Midnight Oil announces massive 2017 reunion tour, 3 huge box sets with unreleased music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lynd8, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meihyes

meihyes Forum Resident

I did get confirmation from the Denver venue, the presale limit is 8.

2. dragpeace

dragpeace Forum Resident

I'm trying to by Sliver Springs MD tickets, but can't buy without the presale password. However, the email says that there is no password. Has anyone else had better luck?

3. dragpeace

dragpeace Forum Resident

Nevermind - it works now with no code. :)

4. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

First New York show is sold out but a second has been added. So at least we know there's a possibility of new shows popping up on the schedule.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Yeah, one look at the itinerary and you can see a lot of wide open spaces. I guess the Oils are playing it conservatively. Extra dates should help KO the scalpers.

6. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

And here I thought they were seniors who needed a lot of rest between gigs :)

7. SpudOz

SpudOz Forum Resident

I'm off to the Hanging Rock concert in Victoria, Australia in November. General admission ticket only up the back but who'd wanna sit at an Oils concert anyway!!

Might keep an eye out for Miranda while I'm there. :whistle:

8. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone located a full track list for the Overflow set yet? There were two versions of the Unplugged show - hopefully this includes the longer version and maybe even a few unreleased tracks...

9. Confuseacat

Confuseacat Forum Resident

Just got my tickets for the Fillmore Silver Spring show. I am pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the Live Nation mobile app is to use. And no password needed.

10. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Got tix for Boston! Whoo-hoo!!!

11. shirtandtie

shirtandtie Forum Resident

LiveNation cycled searching for tickets for the Boston show for 12 minutes and then there were no tickets left. Then MAGICALLY in my other StubHub browser tab, countless tickets appeared!

I'll watch the YouTube videos. Not playing games.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  12. morgan1098

I was able to snag 4 tickets to the Denver show, so I'm happy. Good luck to everyone else and death to scalpers.

13. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Congrats! I've been able to get...nuthin', all morning. Infuriating.

14. stevemoss

stevemoss Forum Resident

When I tried, there were no floor (general admission) tickets available. Was it the same for you? I'm going to try again tomorrow in the general sale.

15. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Yes, no floor GA tix at all. I got Mezzanine tix at first, gave them up as I wanted floor, kept getting shut out, eventually got upper level box seats, gave those up, got shut out some more. then finally settled on Mezz tix.

16. jo66hn

jo66hn Forum Resident

I'm off to see the Oils at the Wiltern, yes!
    OILS!

CBC and Pennywise like this.
  17. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

It was easy to get floor tickets to the Fox in Oakland through the APE presale, surprise, surprise. Either demand isn't high or ordering through the TM phone app was the right way to go.

I'll watch them sing about the Blue Sky Mine even though Garrett approved expansion of a uranium mine as AU environment minister. :D

18. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

Got my ticket for Christchurch NZ on pre sale several hours after it was "open". A bit surprised that the allocation hadn't sold out immediately, especially as they haven't headline toured here since 1990 and haven't been to Christchurch since the mid 80's. I hope they can still rock it like they old days (I was too young to see them live in their golden age).

19. robcar

robcar Forum Resident

How did you do that? I've signed up for the newsletter but can't find the pre-sale password anywhere and Altitude won't let me buy tickets without the PW.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  20. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

I'm confused. what's the "offer code" for Live Nation Presale?

21. The Big Guy

The Big Guy Forum Resident

A person on the Midnight Oil fans Facebook site just posted this:

"Just looked at StubHub as of 1:30pm PST for the Los Angeles show at The Wiltern...There are 232 floor tickets, 91 loge tickets, and 96 Mezzanine tickets available from $76-$200 per ticket. That is 419 tickets just from the allocated presale tickets. This scalping is getting so ridiculous. There really needs to be a fix of the whole system."

That is just freakin' ridiculous. The place only holds 1,850. I would not have imagined this much interest in Midnight Oil at this time. I love them but their popularity was waning in the US when they called it quits in 2002. Hopefully a lot of those scalpers will take a beating.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  22. morgan1098

THE GREAT CIRCLE TICKET PRE-SALE :: Midnight Oil

If the pre-sale is sold out (likely at this point), the general on sale is tomorrow at 10am.

23. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  24. shirtandtie

shirtandtie Forum Resident

Yup! I've been a HUGE fan since 1982 and only ever saw them once in 1990 but this ticket bulls*^t isn't worth my time. LiveNation and Ticketmaster scalp their own tickets all the time and I'm not biting.

25. morgan1098

Those are crazy prices on top of the already steep prices from the official site. Especially considering:
    1) No indication anywhere if the DVDs are region-free, PAL, etc.
    2) Still no track listings for the CDs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.