether to cancel it (for a second time) when I got my shipping notice.

Oh well. Hope Amazon UK gets it to Australia in one reasonably undented piece.

Kalli and andrewskyDE like this.
  7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Wow! As someone who collected Pink Floyd bootlegs back in the 90's (and even before with LP boots) I have well over 100, I am glad to hear this. Waiting for mine to ship out from UK

Kalli likes this.
  8. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Still waiting here too. I have never had Amazon not ship by the street date, so something is up.

9. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

My box has just arrived, and I ordered from burning shed. Not one scratch or bump mark, always handled with extra care. On my way to rip CDs & blu-rays.

Kalli and bobloblaw like this.
  10. benroberts79

benroberts79 Forum Resident

How much did you pay from Amazon U.K. to Australia?

H

11. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

My "OBFUSC/ATION" CD has a remix of the Pompeii material, not a remix of Obscured By Clouds. I did not receive a bonus disc, therefore I do not have a remix of Obscured By Clouds. So that's how it has something to do with the Obscured by Clouds disc.

Also, "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" seems to be on the disc twice? Different mixes or masterings or something. (No "Mademoiselle Nobs", although it doesn't look like that's supposed to be on there"

I for one was very anxiously awaiting to hear the remix of Obscured. :(

12. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Well, you should have received it so make sure you chase it up with the distributor and/or the Pink Floyd website. It's not a bonus or optional extra - it's part of the set.

The second CWTAE is supposedly an alternate.

It was £316.91 = AUD$(I don't want to think about it)

13. PhoffiFozz

Thank you! I am trying to figure out how exactly to get an answer from someone about the missing disc and it's not going so well.

14. fjtull

fjtull Forum Resident

Too bad... :( may i ask you, from where did you buy it? I am waiting For mine from Amazon IT. Hopefully it comes with the extra cd...

15. SibilanceSegs

SibilanceSegs Forum Resident

I wonder if my bank will let me open a P.F.R.R.S.P. account for the amount of money (pun intended) I have given this band in 2016..sheesh

Esperanzan likes this.
  16. PhoffiFozz

Amazon US. They basically say I'd have to contact the manufacturer, otherwise I have to send my whole box back to them, which is not only unreasonable, it's a pain in the butt. And I'm not really sure how to get a hold of them anyway...

17. fjtull

fjtull Forum Resident

Uhmmm....i am really sorry for you. After they announced officially on their fb page about the extra cd, This is a bad way to manage us, the fans. Especially on such an expensive item like this. Anyone who has already received from Amazon IT and can tell if there is any issue?

18. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I have a feeling that there will soon be a post about how to get the missing CD with a contact email, probably on their Facebook page, Twitter and website. They are probably already aware that some people are missing it. They have to know that their SNAFU could cause this kind of problem.

I'd suggest anyone with this problem to give it a few days before going through the trouble of exchanging the whole set.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  19. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

They weren't on Harvest until 1969. Until after Syd. Surely Columbia labels?

20. Stosmens

Stosmens Well-Known Member

Please upload The Cambridge Stati/on album

21. benroberts79

benroberts79 Forum Resident

I got my from the US for $570 Aussie I think. Still a lot of cash!!

Six Bachelors likes this.
  22. Aqualung2410

Aqualung2410 Forum Resident

Just received the 2CD Cre/ation and the sound is just gorgeous. In the meantime after days of thinking and reading about stuff on the internet I decided to cancel my order of the box set. Mainly because 1. the price is overly exaggerated, 2. The replication of DVDs and Blue Rays containing the same material 3. the obscured by clouds vs Pompei disc dilemma (can't handle this stress) 4. don't REALLY need the visual stuff, I'm more interested in the CDs 5. I already have the DVDs of More and La Vallée (and also Zabriskie Point for that matter which strangely enough is not included in the box). I'll just chew on my 2CD Cre/Ation for the time being and see how things unfold in the future, hopefully independent items will be released separately. But really mostly 450 euros for 27 discs (less if you count the dvd/blu ray repetitions) amounts to 17 euros per disc. That's taking advantage of the fans.

23. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Yes. I play the trombone, and one thing that is such a beautiful wonderful surprise to me is the violin solo interlude section from the studio version was replaced by this heavenly-sounding trombonist playing the same part at the Montreaux show. Bliss!

24. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Why we continue in two threads? Getting very confused.. Can we close that one and continue in new one?

Catbirdman, andrewskyDE and LarsO like this.
  25. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Simon A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.