All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

If anyone is interested, there is this double vinyl beautiful gatefold (w DVD) version of "The End."
    The legendary Motley Crue in their final performance.
    The gatefold "Final Tour" artwork & incredible band photography on the inner sleeves is well worth the price of admission alone.
    They are the Eagle releases like the Stones recent live records.
    My vinyl is flat....perfect.

Ok, it doesn't sound specially mastered for vinyl. But, I don't really know.
    I can say that it's a much better listen than the cd that comes w the bluray package.
    I say it for the same reason I say it with Sweet Summer Sun (Stones) - SOUNDSTAGE.
    Wider sound, is better sound to me always - even more so on a big live record.

Just A/B'd Tommy's cowbells on SOS...better clarity on the vinyl. A bit more muffled on the disc.

Highly recommend for all you Crueheads - I'm convinced it'll be a nice collectible. Final show, beautiful gatefold/artwork, better sound.

Right here:

Motley Crue - End: Live in Los Angeles - Amazon.com Music »

D.B. likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i know this isn't a ratt thread but I admire stephen pearcy for constantly releasing music even though he has to know the sales will be minimal. nikki sixx gets better sales but he is also one of the few 80's rock artists who constantly release new material. George lynch, the guys from kings x and jack blades are other 80's artists releasing new music all the time. its nice to see people who still release new music because they love creating music.

-since 1990 pearcy has released 12 studio albums, some non album songs some vault material and some live stuff

-since 1990 sixx has released 11 studio albums, some non album songs or songs on greatest hits releases and live stuff.

-since 1990 jack blades has released 13 studio albums and some live stuff

-since 1990 george lynch has released 21 studio albums, some EPs and live stuff

-since 1990 dug pinnick of kings x has released 23 studio albums and lots of vault and live material

-since 1990 ty tabor of kings x has released 24 studio albums and lots of vault and live material

all of these guys also write songs for others, produce albums for others and make guest appearances.

3. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

One I'll add: Stryper. 2 really good records in a row. Sweet vox are still ....sweet. Last record may be their hardest rockin yet.

But, you're right.

PS: Motley Crue "The End" vinyl rocks! Lol!
    Wish they didn't edit all of what Vince said to the audience. Very emotional. He choked up a lot ....a few times. Final gig seemed to really hit him the hardest.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

add strypers singer Michael sweet. he seems to release an album ever 9 months now

Clanceman likes this.
  5. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

One w Lynch even. Lol!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

sweets 2 newest solo albums are right up your alley if you like the newer stryper material

Clanceman likes this.
  7. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

i really like this performace

Clanceman likes this.
  8. fpas

fpas Just...take it easy, man.

Holy moly, Nikki's bass is way out of tune....

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  9. jason88cubs

at least he is actually playing

10. jason88cubs

11. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Picked up a vinyl copy at my local shop of the rare (unofficial) LP "Shout At The Devil Outtakes" - Jubilee Vinyl label.

Pretty cool. Rough sound. "Breaking The Chains" - nice Vince vox. Damn, I love Vince vocals...loved the sound of his voice.

Weird album cover. Sixx is on the front, Heather Locklear on the back.

Bastard & 10 seconds (killer 10 sec), Piece Of Your Action, Too Young, Looks That Kill are live from the Orpheum Theatre. Had these on tape. The live cuts sound best.

Grab it if you find it. Interesting stuff. I've had tapes of some in past. Can't remember if any of this stuff was cleaned up for the bonus stuff on the "Crucial Crue" remasters?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. Matthew Tate

whats on this release?

13. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I thought it was Vince who was out of tune... or out of breath... whichever - that was really bad.

14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Matt - it's all Outtakes....totally different versions from SATD - then a few cuts that didn't make the record. Sound quality is rough, but I think you'd dig - since I know you like that era.

Just about to crash & filed the album away, but I'll lost it all here tomorrow - promise. A few are on Discogs. One going cheap.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Matthew Tate

I wonder if those are the demo's then that appear on the SATD remaster. is "I will survive" and "black widow" on there?

16. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

Hi all, a few health problems have prevented me from posting as much as I wanted. Nice to see the discussion keeps going though!

On a lighter note, I've been exchanging a couple of e-mails with Michael Wagener regarding his mixing work, notably his work on Crüe tracks. I figured you guys would appreciate this part of my conversation with him.

- My next question deals with the two tracks you remixed for the Mötley Crüe 1991 compilation Decade of Decadence. I really like them and would be interested to know how they came into fruition. Did the band suggest your name? Was it the record company? How did you approach the remixing of the track: were you provided with the original multitrack tapes?
    Doug Thaler, Motley’s manager was also my manager at the time. As you might know I originally mixed the first album when it was on Lethür records. So they used my original mixes on the “Decade” because they always liked them better than the Electra version, but I also remixed two songs of the live recordings. They provided the multitrack tapes for that. I have known Mick since 1980 and we are still good friends. He just moved here to Nashville.

- Thanks for your input on the Mötley mixes. I was very aware that you mixed the original Leathür version of their debut album. That said, these aren't the exact mixes they used for Live Wire and Piece of Your Action on Decade of Decadence (that's especially noticeable on the drums). I assume, then, that you didn't remix these tracks in 1990-1991 specifically for this compilation?
    Congrats on the mixing of the live tracks: great performance by the band at its tightest, of course, but your mix perfectly complements it!
    Dear Vincent, as far as I am aware those are the original mixes from the Leathür Records release, the songs just have been re-mastered.

As you can see, his answers are pretty iteresting regarding the two 1991 remixes. This is probably another case of faulty liner notes first and foremost. While the album certainly doesn't use the Leathür mixes but rather contemporary remixes, they kept the original credits even if Michael Wagener isn't the one who remixed the tracks! Interesting, also to note that he doesn't appear to know that they didn't use his mixes at all. Maybe they intended to, and then later decided to remix them?

17. Matthew Tate

yeah thats a bit strange. if you notice the liner note for "smoking in the boys room" is also incorrect I believe. I'm not at home to look right now but I believe "smoking in the boys room" says "original version from" or something like that while other album tracks say "taken from". this would lead me to believe originally "smoking in the boys room" was originally going to be another remix or the live version from the raw tracks ep and at the last second they just went with the album version.

18. Use_Your_Koala

Hi Matthew,

You remark about Smokin' is very interesting. I don't have the booklet with me, but your point about the Raw Tracks version could very well be correct. It would be nice to get in touch with someone at the record company who worked on this release and who could enlighten us...

Pouchkine and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. Matthew Tate

I'm about to head home so i'll look in the booklet when I get home

Pouchkine and Use_Your_Koala like this.
  20. Matthew Tate

The booklet does indeed make a notation for "smokin in the boys room" as if its not the album version but it is

Clanceman and Pouchkine like this.
  21. Use_Your_Koala

Interesting. Liner notes work in mysterious ways...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Matthew Tate

agreed. the rest of the songs that are taken directly from albums are noted differently than "smoking in the boys room". its no secret what the band thinks about TOP and since "home sweet home" was remixed I'm willing to bet the band was going to use the live raw tracks "smoking in the boys room" and dropped the idea at the last second

Use_Your_Koala and Clanceman like this.
  23. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

It seems that the Let Us Prey demo with Corabi on vocals has been removed fron Youtube. Darn!!!

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Use_Your_Koala

Bitter Sixx is at it again?

Pouchkine, Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

John Corabi on Eddie Trunk from a few days ago. He says the live album/video of his solo band doing the MC94 album will come out late January/early February. That seems hard to believe.

Also says the Dead Daisies will have a live album out next year. Really? Do they sell enough records to justify a live album?

Also says he's going to contact Mick in the new year to see if he wants to write some more for the Mick solo album. Write more? Face it, this Mick Mars solo album is never coming out!

Pouchkine and Clanceman like this.