Nicolas Cage.....why does a talented actor, who had a promising start end up acting in B movies.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DeepFloyd11, Feb 25, 2017.

1. DeepFloyd11

DeepFloyd11 Lady Eclectic Thread Starter

I was just scrolling through a number of movies on Netflix and encountered a few with Nicolas Cage.
    It made me kind of sad to see, that his acting career is limited now to some really mediocre productions. Almost embarrassing really.

He comes from sort of Hollywood royalty, had a really good start - with some good action/entertainment movies and some more artistic ones ( Leaving Las Vegas being my all time favourite Cage movie - with another very talented actress Elisabeth Shue.....who also kind of disappeared although she had potential in my opinion).

Why do you think that is?
    What is your personal opinion on Nicolas Cage as an actor and his 'bad career choices'?

2. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

1. He is (or at least was) a druggie

2. He claimed that his big money was stolen by his business manager

Sean, DeepFloyd11 and Jvalvano like this.
  3. junk

junk Hellion

Back taxes.

Sean, RickH, JediJones and 2 others like this.
  4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Castles are expensive to maintain

mr. steak, Sean, Rooster_Ties and 4 others like this.
  5. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

His fall is not as bad as De Niro proportionally.

mr. steak, RSteven, Sean and 21 others like this.
  6. CrazyCatz

CrazyCatz Great shot kid. Don't get cocky!

Whilst I can't judge Cages latest Movies' without watching..i think I've pretty enjoyed everything he's been in since Raising Arizona..

Methinks is very easy to fall from favour in Hollywood tbh, plus as mentioned above.. Mans probably got bills.. Least he ain't popped up in Adverts yet or some Soap..

7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I think he is a terrible actor

mr. steak, Sean, GMfan87' and 23 others like this.
  8. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Bad actor where nepotism played a big part in his career.

Sean, intv7, GMfan87' and 8 others like this.
  9. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

He's a bit one dimensional in my opinion.

RSteven, Sean, Platterpus and 8 others like this.
  10. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Didn't Nicolas Cage beat up Vince Neil a few years ago for allegedly hitting a woman? For that, he'll always be an A actor in my book.

mr. steak, RSteven, Sean and 14 others like this.
  11. 3. He spent tens of millions on luxury cars, yachts, private islands, and various expensive frivolities

So then, all told the guy is somewhat cash-poor and can't afford to be choosy if he's going to maintain his celebrity lifestyle.

Scowl, Vidiot, somnar and 2 others like this.
  12. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

So I can become a hero for beating someone up over allegations? Cool. Violence is always the answer......:shake:

Sean, Scowl, Actuarybrad and 6 others like this.
  13. DeepFloyd11

DeepFloyd11 Lady Eclectic Thread Starter

I didn't know about the frivolous life style etc....so he could't deal with the fame = as many other actors and celebrities I guess. That's too bad,maybe when he gets older he will have a chance to capture those emotions and pain into the right part/ movie....like Mickey Roarke or Michael Keaton.

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

He won an Oscar due to "nepotism"?

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

1. He is (or at least was) a druggie

2. He claimed that his big money was stolen by his business manager

Bad actor where nepotism played a big part in his career.

one dimensional

That's at least half of Hollywood actors so he fits right in.

Sean, GMfan87', caracallac and 10 others like this.
  16. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Actually, I just think it's cool Nick Cage beat up Vince Neil even without the allegations.

Sean, aorecords, intv7 and 28 others like this.
  17. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

At least he still owns a cool cemetary plot in New Orleans! Saw it on a tour.......:edthumbs:

18. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

19. shokhead

Net worth of Nicolas Cage in 2017 :- $18 Million
    According to the richest, his estimated net worth is about $18 million USD. But the truth is different. Nicolas Cage made over $150 million acting between 1996 and 2011. It includes movies like Windtalkers ($20 million), Gone in Sixty Seconds ($20 million), Snake Eyes ($16 million) & Snake Eyes ($16 million). In his forties, he spent so much cash that he put the King of Arabia to shame. He spent that money for almost everything like he bought 67 million-year-old skull Tarbosaurus valued over $3 million. He is the owner of the rarest super cars on the earth from Italian sports car manufacturers like Ferrari and Lamborghini. More things to come. Just keep reading. The more you read the more amazing it will be.

Automotive collection of Nicolas Cage
    He spent most of his money to buy some of the great and rare things on earth. He has two super cars, a private jet and of course a yacht that most celebrities can not even predict. In his collection of super cars involves $1 million USD Ferrari Enzo which has the limited production number of only 349. Another one is Lamborghini Miura SVJ that he purchased from the late Shah of Iran in 1997 at cost of $4.5 million USD. Moreover, he got 9 Rolly Royce. In June 2004,
    e owned up to 30 motorcycles and 50 cars and he spends million of dollars on his automotive collection which involves some Vintage cars as well. He has four yachts and one of them has name Sarita values $20 million USD and it has 12 master bedroom. And a private Gulfstream jet unknown priced.
    Home(s) of Nicolas Cage

Get ready for his mind-boggling collection of Homes and castles & Islands around the world. He is having multi-million Mansion in NewOrleans which has a price of $3.45 million USD which is so-called Haunted house. He bought another house in New Orleans at cost of $3.5 million USD. And that was not enough for this crazy millionaire man so he went on buying $10 million Malibu beach

home, a private getaway home on Paradisen Island in the Bahamas, a $17.5 million palace in Bel Air, a mansion in Las Vegas, and an24,000 square foot home in Rhode Island. Moreover, he bought two European castle one of them in Bath, England at cost of $8 million and spend more millions to renovate it. Another one is in Etzelwang, Germany, an 11th-century Bavarian castle. And yes last one he invested in a 40-acre, priced $7 million USD island south of Nassau for his excessive privacy.

You can say The weirdest collection of the pet on the earth. Probably the Zoo. His pet collection involves no ordinary animals like Dog, cat, and mice. His pet collection includes An octopus an average pet for him. A shark, A crocodile, and Two terrible albino king cobras. Not one’s average collection of pet.

Vengeance: A Love Story (completed)
    John Dromoor
    2017 Inconceivable (post-production)
    Brian
    2017 Looking Glass (filming)
    Ray
    2017 Mom and Dad (completed)
    2017 The Humanity Bureau (post-production)
    Noah Kross
    2017 Arsenal
    Eddie King

We don't need to worry about him.

Sean, a customer, supermd and 4 others like this.
  20. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That's not true, he isn't 'terrible'. The Rock and Con Air for example are two great popcorn action films which show he's decent and can carry a film, and there are others films which demonstrate he's a perfectly competent star actor (the National Treasure films are fine fun action flicks). He was great in Kick Ass.

So its nonsense to call him terrible. He just agrees to do lots of poor films. But with a decent director that knows how to direct him and a decent plot and script he's fine.

Chauncy, Lonesurf, Umbari and 11 others like this.
  21. shokhead

Another National Treasure with some thought put into it would be fun.

22. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm not sure we need another one...

23. shokhead

I'll always take another one of any film if it's good.

24. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

His latest girlfriend just got her hair done recently by my WIFE!
    So.... he alright in my book!

25. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I liked him in Rumble Fish. :)

Sean, joelee and ssmith3046 like this.