Help pricing Joy Division Unknown Pleasures original LP

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Randazzo3, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randazzo3

Randazzo3 New Member Thread Starter

Yeah Im buying a original copy (but who can be completely certain with this album). It has no garrod and loft house credit on the inner sleeve, has the porky prime cute engravings on the record and is mint. Beside a tear on the cover. The guy wants 50pounds (60 usd). Is this a good price or should I look for another?

2. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Only if buying an original UK 1st pressing is important to you...the asking price seems fair.

There is a thread that I started a few years back with lotsa info regarding how to identify a UK 1st pressing of UP.

3. Randazzo3

Randazzo3 New Member Thread Starter

4. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Jacket is not the greatest condition...maybe you should put in an offer and make sure that it's in fact a genuine 1st pressing.

Good luck!

5. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

Cover is trashed in my opinion. I would pay $30 max for it if the record is NM indeed.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, the cover is VG-. It's not a rare album/pressing. $30 max sounds about right.

7. Anthony1976

Anthony1976 New Member

Hello I have round edges and porkies s-13 then s-6 in the other side am I right in saying this is likely 1979 and one of the first pressings ? has Garrod & L on outside many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.