The LITTLE RICHARD Specialty hits SACD on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. You need this disk!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

You need this SACD in your collection: "Little Richard S/T & Here's Little Richard. MFSL UDSACD 2028. Mastered by Shawn Britton.

Out of print but I'm sure you can find a copy if you look. This is the best sounding version of his Specialty era stuff I've ever heard.

Now, I heard the original Specialty session tapes once for most of these songs so I know what this stuff should sound like. THIS is what this stuff should sound like. No fake echo added, just the natural, punchy, slightly distorted but dynamic sound of the original recordings.

For you who don't have SACD playback, I checked out the CD section for you as well. Correct mastering in every way, old school levels (I checked each song on my system including metering) and full bottom, natural top and mids. Just like it should be.

Try and get this, 24 songs, not a bad one on there. Most of the songs you've heard before, even if you don't recognize the titles. Check this one.

At any rate, you'll hear TUTTI FRUTTI, READY TEDDY, SLIPPIN' AND SLIDIN', LONG TALL SALLY, RIP IT UP, JENNY JENNY, SHE'S GOT IT, KEEP A KNOCKIN', KEEBIE JEEBIES, GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY, THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT, LUCILLE, etc., etc. in the best possible sound. Essential for your collection and education. This is really the birth of Rock & Roll.

Find this disk and crank it. I blasted TUTTI FRUTTI this morning and scared my dogs into barking like crazy. That's gotta mean something.

By the way, this wasn't a freebie to me, I bought this disk at Music Direct a few years ago. So glad I did.

Hereslittlerichard.jpg little richard lp.jpg

vonwegen, supermd, John22 and 52 others like this.
  2. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

NY public library had a copy of this

3. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Little Richard - Here's Little Richard / Little Richard

Been out of print for a good many years I think. It's a great disc and can still be found on eBay and Discogs for not too outrageous prices.

Cover Art

[​IMG]

Flipside Cover Art

[​IMG]

I think it's among the last discs MOFI did in SACD jewel cases (before switching to mini lps).

4. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

I've got it, it's great, it's what rock and roll is all about.

This is one of my favourite tracks...

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I purchased a copy a couple of years ago on this forum. Glad I did it!

It's a wonderful sounding SACD, and of course, a "Greatest Hits" on its own. Definitely a must have for any rock music fan

:edthumbs:

melstapler and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  6. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Bought this when it first came out, great disc. There is an error on mine, the track listing on the back does not list Lucille.

zen and melstapler like this.
  7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Got it when it was released. Hopefully prices are not too outrageous now for those still interested.

melstapler likes this.
  8. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

I bought this when it was released. Worth every penny.

And Lucille sounds even better on here than it does on my original tri-centre London American 45 rpm single!

goodiesguy and melstapler like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The only Little Richard I have, and have had it for several years now. Have to play it when I'm alone, as the family loathes it.

ted321, spinout66 and melstapler like this.
  10. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

When I got it I was able to compare it (as a listener) to a '50s 'Here's Little Richard' LP and it sounded as full to me. It's really nice when you find something done so right.

melstapler and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  11. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

This was fixed on later pressings

Al Kuenster likes this.
  12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

13. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

After some forum threads I revived this week, am glad I purchased the Ace UK singles comp for £3 which surely takes silver medal.

2xUeL and The Killer like this.
  14. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Have it and love it!

15. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Appreciate the recommendation, but going to stick with my Specialty Sessions box until a copy shows up at less than unobtanium prices. :shrug:

Imagine70 likes this.
  16. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Awesome disc:cheers:

melstapler likes this.
  17. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Thanks! I just got a copy from a Greek seller!

eelkiller likes this.
  18. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Got it. Little Richard is THE sound of rock n roll, more so than Elvis, Chuck, Jerry Lee....whoever you care to mention imo. Totally wild. I can also recommend the 6cd Specialty Sessions set which I think is on Ace. Ace by name, Ace by nature. The Russians have been in the news recently I believe but from a musical viewpoint, Sputnik 1 has a lot to answer for.

zebop and Mal like this.
  19. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I've got both of these (this is actually all of the Little Richard in my collection). The MFSL does sound better. It's too bad it's so expensive though. I was able to pick up a used copy for about $15 from my local record store a few years ago.

20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Picked the LP and the sacd hybrid up when they first came out. Good stuff. The high point for rock n roll was this period.

21. The only Little Richard release you need.

22. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

I've had this since it came out. Must admit I haven't given it a spin in quite some time. You just persuaded me to pull it off the shelf (once I can figure out if I filed it under "L" or "R").

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. Bill

Bill Senior Member

DNA of rock. And sounds great.

Aftermath likes this.
  24. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I have the s/t MoFi vinyl. Yes, it's excellent.

25. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

If I see this, I will pick it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.