Star Wars Episode VII: The Spoilers Awaken

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DreadPikathulhu, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

They should have put Hayden C. in Titanic then he could have got on the lifeboat with Billy Zane in order to save Rose :)

sunspot42, Encuentro and superstar19 like this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Gave this a re-watch on the weekend and liked it just as much (if not more) than the first time! Even though I knew what was going to happen, a couple scenes still got me a little choked up. ;)

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Here is an interesting and rather violent deleted scene, Chewbacca ripping Unkar Plutt's arm off.

Quadboy, fishcane and ohnothimagen like this.
  4. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Yes, I saw this when I got my 3D Blu-ray last week. I already wondered how they could make a Star Wars film with not at least one arm or hand severed.

Fun scene, but how would Unkar Plutt suddenly appear in that bar on a totally different planet?

5. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Maybe he put a tracking device on the Falcon on Jakku?

6. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

A good kid?

The lad was psychotic. He massacred a village with women and children. That's before we even get to the 'younglings'. And he's prepared to kill children and close friends because a dream scared him? Padmé should have legged it as soon as he told her about the sandpeople. Makes you wonder about her though ("Padmé, I have just murdered a load of women and children" "Anankin, I love you" - the freaks deserved each other).

sunspot42 likes this.
  7. wolfram

Sure, there a possible explanations. But why would he go through all that trouble, just to get back that piece of garbage? I guess the only reason for that scene was to have a cool moment for Chewie. And in the end they felt it was to brutal for the tone of the movie, so they cut it out.

8. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I'd say it was another echo of the first Star Wars' (I can't call it "A New Hope"): the bar scene where Obi Wan cuts off the guy's arm to protect Luke. There could be many explanations as to how Unkar Plutt got there (tracking device is very likely, as he "owned" the Falcon).

9. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

who says he was after the Falcon back?
    There is some unexplained history between the two of them.
    Maybe he knows who her parents are and how valuable she could be?

10. wolfram

Yes, I thought of that too.
    That's possible. But he didn't really shy away from putting her in danger when he sent some guys after BB-8. But who knows? I still suspect he mainly showed up in that scene to have his arm ripped off.

sunspot42 likes this.
  11. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

He was a good kid when he was a slave; all the other stuff didn't happen until he started his Jedi training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.