Trailer Park Boys

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Spaceboy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Complier

Complier Senior Member

J Roc is out? I'll give the next season a shot but he is one of my favorite characters.

Lucy looks rough.

2. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Lucy split because the guy who plays Bubbs got arrested for beating up his girlfriend, I believe. Allegedly. At least, that's the last thing I had heard about it.

3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Love Is Understanding

Where did you find this out? I thought with actor Michael Jackson's bad feelings, that he'd never come back.

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Lucy announced she was leaving before the alleged incident .

Fun fact : DeCoutere is also a Captain in the Royal Canadian Air Force, presently based in Halifax.[3] Currently, she is a Training Development Officer.[4]

Personal life[edit]
    On April 1, 2016, Smith was arrested for suspicion of misdemeanor domestic battery at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, California after a verbal argument with a woman allegedly turned physical.[7] He was later released on $20,000 bail. Statements released from the Trailer Park Boys production team indicated that the incident was misreported and that the call to the police was made by persons who had not witnessed the event. The woman is described by Smith as a friend, and she issued a statement that "at no time did [she] feel in danger" and that the incident was "perceived as something other than what it was."[8]

5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

On April 21, 2016, it was announced that Jackson would reprise his role as Trevor in Trailer Park Boys beginning in season 11 of the popular series[citation needed]. His return was made possible by the departures of actress Lucy DeCoutere and actor Jonathan Torrens, with whom Jackson reportedly had creative differences during the first six seasons of the series.[citation needed]

6. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I seem to have a problem getting into this show anymore. I loved it the first go around; then, after the delay and when they got back together again and were doing it on Netflix, I just couldn't seem to care for it as much as I did before. Maybe it's because Phil Collins isn't on anymore!

7. George P

George P Notable Member

I think it's because the show's creator, Mike Clattenburg, is no longer involved. And I agree, the show is nowhere near as good as it was when he was at the helm, for the first seven seasons.

Silver Surfer and Andrew like this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

J. Roc was getting bit tired, though I did like the interactions with his son in season 10. Will be interesting to see if there is a conflict between Jacob and Trevor.

9. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Like many other things in my life i'm quite late to the party and have just discovered this series the past weekend as i was in hospital recovering from a surgery. I'm absolutley hooked, have watched thru season four as of today. Laughing so freaking hard i feel like my incision may burst open!
    What great characters!

Scope J, DreadPikathulhu and George P like this.
  10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

A bunch more stuff on Swearnet !

only $4.20 a month !

You're watching SwearNet.com ยป

11. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

12. George P

George P Notable Member

Bubbles and Gilmour? Deeeeeeeeeecent.

Scope J likes this.
  13. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I'm really late to this show but I love it. I'm streaming it on Netflix. I keep telling my friends about it here in the NY area but nobody knows about it.
    This is the funnest show I've seen in a long time. Love it.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

14. George P

George P Notable Member

The boys are in Europe! And the series is on Netflix. Anyone else watching this? It's pretty funny, and it looks like Stills and Nash will be on it!

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Yup! pretty fun .

George P likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

17. Ya know, I watched the first 3 episodes of Season 1 a few nights ago with my wife.

I don't know what it is about this show, but I found it uncomfortable. It's like, kind of funny, but really it seems sad.

If anybody has actually been to a trailer park and spent some time there, a lot of this show seems so real. I've never lived in one, and even though the show is exaggerated, some of the goings on there hit really close to a sad state of affairs with the drugs, and the cliques, and the tore up old cars, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Carlinist, so I can poke funny at anything, especially myself. Yet, it sucks to see anybody living like that. Heh. Whatever. Screw 'em!

18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Good season!

No Trevster though.

markaberrant and marblesmike like this.
  20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I think it might be the best season they've had since at least Season 6. Back to basics for sure with filming style, plot elements, etc. Very impressed, and wasn't expecting much after the lackluster Season 10.

markaberrant and Scope J like this.
  21. Complier

Complier Senior Member

"The Flight of the Bumblebee" was hilarious.

marblesmike and markaberrant like this.
  22. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I finished the 8 episode Europe series last night. I feel that is the weakest thing they have done thus far. One or two good laughs but felt it was very lacking.

markaberrant likes this.
  23. George P

George P Notable Member

Agreed.

I am hoping the latest series is a lot better.

24. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

It is.

Scope J and Complier like this.
  25. George P

George P Notable Member

Deeeeeecent.