New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

title & album sound too spiritual....nearly like an april fool gag...
    Mercy, Universe, Beyond..... only thing is missing is a dark tunnel with light in the end

2. Polleke

Polleke Forum Resident

You might still be right.. "When Pigs Fly in the Universe and Beyond" sounds plausible

Paulwalrus likes this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Cover Art:

[​IMG] Ooops. Already done... ;)

4. Polleke

Polleke Forum Resident

Monday will be a week after.. Paul's 'your week video'

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  5. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Well, I don't mind if the album is no longer due this year. But I think, as many have commented, that the lack of any news is a bit of a let down. When Greg Kurstin was announced as his producer (and new contract with Capitol signed), we were all led to believe that the album was going to be out later this year. There's no news regarding anything: positive or negative.

6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I hear murmors that album may not even be done yet but inside news around these things are generally tight. Especially in the Macca camp

7. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

I remember....Verona 2013...Concert was around mid June. We were all in a dark info/news bubble then. The day prior the show I was asking someone in the inner Macca Camp when the album would be released. He said, very soon! Well, he was right.
    As far as I remember one fan was sitting next to a Macca/MPL team member during a recent flight in US and this person said October....But of course..... Macca Wings is a Wizard ;) I believe him.

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yes, Stefan my friend sat next to a crew person and they said they thought October. But everything tangible I have seen or heard does not support it

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

All part of the Incomprehensible, I mean Comprehensive, Plan ... ;)

10. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

It's a new live album with the single being an original recorded during a soundcheck. The album will be accompanied by a DVD full of voiceovers from the usual suspects. Depp. Baldwin. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  11. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

@maccawings did not know it was you telling the story.... I picked it up in a chat somewhere....

12. Steffen72

Steffen72 Forum Resident

It will be an unplugged album including 12 diff versions of Bip bop, we all stand together.....all produced by macca alone.... sitting on a meadow....

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It's ok, at that time it was the only reference to time frame

14. Claudio Dirani

that was meant to be a joke? Just curious.

15. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Yes, but it really is my greatest fear that the next product from Sir Paul will in fact be a new live album instead of a studio album or even Archive Collection release.

16. Claudio Dirani

I'm fine about an archive release, but I'd say no for the live album.

JDeanB and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  17. I wouldn't mind a new Fireman album. Perhaps that's what he has up his sleeves for this year?

18. Claudio Dirani

It would be cool. Electric Arguments came out of the blue, quite low profile.

19. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Thrillington and gaels7592 like this.
  20. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I seem to recall murmurs (on the Maccaboards) of a new Fireman project months before it came out. Which all proved true when, sometime before summer, Lifelong Passion was announced as a special charity download. And then, I think there were hints that the album would come out on the Autumnal Equinox, but it wound up getting pushed back to November.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  21. Bushy Tushy Jelly Jam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  22. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Interesting news leaking. Still doubt that video Paul posted on Monday is in any correlation (Unless he's got a song that references everyday of the week on the new album) although last time we got audio clues, Pure McCartney was announced...

23. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

No, McCartney reworked that title recently and even hinted at that song:
    It's now titled "Trumpy Dumpy Jelly Jam"...

24. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

the post on Wikipedia can look like a fake as anyone can modify wikipedia and as there are nothing about the new album but I've check few things and the guy who wrote down this is someone that is on wikipedia for 9 years and he seems to really active since 2011 on wikipedia, here the proof: wikiscan.org/?menu=userstats&user=Poirier2000
    must of his recent contribution are about Beatles or Beatles solo: Liste des contributions de l’utilisateur Poirier2000 — Wikipédia

So I don't really think you wait 6 years to a prank, but it strange that this guy know this...

Paulwalrus likes this.
  25. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.