Game of Thrones Season Six! April 24th 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

LOL...good one.

2. Great, they're giving us less, and making us wait longer for it. This better be good...:waiting:

Michael likes this.
  3. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

They claimed one of the reasons for the later start is that since winter has come, they had to wait for the actual winter/cold season to hit for filming.

Gary and Michael like this.
  4. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I think they're giving us more. I've read somewhere that the original plan was to wrap up the story in seven seasons. So instead of one 10-episode season, they're splitting it into two shorter seasons, one seven episodes and one six. Thirteen episodes instead of ten.

Michael likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I'm banking on a let-down...

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I think they're milking it for its all worth. I don't think it's a matter of them giving us "more" but parcelling it out so that what could be one season becomes two and all the benefits and adulation that comes from having another season beyond the 7th.

Keeping at 8 with limited episodes per season is a good move. Most pay cable series that have gone beyond 7 have not benefited from it (Weeds, Dexter) to name a couple.

7. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I don't care if we're getting more or less. I only care that we get enough.

Given that it has to end sometime.

8. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Surely there are others -- besides me -- who plan on picking up the blu-ray for season 6 next Tuesday (11/15)? It's quite a treat to not have to wait until April 2017 for its release.

Dennis Metz, Ed Hughes and DeeThomaz like this.
  9. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Just preordered, thanks for the headsup.

10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Just bought the boxed set with seasons 1-6 here in Brazil for the equivalent of $84 US dollars. Nice cover too, when you run your fingers across the dragon image it feels like touching a mosaic made of little stones on a wall.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Nice:cheers:

5th-beatle likes this.
  12. brew ziggins

That's pretty good value for your entertainment dollar.

ronbow and 5th-beatle like this.
  13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Shouldn't one WAIT until the entire series is over to make make a big set like this?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Indeed. I have just checked Amazon and it costs $167.99, so I paid half of that price for a 30-disc blu-ray set. I got mine at a shopping mall yesterday, they're having a Black Weekend offer in all stores. I also got the new Beatles CD at the Hollywood Bowl for the equivalent of $5.80 US dollars.
    They have been making these boxed sets every time a Season was released, so there are boxed sets of Seasons 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 and now 1-6. It will be a few more years until the complete series is released, so I decided to take advantage of the low price an I'll buy the remaining Seasons once they're available.

15. brew ziggins

To lazy to make the Ned Stark meme. 'One does not simply wait for the series to end'

16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Bit disappointed with Game Of Thrones 6 blu ray packaging,thinnest yet.Always a sign the series is going to end. Cutting corners with aesthetics.

17. alexpop

That's nice if you don't have any already.

5th-beatle likes this.
  18. alexpop

Game Of Thrones 6 ; Binge job, like a box of chocolates over in a blink of a eye. It was that good, brilliant in fact ..could be the best season yet !!!
    The series is ending at series 8 ( though some talk of extending it).
    Also, GOT 7 & GOT 8 will be shorter than previous seasons
    ( think Madmen ).

19. I just re-watched the last 2 episodes of this season (yeah....I'm getting anxious) and what is really stunning is how idiotic Jon Snow's tactics were against Bolton's army. Giving up the high ground? Check. Failing to strengthen flanks and prevent encirclement? Check. Falling for Ramsey's bait by risking life to rescue doomed brother? Check. Failure to anticipate the enemies tactics in any reasonable way? Check. I wonder if it was the producer's intent to make Jon look like an inexperienced and reckless field commander?

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  20. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

All valid points. Every one. But I think it was the producer's intent to make Jon Snow's death look like it was a sure thing.

Pete Puma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.