Yes!? NO! - The all purpose Yes arguing and complaining thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Harvest Your Thoughts, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

What DVD has the 'Sounding Out' doc?

Thanks

Scott

2. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Maybe the Plangent Process might be able to help improve the sound of the Yessongs master?

3. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Well, maybe it should be remixed.

4. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Scottb likes this.
  5. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident

Honestly I think they should go the rout eof some artists and work out deals to professionally remaster and officially release some bootlegs from tours like the Relayer tour, 1976 tour, and Fragile tour mainly. Hopefully I'm not going too far into forum taboo here but an official bootleg series of Yes concerts would be great, considering their best tours are ones thta are dreadfully unrepresented imo.

jay.dee and JimW like this.
  6. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Ain't that the sad truth!

Great idea. I've never really been into bootlegs, but I'd be up for some shows from the tours you mentioned. It's not like either Yessongs or Progeny is stellar is the sound dept. It's about the performances.

AidanB likes this.
  7. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I bought a "Manticore Vaults" compilation of Emerson Lake & Palmer bootlegs, remastered for official release, and it sounded dreadful, like someone smuggled the microphone in a very private place and was unable to extract it before the band started playing. If that sort of thing is all that exists from, say, the 1976 tour, then I can understand the band's reluctance to release it.

There is a complete show from the Relayer tour available to stream (for paid subscribers) at Wolfgang's Concert Vault I don't know what legal hoops need to be jumped through to secure a commercial release.

AidanB likes this.
  8. AidanB

AidanB Forum Resident

I've heard a good sounding show from the 1976 tour. It actually happened to be the show they used for the recording of Ritual found on Yesshows, but that's already been released I think in its entirety on Yesshows/The Word is Live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.