The official "random Star Wars stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

Check out these Super-8 versions.... the plot is rendered totally incomprehensible by the massive amount of editing, and the missing footage creates some pretty hilarious plot holes. Here's Episode IV:

2. Rocker

... and here's Episode V:

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Simon Pegg ranks the Star Wars. I completely agree with his list.

4. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I've always been more of a "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" kinda guy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Keith V likes this.
  5. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I keep joking with a friend that I'm going to get a t-shirt made with this on the front. I really should do this.

6. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Star Wars credits, done True Detective style:

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The Empire Strikes Back trailer cut into the style of the Force Awakens trailer. I like it.

Simon A, TheVU, Quadboy and 2 others like this.
  8. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I got the impression based on the Prequels that there was a level of knowledge in the force that was different for each Jedi Master. Obi-Wan could capture and absorb Sith lightning bolts with his light saber. Mace Windu could also capture them with his light saber and send them back to his attacker. Yoda could not only absorb the Sith lightning bolts with his bare hands, but also reflect them back to his attacker. Just an observation.

9. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Jason Wingreen, the original voice of Boba Fett, passed away on Christmas day at the age of 95.
    [​IMG]

10. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

He's had a rather prolific career I notice. And I do think his voice never needed to be changed in favour of Temuera Morrison's either. RIP.

Back to the movie. I'll never get over Daisy's adorable accent. Just cracks me up when she said "You're Han So-lo?!" And how she mentioned the Falcon doing the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs lol.

Encuentro likes this.
  11. Rocker

This is pretty funny.... they actually did quite an impressive job of matching up the lip movements:

Simon A likes this.
  12. Rocker

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It's amazing what fans can do nowadays!

14. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Happy Star Wars Day -- May the 4th be with you!

[​IMG]

S. P. Honeybunch and Rocker like this.
  15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

[​IMG]

Darryl

The Panda and JPagan like this.
  17. Rocker

Funny comment I heard today: someone comparing the awkward "stepping on Jabba's tail" moment (from the New Hope SE) to "Poochie leaving for another planet." (Simpsons fans will get the reference and why the comparison is so funny). ;)

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Mark Hamill is a funny guy! This is like a stand-up comedy routine. He takes the stage Star Wars Celebration 2016 for an hour by himself and has the crowd in the palm of his hand. He's very charming.

19. Rocker

from Wikipedia:

In 2012–13, a proposal on the White House's website urging the United States government to build a real Death Star as an economic stimulus and job creation measure gained more than 30,000 signatures, enough to qualify for an official response. The official (tongue-in-cheek) response was released in January 2013[42] and noted that the cost of building a real Death Star has been estimated at $850 quadrillion by the Lehigh University, or about 13,000 times the amount of money and resources on Earth, while the International Business Times cited a Centives economics blog calculation that, at current rates of steel production, the Death Star would not be ready for more than 833,000 years.[43] The White House response also stated "the Administration does not support blowing up planets," and questioned funding a weapon "with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship" as reasons for denying the petition.

;)

20. Rocker

Was just perusing the ESB page over at the TV Tropes website...
    The Empire Strikes Back (Film) - TV Tropes »

.. and I was reminded of something that really grinds my gears. One of the listed tropes is:
    That is wrong, wrong, wrong!! It's NOT Luke's hand that you see falling. How this ridiculous misconception even got started in the first place is beyond me. I could give you an entire list of reasons why it's definitely not Luke's hand, but for now I'll just post the clip and let you watch for yourself:

(it occurs at the very end of the video, around the 7:54 mark)

21. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

People thought that was his hand? Even as a kid, I knew it was just a piece of the antenna.

Rocker likes this.
  22. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Not to mention all of those permits.

Rocker likes this.
  23. ladycat

ladycat Forum Resident

24. Rocker

25. Rocker

Solaris likes this.