Did you know that ( ) played on ( )?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jwb1231970, Dec 27, 2016.

1. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

I know this is ridiculous but, in my defence, I'm British and not what you would call a 'big fan' (due to his politics, interests and, erm, 'general outlook') but, even though I've owned his first solo album and Double Live Gonzo since childhood, I did not know that Meatloaf (or Meat Loaf as he now insists on being called) sings on several tracks on Ted Nugent's Free For All album. - I picked a really nice copy of this album up the other week (it was cheap) and, to my utter surprise, it is a startlingly great rock album with the songs sung by Mr Loaf being outstanding. Easily the best Ted album I've heard and one which makes it a little easier to forgive him all the personal stuff....

I listened to it, thought, hmm that voice sounds familiar, looked the sleeve notes and the truth was revealed. Not sure I've ever heard Meatloaf on finer form...

2. Jackie's Quick Touches album features Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter on guitar.

Great song and a great performance of her friends song from that album

[​IMG]
    3:21

Things We Said Today
    youtube.com

Lots of commercials currently on TV feature her self penned song- Put A Little Love In Your Heart.

Wicki says:
    DeShannon is currently an entertainment broadcast correspondent reporting historical anecdotes and current Beatles band members' news for Breakfast with the Beatles on Sirius XM Satellite Radio on the weekends.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Hardy Melville likes this.
  3. Jeff "Skunk" Baxter produced and played guitar on Bob Weir's Bobby and the Midnights album, Where the Beat Meets the Street with guitarists - Weir , Steve Cropper and Brian Seltzer.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. I believe the thread topic clearly specified "on" -- and not "with".

Fullbug and Buggyhair like this.
  5. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Had it straight from the horses mouth now (WJ and NW-R), some of their parts still remain on the released version of Relax and some of their parts MAY remain on Two Tribes; they're not really sure!

6. Peter Wolf of the J Geils Band recorded an album named :Sleepless , that features Keith Richards on electric guitar, vocals and Mick Jagger on vocals, harmonica

BEST ALBUM YOU NEVER HEARD

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Jagger is also on his first solo lp, Lights Out.

8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I think nearly the whole Soft Machine band played on Syd's album The Madcap Laughs.

[Edit:]
    Damn I'm late!^^

9. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

Stephen Stills played bass on Clapton's "Let It Rain" from the S/T album.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  10. doc021

doc021 Forum Resident

Not quite but an almost...I just finished reading Altamont and discovered that Bonnie Bramlett ( from Delaney & Bonnie) tried many takes to get the "Rape, Murder" right for Gimme Shelter recording. After several unsuccessful hours, the Stones called Merry Clayton in the middle of the night to replace Bonnie. The rest is music history...thank God.

11. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Stewart Copeland played drums in the progressive band Curved Air, recording Midnight Wire (1975) and Airborne (1976) just before meeting Sting and forming The Police.

12. Black Widow

Black Widow Forum Resident

:edthumbs:

13. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

That album also features contributions from Tony Williams, Ryuichi Sakamoto and Steve Vai.

14. Jimi Floyd

Ry Cooder played on:

Safe as Milk by Captain Beefheart
    Taj Mahal by Taj Mahal
    Neil Young by Neil Young
    Head by The Monkees
    Running Down The Road and Washington County by Arlo Guthrie
    Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones
    Stampede by The Doobie Brothers
    Into the Music by Van Morrison
    Money and Cigarettes by Eric Clapton

and many, many more...

15. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

Andy Partridge of XTC played guitar on Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"

16. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Andy Partridge also provides vocals for The Resident's 'Margaret Freeman' from their Commercial Album...

...whilst the lead guitar on Thomas Dolby's 'Close But No Cigar' is by Eddie Van Halen.

17. Kliph

Kliph Senior Member

That, Stevie Ray Vaughn played the lead guitar on Jennifer Warnes "First We Take Manhattan" from the album
    Famous Blue Raincoat.

.......Kliph

18. Jimi Floyd

Apparently nobody told here Stevie Ray Vaughan played guitar solos on David Bowie's Lets Dance.

19. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Eric Clapton plays lead guitar on Billy Preston's "That's The Way God Planned It".

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

She never exploited her association with The Beatles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:laugh:

21. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy Thread Starter

I thought it was organ

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

George Harrison plays on Derek & The Dominos "Roll It Over".

23. amcaudio

amcaudio Forum Resident

Lyme & Cybelle a duo that recorded for White Whale was Warren Zevon and Violet Santangelo

24. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

'Labio Dental Fricative' by Vivian Stanshall and the Sean Head Showband features Eric Clapton on guitar.

25. Neil Young played harmonica on Fury Sings the Blues from the Hejira album by Joni Mitchell.

piepants likes this.