Music videos, movies and TV shows that my kids are in!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

My kids have been in five great music videos in the past three months. The Coldplay one is supposed to be fantastic but hasn't hit yet. This one just hit.

She is in this nicely filmed (but not for kids) Theory Of A Deadman video (she's near the end, it's hard to miss her, 7 year old blonde girl covering up her doped out daddy with a blanket and watching over him.) She has several sensational closeups.. Weird that I can't show it to her..

Music video directors love my kids because they take direction well and are easy to be around. It's great for me if they have fun. Learning about the biz..

2. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Do they do them for resume building, exposure?
    I know nothing of the video world

3. Steve Hoffman

My kids are actors. Their agent gets them work, they get paid, have fun on camera and all is well. Better than sitting around over the summer playing video games. They can sit around the set and play video games. Heh.

Kids that photograph well, know their lines and are polite and cooperative on set. Not easy to come by and word spreads. The companies are calling us instead of the other way 'round.

Look for Disney's soon to be released live-action "MAGIC CAMP" written by Steve Martin. My 10 year old is in it!

SAG /AFTRA, baby!

4. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

That's great!
    Nice to see professional music video's are still being done and financed, I've come across way to many God-awful lyric one's done in the last few years
    (Could be the music I seem to favor however) :laugh:

5. Steve Hoffman

There is one music video that is going to hit soon where they had my 10 year lifted up off a piano on a wire into the air. Was amazing to watch.

So, I think that these music videos are all hitting soon:

URBAN CONE, COLDPLAY, DEX ELLIOT, SHAUN FRANK & DELANEY JANE and this one.

In the Coldplay video my daughter is an immigrant getting off the boat at Ellis Island. In the Urban Cone video she's dancing in a black wig and goofy glasses. The Shaun Frank/Delaney Jane video, my boy is playing Shaun's younger self.

6. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Steve, with your young actors and "the song sleuth" (is he an actor as well?), your creativity flows through your family. You have every reason to be proud of them.

7. Steve Hoffman

Yeah, my "Song Sleuth" is now SAG! He's now 10 and in demand, surprising me but I'm getting used to it. Even my 13 year old has been hired. Today he's filming a toy commercial on a sound stage in Burbank. I hung around for a while and had lunch with them. He's a pro as well!

All three of the kids have Coogan's, all papers and are always in demand, movies, TV, commercials, modeling, videos, public service announcements, etc. It's amazing how much they have worked this year.

Here is my daughter, she's 7. My little "Song Sleuth" (now he's 10) is in the bottom pic on set. olivia 1.jpg olivia 2.jpg olivia 3.jpg

8. qwerty

Good looking kids Steve.

I live in a far-off land, where the English is slightly different. Could someone please translate "SAG" and "Coogan" for me; I tried a Google search brought up lots of irrelevant stuff.

9. Steve Hoffman

@qwerty, in California, children under 18 years of age must have some of their wages deposited in a special bank account called a Coogan Account. This is so the parents can't steal the money. Little Jackie Coogan (Charlie Chaplin's "THE KID" 1921) had all his earnings spent by his father, Jackie got nothing (later he played Uncle Fester on The Addams Family). A law was inacted to prevent this from happening to others. I think it's 1/2 of the wages are in the bank until 18. Parents cannot touch it. All of our kids have Coogan Accounts, the studios won't hire children unless they do. Very strict about that.

SAG/AFTRA: Screen Actor's Guild/American Federation of Television & Radio Artists. In other words, the union for actors, etc. An honor, hard to get in to.

10. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

That was great Mr. Hoffman. Thanks for sharing it and we'll all be seeing the Coldplay video at least in the future when it gets 10's or 100's of millions of views. I had seen Theory of a Deadman at the Best Buy Theater at Times Square in 2015 and they're a cool group- no problems or anything too crazy. Glad you're daughter appeared in their video! I don't know the other artists you listed too well except for Shaun Frank but I'll take a look at those too when they're released.

11. qwerty

Thanks Steve, I thought it might link to Jackie in some way. It seems like a good law.

I worked every school break when I was a kid, and my mother would put all my money in the bank so I wouldn't "waste it on records", so I could only get four LPs a year. It did help me pay my way through art school (rubbing shoulders with Nick Cave in a Psych unit, which is a story in itself). And I think I may have overcompensated for the record deprivation of my youth.

12. Steve Hoffman

I think we all did!

MikaelaArsenault and qwerty like this.
  13. Steve Hoffman

You'll find out when I find out.. Thanks..

MikaelaArsenault and WilliamWes like this.
  14. Steve Hoffman

daniel olivia cuties.jpg Here's my number 2 son with Shaun Frank on set for his new video of his song Upsidedown. My poor kid was hanging from a wire most of the day but thanks to this, he is now a SAG/AFTRA union member! daniel and shaun frank.jpg

15. Josue

Josue New Member

That's great. Congrats. Thanks for sharing. I like the video. You can share your kids videos on Daily Urbano.

16. Steve Hoffman

My daughter filmed some creepy movie last month. Here is a trailer. She's cute but the story is dark.

17. Steve Hoffman

It is a good law but I think it's not 1/2 but more like 1/4 or something that they hold back until 18. At any rate, it's better than nothing. Too many child stars end up with nothing thanks to crazy-butt parental lavish spending.

18. qwerty

My instincts tell me that your kids don't have to worry about having "crazy-butt" parents!

I have been curious about young children (like your daughter) who appear in scary movies that would be unsuitable for them to watch until they are much older. How are they emotionally protected from the violence/horror/etc. affecting them when they are required to act in those scenes?

19. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Poor kids!! Imagine inflicting Coldplay on them!:D

Joking aside...great opportunity.

20. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

Cute kids! They have star quality. I bet they are having lots of fun being part of the music biz. Just like Dad.

21. Steve Hoffman

A valid question. She is just 7 but she has a 10 year and a 14 year old brother. She's "seasoned" a bit, like a real trouper. She doesn't get freaked out. Knows the difference between play acting and the real thing. She's fine. If I detected any weirdness I would stop her career immediately. I heard Harvey Weinstein was after her though...

22. Spruce

Spruce Forum Resident

Here is just one of a number of videos my daughter has appeared in. She is a classically trained ballet dancer.

23. Steve Hoffman

For reasons beyond me (non-disclosure agreement) my kid is a young Frankenstein on an upcoming section of Sarah Silverman’s new show “I Love America.” Now that he is SAG he gets to act in fun stuff!

michael on I love the USA.jpg

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

WOW! Steve that's fabulous....proud Papa indeed...

25. Steve Hoffman

Bemused, mostly. I don't like it when they miss school, even though they have intense classroom work on set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.