Dire Straits MFSL - 45rpm + SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joey_Corleone, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

I ordered the lot of them in January from musicdirect. Not a word...

2. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Has anyone tried sending an email to Music Direct? They have responded to such inquiries before.

3. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Yes, back in April. This is the polite but not super-informative response I got:

I apologize for the confusion regarding the availability of your order. The provided availability status provided for these pre-ordered titles is “To Be Announced”.

Therefore, we are waiting on the label to announce a release date. Please note that you have not yet been charged for this item and will not be until it ships from our warehouse. Thank you for your patience.

4. Krzych

Krzych The one who listens

Just got this from Amazon. Product description still says "45RPM 2LP Set", but the title is "Limited Edition Vinyl | LP (12" album, 33 rpm)"... To be released on December 31, 2017.

[​IMG]

Lucidae likes this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amazon descriptions mean less than nothing. :laugh:

The_Windmill likes this.
  6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

December 31!! Well that is not very soon.

7. DPM

DPM Senior Member

But what a way to start 2018. Think positive, Tullman. :righton:

pfausto and Linger63 like this.
  8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yep, and my Blu ray of Chicago's Now More Than Ever has had no less than three release dates, per Amazon. :laugh:

9. NiceMrMustard

NiceMrMustard Forum Resident

Pre-Ordering almost a year before the SACD is released seems ludicrous. And like a money grab. Acoustic Sounds has my order marked "back ordered."

10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Why is it a money grab? I preordered the Dire Straits MOFI SACDs when first announced. My card won't be charged till they ship. No problems here!

11. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Money grab may not be the right word but agree it is ludicrous. This thread was started almost exactly a year ago. That should not be a typical pre-order period imo. Poor customer service because it creates uncertainty. I am interested in these Dire Straits MFSL titles but have picked up other versions in the meantime. Will probably only get Communique when they finally come out in 2018, I hope.

12. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I am not too crazy about MFSL's policy of announcing titles literally years in advance. I do understand there a process to getting everyone on board and then the actual mastering and production of the titles.

For the most part, MFSL has come through. I don't bother pre-ordering these types of titles because they seem to have plenty at the time of release. The one step titles are a different story, and I do pre-order those.

Musicisthebest and Dan Steele like this.
  13. Claus

Claus Senior Member

It's crazy, because something can happen within one year. AP and MFSL should not announce titles one year or longer in advance IMO.

Tullman and Dan Steele like this.
  14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

In my case, I pre-ordered them all during a 20% off sale and saved a lot. I’m glad I did because the recent trend on a lot of these premium releases by MoFi, AP and Intervention is “not eligible for further discount”.

eelkiller, Bill Mac and Tullman like this.
  15. MOON

MOON Forum Resident

I asked music direct this week when I put in my order for the botr 1 step when the Dire Straits 45rpm vinyl was coming out and also breakfast in America vinyl. The response was they have no idea when they are coming out.

So, they are not coming out in the near future.

Cassius likes this.
  16. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

So, we won't be getting Dire Straits SACDs this year

:shake:

17. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

2018 is another year. Who Knows . I Will not wait and buy other great releases.
    When the dire Straits albums from MFSL are avaiIable I buy them.

18. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Probably late spring or early summer 2018. they will announce the next batch in January. Release date 2020.....

19. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

Wait and .......

20. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

The Lps are now supposed to be scheduled for end of this year / start of next year according to some listings. Assuming release over Xmas is unlikely I am taking this with a pinch of salt.

21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I did this as well. I preordered all four Dire Straits MOFI SACDs specifically to take advantage of the 20% sale which included free shipping. I can understand the frustration with the delay of the DS MOFI SACDs being released. But my thoughts are they'll be released eventually and have plenty of music to listen till that happens :).

Tullman, DPC, sonofjim and 2 others like this.
  22. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Very cool! I did not know that MoFi was going to release any more DS on SACD.

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It is going to be a terrible holiday season. :mudscrying:

If the listings are not Music Direct then you need more than a pinch.

24. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

:-(

25. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I love the 45rpm MFSL version of Brothers in Arms. I'm in for the 45rpm versions of the other titles. I already have a Japanese SHM SACD and a few nice vinyl versions (including a promo on Quiex vinyl) of Love Over Gold. Could be a very interesting shootout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.