Blade Runner 2049

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ponkine, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The trailer looks lousy. Lightweight.

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

This will explain Rachael's absence, I guess

3. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!! Such dazzling imagery throughout. Roger Deakins and his stunning cinematography never ceases to amaze! Apparently, he's been nominated for an Oscar 13 times and STILL no breakthrough?! That's criminal!!

Allow me to state for the record, that Blade Runner 2049 is now officially my 'Most Anticipated Movie' of 2017! In Denis We Trust.

Also, mad props to Jóhann Jóhannson's score too. His take on the classic Vangelis theme fuels my excitement for the movie furthermore. Just listening to that has me confident he'll compose an extraordinary score for Denis' Dune adaptation. :)

klockwerk, crispi and andybeau like this.
  4. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

The movie is going to be an 'R' rated feature, is it not?! Maybe we'll be treated to a Red Band Trailer in the foreseeable future... ;)

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  5. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Piffle. Lightweight is the rush of comic book films with paper thin characters whose only drama is fist fights.

Even without that current standard to draw a contrast from, this looks like a serious film. Lightweight my ****.

klockwerk and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  6. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Now they have my attention. Nice trailer, I hope the actual film lives up to the promise.

7. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Blade Runner + Alien in 2017.
    Ridley is back!!

8. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

He has like 7 or 8 films coming out this year (as producer or executive producer, mostly.) As director, Alien: Covenant is the only one.

9. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'm still not entirely convinced that this film needed to be made.

TheVU, Pinknik and Solaris like this.
  10. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

That's kinda where I'm at with this movie. The original Blade Runner is pretty much perfect and I don't even know what it would take to make a sequel great for me.

11. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

I don't care what Leonard Maltin said about Blade Runner, it was great and if this one's half as interesting, I'll enjoy it.

12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Alien Covenant is going to destroy everything. That special pre release feature is killer. Villenue has some ground to make up with me after "Arrival." Now talk about cartoony and flat. But cartoony and flat with faux gravitas.

13. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Arrival is the reason I'm excited about the possibilities of this new Blade Runner film, but I agree that the trailer looks lightweight. It also doesn't look very "noir" to me, not that that's necessarily a bad thing. But it does stand to reason that they'd continue that vibe from the first film. I'll wait and see.

FVDnz likes this.
  14. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

At least Hampton Fancher is writing the sequel and not some random person who would likely have dumbed it down further. Denis must have liked the story well enough to have taken the job directing so I will remain optimistic.

Ronnie Potchie likes this.
  15. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

And for all those who are interested in full quality trailers sans the YouTube compression. How I forgot about downloading Quicktime trailers from the Apple Store back in the day, but I'm not downloading from there either. So for all those who wish to watch 5.1 PCM versions, look no further. I'm even downloading The Last Jedi as I post this. :)

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) Trailers 1080p 5.1 Audio (PCM, DTS, AC3)

16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Who is in this movie? Does anyone know?

17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Ghostworld and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

19. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

That is so cool that Edward James Olmos is coming back, even if it's been reportedly a cameo-esque like role... :)

Karnak likes this.
  20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

And I've already given up on the Prometheus sequel being any good. It looks purely by-the-book. I just finished Prometheus for the second time. It is what it is.

But there was a nice zinger for the "things movies do wrong" threadin "Prometheus"

"Why is it in sci-fi films with futuristic medical technology that the shots always still hurt?"

andybeau likes this.
  21. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

The sequel (Fassbender in particular is excellent) is very good.

Ghostworld likes this.
  22. Drew

Drew Senior Member

It wasn't just Leonard Maltin. It was Siskel & Ebert too.

Remington Steele and Karnak like this.
  23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Did they happen to say it was dull and sluggish? Fun the first time for all the great visuals, but the story...

A friend of mine nailed the Bladerunner sequel: "Unfortunately, you can't replicate Rutger Hauer."

Juggsnelson likes this.
  24. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Anyone know if this is released on the same day in the UK?

25. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Blade Runner was widely panned upon release, with only a few critics coming down on the positive. Everyone complimented the art direction, but rightly criticized the script for having very little forward momentum. Over time, the film's impact on how we imagine the look of a dystopian future seeped into our cultural consciousness so much that it's been accepted as a classic. It's a pretty flawed film viewed in a conventional sense, but it's come out as one of those rare cases where style IS substance.

Ghostworld likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.