Music Direct - Promotions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

Currently, they have a 20% off vinyl promotion going, but prior to that it was 20% all music.

Anyone know their patterns for sales, in terns of time and type of sale?

2. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

You can sign up for their Soundbytes to get the latest news and information.

George P likes this.
  3. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

I picked up the AP Symphonic Dances and Counting Crows August and Everything After on their last 20% off sale. Money well spent. May have to wander over there later on tonight...

4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Every other week they are good for a 15% Off Music or Gear Sale and every 3-Day Weekend or holiday they are good for a 20% Off Sale.

I've not ordered much from them over the last couple years, though. Elusivedisc gets my business before anyone else.

George P likes this.
  5. AxiomAcoustics

AxiomAcoustics "The enemy is listening"

Elusive Disc is still offering 20% on everything until tomorrow, which is when the MD sale ends also. They seem to respond to each other's sales pretty quickly so I'd sign up for both newsletters as they usually have consecutive sales. I just blew the mortgage payment at ED today :sigh:

George P and toddrhodes like this.
  6. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I dropped some serious coin last week at elusive disc with their rare/out of print jazz LP selections - unfortunately, they weren't eligible for their sale20 coupon code. :cry:

I did qualify for free shipping, though...so...I got that goin' for me. :winkgrin:

dzhason and bruce2 like this.
  7. dcottrell6

dcottrell6 Forum Resident

Haven't ordered from them in a while as they don't take Paypal.
    Did get my MMF 5.1SE and a few other things from there. Good customer service and shipping.
    Soundstage Direct has pretty much the same sales.

8. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

Just bought one Stillpoint Apeture yesterday and Music Direct has been calling nonstop and I didn't recognize the number. Finally got an email to call them asap because I ordered a color for the panel with a three week wait. So I changed it to the black/walnut panel that was in stock so it could be overnighted. Wish the guy gave me some kind of discount, but no.

9. AxiomAcoustics

Nice, man some of those titles were just crazy expensive so I passed, especially considering that they did not qualify for the sale.

I always check each individual item to see if they say: "This item not eligible....." before ordering during a sale. Then try to save the non-discountable (sic) items for non sale times. For instance the AP LP's do not qualify. Or, sometimes I'll order the no discount items along with the sale items then average the total to make myself feel as though I've saved on everything! :laugh:

dzhason likes this.
  10. AxiomAcoustics

Are you sure? Their website sez: "PayPal accepted Worldwide"??? I'm not sure as I always pick up the phone and call....call me a Luddite but I still like talking to people when I can, especially with this type of product. Much more personal and (at least I feel like) it keeps businesses like this doing what they do.

11. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Elusive Disc does accept PayPal but Music Direct does not...

12. George P

Music Direct has a 20% off coupon in their most recent print catalog.

Coupon code is - PCBSAVE

Myke likes this.
  13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

MUSIC20

George P likes this.
  14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Looks like the code works on the new mono Dylan's too
    Expected that to be exempt

15. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Good deal, just got 2 REM MFSL records. Thanks!

George P likes this.
  16. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

For anyone putting in an order to MD, if you are a jazz fan I would be sure to have a look at the Black Lion releases. Although they are not eligible for the extra discount, they have a number of titles for 50% off. I picked up the Monk and Dexter Gordon issues a couple of weeks ago for $14.99 each while I was ordering some parts for my VPI. I have only spun the Gordon title so far, but it is flat, quiet, and is a great live set with excellent sonics. It might be worth adding a few to your order if you're placing one anyway!

17. George P

I didn't realize this until this past week, so I thought I would post it here - while all orders over $49 ship free, those under $99 are likely to ship media mail, while those over $99 can ship 2-day FedEx if you chose this at checkout.

18. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Nice, there's a miles Davis for 15$ too

19. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Awesome, just snagged 6 Miles LPs for a steal thanks to that code. :wiggle:

I love that I'll get these awesome albums on the best format possible and yet they are also basically investments the way they hold/grow their value. Much more enjoyable way of investing than buying stocks!

azjvm05 likes this.
  20. George P

Been awhile since their last 20% off on CDs. :waiting:

21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Very funny post:righton::cheers:

22. Satchidananda

Satchidananda Forum Resident

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could combine In Stock and Preorder items to get free shipping - and everything at 20% off. For $55 shipped I got the new War on Drugs 2LP, Alice Coltrane and Joe Henderson's The Elements LP, and a preorder of the Neil Young Hitchhiker LP.

azjvm05 likes this.
  23. George P

:waiting:

24. George P

Not sure why I didn't think to look until now, but Music Direct has a coupon on the August 2017 catalog that is still active: SUMMER20 for 20% off music orders over $99. And of course, orders over $99 ship expedited via FedEx in the USA!

25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Ouch! Ordered some titles 2 days ago.

Must resist the temptation to take another look! :)

George P likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.