Klipsch bringing back Forte

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SKBubba, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKBubba

SKBubba Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apologies if this has already mentioned, but Klipsch has announced the Forte III...

Shipping later this year, $3800/pair.

The Pinhead and EasterEverywhere like this.
  2. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Of the Extended Heritage family designed on PWK core concepts, the Fortes are my favorite. A welcome revival.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. russk

russk Forum Resident

I'm definitely going to hear a pair. They have what the designer refers to as "all the tricks" he has learned incorporated into them including an improved midrange horn. A pair in that Black California Walnut with lamb's wool grills would look good in my room.

SandAndGlass and McLover like this.
  4. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I used to have a pair of Forte II's...or was it the Chorus II's? I always get them confused. Anyway...they were great speakers. I wish I still had them.

5. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

6. Stereosound

The one responsible for bringing them back:

clhboa and russk like this.
  7. Mitsuman

Mitsuman Diamond Tone Junkie

I really wonder how they will sound, since the original exponential horn in the Forte's is a totally different beast than a tractrix horn.

8. dadbar

dadbar Forum Resident

Wow....it looks like Klipsch is bringing back Don Rickels too.

9. russk

russk Forum Resident

Thanks that is a great video. I hadn't seen that yet.

10. russk

russk Forum Resident

The Forte 2 had a tractrix horn. The horn in the Forte 3 is supposed to be a fair improvement over it.

McLover likes this.
  11. Mitsuman

That's good, but I prefer the sound of the original.

12. Stereosound

13. russk

russk Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to hearing them. These and the new Tannoy Legacy series are very interesting. Can't wait to hear them.

14. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

15. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I would love to have a pair of these speakers and a Raven Nighthawk integrated.

16. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

Hopefully the Forte III are better than earlier models. I had original Forte. Upgraded to the expensive magnesium diaphragm horns & rebuilt the crossovers with premium parts. It still was an average sounding speaker. I unloaded them, but did get my money back.

17. Maccamera

Maccamera Well-Known Member

I have owned a set of the new Klipsch Forte iii’s for 2 months now. I got them to replace my Spendor A5r’s which my dog and any small visiting children would easily tip over. It was a safety thing plus we were looking at growing our family. The Forte’s weigh 72 lbs each and have a large footprint that prevent tipping over like the Spendors. The joy, however, came in the sound. The Spendors, for example, sounded very precise reproducing a piano. Almost like the microphone picked up ONLY the resonance of the strings of the piano. The Forte’s, to my surprise, plunked down a full grand piano with the resonances of the shaped wood and open top in my living room. My wife was amazed at how “full” and “complete” the new speakers sounded compared to the other “audiophile” ones we had before. Obviously, room acoustics (mine are admittedly poor), complimenting equipment, etc plays a giant roll in sound reproduction. But, in my house with my gear and my vinyl, the Forte iii’s allow me to enjoy the music without constantly trying to hear something that might not be there or making tiny little adjustments in my system. They just fill me and my room up.

18. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Go on then, let's see a picture.

19. Maccamera

20. Maccamera

Newbie to forums...how do I post a pic? I copied and pasted one, but, it didn’t work (unless the admin has to approve it first)

21. Mitsuman

What were you powering them with?

22. Taylor7108

Taylor7108 Active Member

I would also love to know what amp you are using, as I am considering the Forte iii or Dynaudio Excite x38 for my hifi system using a Rega Elicit R. Still in love with them?

23. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

heard a pair in dealers with a tiny Unison Reareach Simply Italy 12wpc ( EL34) amp & they filled a very large room

24. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

I'm sure they sound fab, but talk about sticker shock! Happily staying with a very similar design, but with 15" woofers......Chorus IIs w/ Crites.

McLover likes this.
  25. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

any brightness or fatique?

Kossoff is God likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.