Mountain Monsters: Real, embellished, or fake?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vinyl Socks, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Last night was crazy. I love it!

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  2. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

They yell out while looking for Jeff, all the time walking on tons of leaf litter, but make no sound when sneaking up to steal the walkie. Surprisingly, the other rogue team doesn't have night vision or thermal equipment? The AIMS team can see the rogue team's headlamps, but the rogue team can't see theirs? Why wouldn't the forest woman stalk the camera man instead of Buck when he was mesmerized in the earlier episode? There's a predator-like creature, complete with light distortion camouflage as described by Huckleberry, in the Dark Forest? :confused:
    Still, enjoying the show. :D

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  3. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver Thread Starter

I think Huckleberry has been smoking too much of his own crops ;)

4. Vinyl Socks

5. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

My wife and I do a fun game where we watch these shows (also the "Squatch" tracking genre) and we sorta pretend that we are both little kids, arguing back and forth over whether it's real, in a scenario where I believe it is real and she doesn't. I say things like "oh, wow! Cool!" and "Look at that!" and then she acts like a slightly older kid, she points out all the flaws and/or says that it's stupid, it's for babies, it isn't real, just like a real older kid would. It's fun. Other times I will take on the persona of an "expert" and I will argue the side of the monster or creature being real, while she tries to trip me up with "interview" questions, and we go back and forth like a supplement to the show. It's really really fun. Almost like a Mystery Science Theater or Beavis and Butthead type thing, where our talking and heckling during the show is actually the real entertainment.

jriems, Borgia and Vinyl Socks like this.
  6. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I don't know why I thought of this, but it would be funny if the cast of Mountain Monsters was sent to Oak Island to search for the "treasure", and the Lagina bros went to WV to search for "monsters".

ssmith3046 and Vinyl Socks like this.
  7. Vinyl Socks

THAT would be epic!

8. Vinyl Socks

With all due respect to Buck, I have a feeling they'd try to send him down in the Money Pit or some other tight crevice...'cause Trapper told him to and gave him a pep talk before-hand.
    [​IMG]

9. This poll shows some real consistency of opinion...a nice change from the usual poll results at SHF.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  10. Borgia

Yeah, I could see Buck getting stuck in 10X, a giant crane straining to hoist him out...

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  11. Deezas7er

Deezas7er New Member

:wave:
    I loved the ghost reality shows but Zac and Nic Geoff now carry on that they 'sense' spirits and 'feel' things as if they are actual 'mediums!'. Ghosts of Sheperdstown & Nick Hroff is in one where he stays 3 nights looked promising but like ghost adventures they waste time interviewing people etc. they spend over half the show doing everything but actual ghost hunting. I don't get that after all these years, they get a response on the spirit box and freak out and carry on, instead of asking more questions. Also they haven't learnt to give more time n be silent between each question! Funny now that Zac only encounters demons and I'm so sick of the new equipment that isn't exciting for the viewers! I get so annoyed that Nik n Zac both still do it, they get responses, carry on did you hear that?! Ummm... yes, so shut up n keep asking questions but no, they decide to change rooms or equipment?! Really disappointing! Found better reality paranormal shows on you tube! Four man is one group that helps people. Very realistic n believable. Ghost adventures used to debunk noises but lately Zac and Nik in his show, both forget about rodents etc that could be making noises! :-popcorn: As for MM, I can't believe people wondered if it is fake! If it's real they are the luckiest bastards on earth n should buy lottery tickets as there are people devoting their lives to finding Bigfoot, and these guys find him or similar creatures each week!! I love the enthusiasm n the effort in trap making but Big Foot would be too smart for these traps, if he did come across one... I think the guys are for real but the producers put blanks in the guns and dress up n make the prints on ground n the throwing of stuff etc!! I like their sincerity though!!:love: :righton:

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  12. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I hate that I know enough of these shows to correct you. And I don't mean to split hairs... but the show Nick Groff does where he gets locked in a haunted location for three days (with Katrina Wiedman) is Paranormal Lockdown. Ghosts of Sheperdstown is a whole other show with NG.

Yeah... now I feel shame

Lownote30 likes this.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

So they pull a skull out of Jeff's nose, and Buck gets in the truck with the skull man. I can't wait until next season!

Borgia and Vinyl Socks like this.
  14. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Maybe if they search for the elusive pot growers of Kentucky everybody's expectations for this show would be met.

How many freaking Mountain Monsters are there?

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  15. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

My kids and I do that with Scooby Doo.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  16. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Yes, they might as well change the name to Demon Adventures because that's all they run across anymore.

The other thing that's always bugged me about these paranormal shows - the constant use of foreboding music. Every five minutes someone says, "Did you hear that?" but no, paranormal investigator I can't hear anything with that crappy music playing. Why reality shows in the US feel the need to constantly play music to ramp up the energy in such an exaggerated manner is beyond me. Shows in the UK aren't like that. Its like they think we all have ADD or we're just too stupid to recognize fake manipulation when we see or hear it.

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  17. 0

18. Vinyl Socks

Yeah, this season that just ended was enough for me.
    If there's any chance that Bigfoot exists, this show makes a complete mockery of genuine efforts to photograph one of them. And these adult men have the audacity to present themselves as being genuine country boys who wouldn't talk any BS.
    The whole show is BS.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  19. Borgia

Whataya bet skull man is Trapper? He's playing some 3-D chess mind game with both his AIM cohorts & the rogue team.

Holy Diver likes this.
  20. Vinyl Socks

That doesn't explain the Rogue Team, or who they really are...interesting theory, though.

Holy Diver likes this.
  21. Juninho

Juninho New Member

I have been watching this since day 1. Off course it’s fake, but we know that don’t we? It’s “entertainment”. Huckleberry looks like an extra fron Scooby Doo, Buck has eaten far too many burgers and I fo believe Trapper has something to do with the whole Skull stuff. Love it though Ha Ha.

Vinyl Socks and Borgia like this.
  22. Borgia

I had to look at their website. The new season starts Saturday April 8th.
    Set yer DVR's.
    This quote was on the webpage, I'll bet Jeff or Buck found this...

The supreme paradox of all thought is the attempt to discover something that thought cannot think.
    ~ Soren Kierkegaard (1813 - 1855)

Vinyl Socks and Holy Diver like this.
  23. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Cool! I'm there!

Vinyl Socks likes this.
  24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I perch my trusty black & white in the back of my pickup, crack a Dr. Pepper, and love this show! Not

25. Digital meth

Digital meth Member

This os one of those shows that i can only watch after Dvr'ing it... its entertaining.
    Yes the "creatures" they search for are real.or atleast some have real legends about the mentioned creatures.. The show is about is true as russian fixing the election.. The show is entertaining but we all have some shows that we can only bear to watch if we don't have to suffer through commercials and to me that's what the show is

Borgia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.