10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Santana Lotus, Japanese 3SACD, about $64 + shipping

lightbulb likes this.
  2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Oh no.......I just dropped about $225USD on the recent 20% Off Sale and now this.
    Must......resist......

3. Electric

Expecting 19 CD/SACDs tomorrow with another 11 on b/o or pre-order.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Ordered King Crimson's Starless box for about $114. They have't shipped it yet.

Mr. H likes this.
  5. Electric

Arrived today. Shipped yesterday from Kentucky.

6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

That's absurd, in a good way
    I'm jealous :)

Electric likes this.
  7. Electric

BTW, sale ends today at 5 PM CST.

8. Electric

I ordered 51 CD/SACDs. Only 1 cancelled so far.

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I don't feel as guilty now. :cool:

10. Electric

OK, how many did you order?

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Three items (2 SACD, 1 SACD box) but my order list at other places is substantial.

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

LOL.
    That quantity would have wiped out my entire wishlist.
    How long long will it take you to listen to them all?

13. Electric

Not long. I listen to music all day, every day.

harmonica98 likes this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm venting, mostly because this is kind of amusing...and in no way the fault of importCDs...

I dropped a couple orders in the recent importCDs/eBay 15% off $45+ sale. The first of which should have been delivered last Saturday, or perhaps yesterday at the latest. But check out this tracking below. My little package made it to a facility near Los Angeles at which time it should have made the short hop into Orange County. Instead, it is now sitting somewhere in WASHINGTON STATE!

Luckily I'm patient. I know others have mentioned the relatively low cost to upgrade from Media to Priority Mail when ordering direct but I don't recall seeing that option when placing an order through eBay.

Arrived at USPS Facility
    2017-06-25, 05:58:00, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003

Departed USPS Destination Facility
    2017-06-23, 13:27:00, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
    2017-06-22, 03:42:00, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201

Departed USPS Facility
    2017-06-17, 18:35:00, WARRENDALE, PA 15095

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    2017-06-17, 06:38:00, WARRENDALE, PA 15095

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    2017-06-17, 05:23:00, SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY 40165

15. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Media Mail is the worst. I ordered something from someone I didn't even realize was 17 miles away from me in Northern Virginia. The package went to North Carolina before coming to me almost a week after it was mailed.

16. kokishin

kokishin Forum Resident

Media Mail routing is bizarre. I live in Silicon Valley. I ordered a SACD via MM from an individual in San Francisco which is ~50 minute drive from where I live. The bozos at USPS routed it to Southern California and then up to a facility north of San Francisco and then finally to my home. It took six days to reach me. Wouldn't surprised me if Jeff Bezos buys USPS and turns it into a real, profit making business.

Opeth likes this.
  17. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I bought a record from a dude north of me in NH, I am in southern NH, probably 90 minutes away. Media mail sent it to a town 45 minutes from me then to Jersey City NJ... then back to that town and finally to me... Pretty awesome stuff.

18. bamboozlednow

bamboozlednow Well-Known Member

media mail is definitely the worst. but i've had packages mailed other methods, even priority, go all over the place, completely out of their way in the exact opposite direction of me. with priority they usually catch their mistake faster though it seems. with media mail they have zero sense or urgency. there are some black hole USPS sorting/distribution centers that are the the main culprits of the problems, like Jersey City, NJ and Bell Gardens, CA, and to a lesser extent Warrendale, PA.

email and online payments of bills definitely cut into USPS profits, but if they would just do their job right the first time they would stop hemorrhaging money. no excuse for a package delivered to the east coast or west coast shipped from say like Chicago, to go to California or New York.

19. Electric

I recently bought a CD through the classifieds here from someone in Seattle, a 3 hour drive from here. I tracked the package which was routed through the L.A. depot and then international up to me. I think that's the problem, where everything gets routed to a depot that further away from us than from where the package originates. I guess that's just the way they do it. Source => Designated depot => Destination. Takes forever sometimes. :realmad:

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I didn't want to start a rip session on USPS. I remain amazed that all of my stuff gets to me, and most of it arrives rather quickly.

For what it's worth, my little package that took a vacation to Washington state got here today. Seems that once it began the journey back to Cali, it was treated like Priority Mail. Got me an eclectic mix of Pugwash, Duckworth Lewis Method, Bill Nelson & Allman Brothers.

21. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I just dropped in to see about the thread title discount code.

Instead I found lots of complaining about Media Mail. It's a bit like the complaining I read about your 'Gas' prices....................

Not even going to riff on it except to say "perspective guys; perspective".

marcb and GentleSenator like this.
  22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I guess I started the tangent but you have to admit the tracking history was kind of amusing. I'm not down on USPS. Instead, I find it ironic that an entity which is hemorrhaging money has the means to grant these little side trips to their packages. At the end of the day, my purchase made it to me safely and that is pretty much what matters.

jamesc, superstar19 and Mr. H like this.
  23. Electric

On my two recent orders with ImportCDs they used DHL and the packages got to me in 1 day. That's pretty good.

24. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Sorry too for getting off topic. My last post regaring this will say that their other postage options are amazing and I love using USPS for First Class or Priority. USPS does great work, but media mail is just silly. :thumbsup:

SJP and azjvm05 like this.
  25. I ship items by USPS Media Mail often, I expect it to be a couple of days slower and it has worked great for me the couple of decades I have used it. Of course items do get misrouted sometimes, mistakes are made. As far as USPS Priority Mail, I only use it if I have to, it is usually too expensive and mistakes are made as frequently in my experience but the delays are not as great. My last package received using Priority Mail:

Updated Delivery Day: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 Updated Delivery Day is the latest information on when the Postal Service™ expects to deliver your package.
    Product & Tracking Information
    See Available Actions
    Postal Product: Priority Mail™ Features: USPS Tracking®
    Up to $100 insurance included Restrictions Apply

To qualify for included insurance, a shipment must meet certain requirements, such as having an applicable bar code. For details, visit https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm.

Insurance does not cover certain items. For details regarding claim exclusions, see sections:

609.4.3 (Non-payable Claims),
    609 (Filing Indemnity Claims for Loss or Damage), and
    503.4 (Insured Mail)

of the Domestic Mail Manual at http://pe.usps.com.

Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 4:12 pm on July 5, 2017 in LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212.

Tracking History
    Date & Time Status of Item Location
    July 5, 2017, 4:12 pm Delivered, Front Door/Porch LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 4:12 pm on July 5, 2017 in LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212.
    July 5, 2017, 9:31 am Out for Delivery LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    July 5, 2017, 9:21 am Sorting Complete LITTLE ROCK, AR 72212
    July 5, 2017, 6:18 am Arrived at Post Office LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211
    July 3, 2017, 8:26 am Departed USPS Facility CAMDEN, AR 71701
    July 3, 2017, 7:55 am Arrived at USPS Facility CAMDEN, AR 71701
    July 3, 2017, 3:06 am Arrived at USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211
    July 2, 2017, 4:47 am Arrived at USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
    July 2, 2017, 2:15 am Departed USPS Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206
    July 1, 2017, 10:19 pm Arrived at USPS Destination Facility LITTLE ROCK, AR 72206
    June 30, 2017, 8:57 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility METRO, NY
    June 30, 2017, 7:42 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility COMMACK, NY 11725
    June 30, 2017, 3:26 pm Item Accepted/Picked Up for Initial Processing COMMACK, NY 11725
    June 30, 2017, 1:14 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item COMMACK, NY 11725
    June 30, 2017 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

That was hardly worth the premium paid.

black sheriff likes this.