Which "Widely Available" Beatles Film/Video Do You Watch The Most?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by If I Can Dream_23, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not necessarily the film or video that you feel is best, but the one you most frequently watch?

Perhaps this belongs in the Visual Arts Forum, but the Beatles dominance over popular music is so vast that I figure even their films and videos fall easily within the music realm.

I'll go a little out of the box (perhaps), and say that the video I put in the most is probably Magical Mystery Tour. Mainly due to four main factors:

1. It is rather concise for a film (easy to watch).

2. The "Top Of The Pops" video for "Hello Goodbye", included in the special features, that spotlights the two cute girls in the snow. :)

3. I have a soft spot for psych, surrealism, and outlandish technicolor!

4. The lovely stewardess, Miss Wendy Winters.
    :)

Feel free to vote for up to two Fab Four features of your choosing. I'll have Wendy tally the results...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    drasil and Silver Surfer like this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I don't watch ANY of them very often, but Anthology is the one I've seen the most times in my life.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  3. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident Thread Starter

That was the second choice that I voted for. It's definitely the "king release" in my opinion, for it remains the only real encompassing visual history for them and by them. It's so long though that I tend to just watch whatever episode (or year) appeals to me at the moment.

4. claudecat

claudecat Tax the rich! (sorry George)

I voted Anthology, which I've watched more repeatedly than the others, and "Other", which I'm using to account for my semi-annual re-watching of "All You Need Is Cash" (The Rutles). I know, that shouldn't count. If you're a stickler in that way, then put me down for Yellow Submarine, because I once had a toddler.

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  5. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I know the OP said widely available and all, but I had to say other and go with Let it Be. I have a boot of that movie, and I love it.

6. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Other.
    I don't watch any often but I've probably watched The Compleat Beatles the most. I also like The First U.S. Visit.
    I've never seen Anthology.

fr in sc likes this.
  7. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Help and Anthology. Although 1+ has been getting the most plays lately.

8. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I voted "Help!". Always loved the silly humor, and the chemistry between the four was at a peak.

xilef regnu likes this.
  9. Freewheelin

Freewheelin Forum Resident

Why is widely available in inverted comma's?

8 Beatles/beatles related threads on the first page. Is that a record? It's as though some people listen to nothing else, which is made all the more amazing given its been well over 40 years since their last album.

10. David-Shea

David-Shea Toastmaster General

Help! and Anthology. I usually watch Anthology in full once a year. I used to watch it in one 11 hour marathon, but now I watch one disc a day until the set is complete.

ted321, 905 and JamieC like this.
  11. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I voted Other for "Let It Be" which is widely available on Blu ray/DVD/VHS, if you look hard enough. Used to be Anthology.

Thought: I've never sat through Yellow Submarine... :shrug:

12. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

Remember when AHDN was generally thought of as being the 'better' film than H! ? I think that they are seen as at least on par now, even perhaps with H! being given the edge because of its slightly later time-period, outlandishness, and multiple locales.

13. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

That's probably not far from the truth around here. :p

drasil likes this.
  14. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

The Beatles - Live at Washington Coliseum, 1964 Full

Brilliant!

15. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

Both A HARD DAY'S NIGHT and HELP! are great for kids, as is YELLOW SUBMARINE. I wonder if, when ours grow up , they'll be able to sit through LET IT BE - I know I find it difficult. I bought the Criterion Blu-Ray release of A HARD DAY'S NIGHT because it's my favourite.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

You know, the original director's cut of Anthology is out there... just sayin'...

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

A Hard Day's Night- It's funny, very clean, and it has great songs. What's not to love? :)

O Don Piano and fr in sc like this.
  18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

We watch "Yellow Submarine" the most because my little girl likes it. However, I just introduced her to "Help!" a couple weeks ago. We've watched it twice so far. But I still think "Yellow Submarine" will remain the most watched in my household.

19. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Let It be does sort of the impossible: make the Beatles a wee bit boring

fr in sc likes this.
  20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I saw AHDN, Help and YS in the theater when they came out, and MMT at a midnight show during college. I've never rewatched any of them or seen the others at all so I've seen those four all the same number of times.

21. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Remember??? Since when has this opinion changed? AHDN is a cinematic masterpiece. Help! is a cute wacky film. I have never seen ANYONE think that Help! was better, until this post.

I voted "other" (for LIB), BTW.

fr in sc likes this.
  22. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

AHDN and The First U.S. Visit are the two I'd watch. The rest are ok, but LIB is downright depressing to me; watching it is like seeing a couple that you know who are going to file for divorce soon.

23. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

The Compleat Beatles. Certainly not as complete as Anthology and is missing their participation, but for explaining them I et two hours, it does the job.

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Yellow Submarine
    Hard Day's Night
    HELP!

in that order of most viewings, Yello Submarine was pure joy on the Cinema screen after the "Restored Frame-by-Frame" debut!

25. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

+1 on Wendy Winters!
    "Good morning Miss Winters, Miss Winters, Miss Winters....."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.