Pawn Stars

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Evan L, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I assumed that's what he was referring to when he asked.

2. Sure, but on Hardcore there's the possibility of amusing/entertainingly violent outbursts from customers.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  3. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I swear, I have run into every one of these gauche losers at one time or another. Why am I not entertained? I met Les once. Was very nice, but we weren't doing business. That will NEVER happen

scobb likes this.
  4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I've seen that show a few times: It's really a different show than "Pawn Stars"... "Pawn Stars" basically focuses on the items, "Hardcore Pawn" deals with the people side of things and seems to have "continuing storylines" that carry from episode to episode...

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Looks like Brett is gone,
    one of the cooler experts,
    imho
    What ever happened to
    Chum's legal troubles ?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

This is the worst Haiku ever.

7. Moonbeam Skies

Moonbeam Skies Forum Resident

One of my favorite segments was when some guy tried to sell his Buick Regal to the shop and they turned him down, but then Chumlee bought it for himself. Best car they ever had on the show!

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I like the show. I still watch it.

eddiel and Grand_Ennui like this.
  9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I remember I really liked the first two or so seasons of the show but then I soured on it very fast and stopped watching very quickly. The "wacky antics" became more and more unbelievable and it seemed to be less and less about the cool stuff and learning about the history of the artifacts.

I can only suspend my disbelief so far before I get throughly annoyed and insulted, you know? :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  10. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

make believe low class reality overall

action pact likes this.
  11. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Chumlee made a deal with the prosecutor.

He plead guilty. In exchange the drug charges were reduced to a single misdemeanor drug charge (attempting to possess ...) and he was sentenced to three years probation on the condition he undergo counselling and stay out of trouble until 2019. No jail time. The weapons charges were reduced but there is still a single felony weapons charge - however it was stayed and will be dismissed in three years time if he fulfills the conditions of his probation. If he violates the terms of his probation he will sentenced to prison time. The investigation into the alleged sexual assault was dropped entirely. He forfeited all the weapons and drugs seized by police.

Sweet deal considering that the original allegation was that he held a woman in his basement, drugged and sexually assaulted her. And that originally he was facing (IIRC) twenty felony counts on the weapons and drug offences. And the police found enough drugs (methamphetamine, Xanax, marijuana - and evidence of cocaine use but no cocaine) that charges along the line of "possession with intent to deal" were considered; and that only four of the twelve guns were legally owned and registered.

My guess is that he'll be back on the show. The network must figure that enough time has passed, the sexual assault investigation went away, no jail time, he's the most popular character on a show that isn't as popular as it once was (so, the Harrisons haven't thrown him under the bus), and that most people who watch the show probably don't care - it may even boost ratings. I believe since the plea deal he has keep up a sympathetic social media presence and has shown up for some [PR] local charity events. His "comeback" will probably be a story line next season.

billdcat and Moonbeam Skies like this.
  12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Richard seems to have retired,
    been ages since he's appeared.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Wow, all those charges, and he walks away with a slap on the wrist.
    What a great justice system we have here in the USA.

billdcat and Rhett like this.
  14. Grand_Ennui

He was never taken off the show... Even when the allegations surfaced, they still aired the show, and he's been in all of the new episodes lately...

As far as his "comeback" being part of the next season's storyline, I don't see it happening-They tend to keep their "personal affairs" off the show for the most part... Like Rick's been remarried and that was never shown on the show, they never mentioned Richard "The Old Man" Harrison's disappearance from the show, etc... If they don't highlight things like that, it's pretty doubtful they'd highlight Chumlee's brush with the law...

15. Grand_Ennui

He's the art expert, right?

I wish they would have kept their original autograph authenticator, I preferred him over that guy they have now (I think his name's Steve?)...

Scope J likes this.
  16. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

You are correct that he was never taken off the show, but it was questionable whether he would return when the new season started up in the fall. (AFAIK the History Channel was silent as to whether he would return or not.) My understanding is the show finished shooting episodes about a month before he was arrested and IIRC episodes for the new season was set to start shooting in September or October. The new season hasn't aired here, yet. I think the episodes you saw were the ones that had been shot prior to his arrest.

Since the arrest the stories I've noticed on the web seem sympathetic, concentrating on the charity work he's done, surgery on his hand, being Rick's ring-bearer at his wedding, etc. While I don't expect the show to explicitly mention his arrest, I think attention will be drawn to how he's improving himself and "living a better life" by doing charity work and losing weight.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Grand_Ennui likes this.
  17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Didn't the original autograph authenticator get accused of falsely authenticating fake baseball autographs while working for a baseball memorabilia dealer so they could pass off the fake autographs to make a lot of money? I'm not quite sure of the details but that is something what I heard. (I think this happened prior to Pawn Stars, though. Not sure on that either.)

Texastoyz likes this.
  18. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I thought they did mention Rick getting married. In fact, there was an episode where Danny (The Count) and Rick from the other show amongst other friends celebrated with Rick on a boat or something like that. But the boat wasn't right and they ended up somewhere else.... IDK - I can't quite keep it straight.

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah there was an episode about throwing Rick a bachelor party on a boat and in the end Rick disappeared and they found him below deck reading a book. The whole thing revolved around how Rick is a nerd basically.

Rhett likes this.
  20. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Yup - that's it!

21. Grand_Ennui

That could very well be true... I don't doubt what you're saying, I've just never heard about that before... If it is true, he will have lost a lot of credibility...

22. Grand_Ennui

True that the new episodes that are airing now could have been filmed before his law issues...

23. Grand_Ennui

You're correct and I had forgot all about that episode until it was mentioned again in this thread...

I guess I brought up Rick's marriage because other than maybe casually mentioning it and having the bachelor party episode, they've never showed his wife or anything of that nature...That's more of what I was getting at when I said they don't really bring too much of their personal affairs off the show... I guess I'm so use to every one of those reality shows showing their weddings, it was surprising they didn't highlight Rick's :)

eddiel likes this.
  24. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

[​IMG]

Jack White has let himself go.

Vinyl Addict and eddiel like this.
  25. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

That is what I heard as well. I also heard the guy from PSA has also authenticated some fakes as well, but he is still on the show.

Hauls of Shame - Breaking News ยป

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.