Looking for record stores in Washington DC

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Chris Desjardin, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Even though I drive past there frequently on my way to work, I've never stopped! I guess I should rectify that!

2. Methodical

Methodical Forum Resident

Yes, check them out. They've been around and surviving for more than 20 years at this location. Let me know what you think.
    I've purchase a some albums from them (Miles, Grover, EWF, Minnie Ripperton just to name a few). They have a small record player that's not the best but you can listen to the record before you buy.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I only care about used CDs - do they have a decent selection of those?

4. Methodical

5. Methodical

I don't know how good/bad the prices are on their CDs as I've only purchased albums. I typically find used CDs at the thrift stores and sometimes Pawn shops (if the price is right). I recently found about 6 jazz CDs at a thrift store for about $1 each.

6. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

If you're looking for all kinds of music for a good price,then come to Maryland[Prince Georges County]and check out[Memory Lane Records]these guys have it all from[bebop-hip hop-jazz-soul-rock&roll-oldies-gospel-compilations-rap-go-go]and the prices are right too,they are the best in Maryland.

7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’ll be in DC on business in a couple of weeks and don’t know my way too well. Are there any good shops within walking distance of the Marriott Marquis?

8. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Som Records, Red Onion Records. Long walks by DC standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.