Sgt. Pepper deluxe warehouse deal on Amazon ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by abbeyrdsteve, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbeyrdsteve

abbeyrdsteve Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Been much cheaper

The Beave likes this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

How is this a good deal? I'm waiting for to be 50 bucks

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Sarcasm? Six discs with hi-rez and lots of extras.

5. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I don't think it's sarcasm. All Beatles deluxe stuff eventually drops significantly in prices, bit it may take a year. I just got 1+ for $27, it was in the $40-50 range since it came out, only dropping lower this April. The mono vinyl boxes had sales at various sites for under $200. The magical mystery tour deluxe dropped from $80 to under $30 a few times. Those old Help super boxes that could be had for $15 after retailing for $100.

I'm not waiting for $50, but under $80 and I'll do it. Meantime the vinyl sounds great and came with the 2cd autorip, and I already have pepper on mono ripped from the cd box and the vinyl.

So for me, $115 is steep for the posters (nice but not a deal breaker for me) book, another cd worth of outtakes and the blu ray, and a redundant DVD I won't use (but I get why it's there). Drop the price to $80 or so and I'm in. I really want to see the book!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    SamS, Davidmk5, azjvm05 and 2 others like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

No I firmly believe it will be somewhere near that price someday. Let's look at the Help & magical mystery tour deluxe edition's. I bought the mono CD box for under $40 brand-new, and it was legit.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Fair enough. Here's hoping it works out for both of you. I, on the other hand, took a different approach -- the Japanese version.

mdm08033, mongo and Davidmk5 like this.
  8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

$116 "warehouse" isn't a good deal in any case. Amazon has it new for $118!

FWIW, it's $106 "warehouse" right now...

mrjinks and Davidmk5 like this.
  9. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Sgt Pepper threads:

>Content and Song Listing
    >Pricing and Shipping
    >Complaints
    >That's NOT a Deal !!! :(

10. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

And people wonder why these type of releases are limited or don't happen more often.

Next up... "why record companies are killing vinyl revival by asking for $30.00 for a new release?"

11. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

To the original poster: thanks for sharing the info with us. Everybody else is too busy arguing. Nobody is forcing them to pay this price but someone might be interested.

12. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

You can Like the OP's post, too.

13. aoxomoxoa

When comparing this set to what has been released by other groups like The Beach Boys & Jethro Tull, it is grossly overpriced. However I am very satisfied with the 2 CD version I paid $16 for. Now THAT is a bargain.
    In my opinion this set should have retailed in the $80 range. The price will fall. I assure you it will, and when it does I will buy it then.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  14. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

picked up a sealed box for $75 from Amazon Warehouse

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

OK, rolled the dice on a $52.51 copy from Amazon with "damage on case". If it's too much to stomach, I'll just return it. But if it isn't bad, I can live with that price.

aoxomoxoa, lightbulb and Oatsdad like this.
  16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Very nice on both accounts! I forget what I paid for mine a few months back, but I don't think it was as cheap as those copies! :righton:

17. aoxomoxoa

These things are a crap shoot but good luck! I hope to score one for $50 soon

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Got my $52.51 "Good" condition box from Warehouse Deals.

Actual condition: Slipcase has a few minor abrasions, probably VG+. The inner box is as-new mint. The contents are all still sealed (LP sized enclosure for discs and book) or mint (posters).

A winner.

19. aoxomoxoa

See! I told you they would be $50 eventually!!

20. Amazon warehouse is pretty much a crapshoot when it comes to listed condition. Some items listed as very good literally come in unusable condition, while some "good" items arrive in virtually mint condition. The only nice thing is that they don't put up a fuss if you return it over an incorrectly listed condition.

googlymoogly and superstar19 like this.
  21. japes

japes Senior Member

I ordered a Factory Sealed one for $76. It arrived today in flawless condition. Very well-packaged.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.