New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

Lady Madonna part deux.

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  2. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I have fond memories of ‘New’ (single) dropping at midnight back in ‘13, that IIRC took many by surprise. The build up to that album was enjoyable. Especially the Twitter words. Social media was ablaze when Macca’s twitter account tweeted things like ‘potato’.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  3. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

I don't wanna mean anything, but we're very very near from page 100 :D

4. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

An unsourced WikiPedia edit as straw-clutch for a release announcement... I've seen it all now.

5. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

According to Paul McCartney's french Wikipedia article, Bip Bop has been a number one hit in every single country every week for the last 46 years. Who guessed? ;)

6. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

In unrelated news, a wikipedia user with the username Arnie_Grove has had their editing permissions taken away.

7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Hey, is that @Arnold Grove as the source? ;)

Beat me by a second!!! :p

Paulwalrus and Arnold Grove like this.
  8. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Haha, I wanted to edit the page to something similar, but Wiki got more protective these days and I couldn't do it without having my usual IP/username blacklisted.

9. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

These imitators make my blood boil!! Shameless!! :realmad:

Rob Hughes, JDeanB and Paulwalrus like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I see nothing unusual about that statement... :whistle:

edenofflowers and Haristar like this.
  11. Haristar

What starts out as a harmless game of editing Paul McCartney pages on Wikipedia ends up resulting in misinformation being printed in Archive Collection booklets. :righton:

Rojo, supermd and mindgames like this.
  12. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

In August 2016, McCartney told Rolling Stone, "But there's a value to sad songs. Something bad happens – you don't want to repress it. So you unload it on yourself, with a guitar. I've got a couple on my next album which are a bit – [makes a shocked look]." Ever since then I've been convinced that this will be a dark and somber record. I think dark and somber best describes the mood and spirit of the time between New Year's and Mardi Gras (on my calendar, at least.) So I wager an early, wintery 2018 release.

13. Haristar

If that means songs like "From a Lover to a Friend" (one of my favourite latter day Paul songs) then I can't wait.

14. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Already bought my copy.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  15. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I have not so fond memories of dropping my then mint vinyl copy of Run Devil Run around the same time when my phone rang unexpectedly at a late hour. There's still a mark on the record where it got scuffed. :(

16. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Zeki likes this.
  17. Cord

Cord Forum Resident

I feel it is probably valid info. If not, a mod would have said something on the official forum. Allowing confusion is not good marketing. Plus, both titles sound very from the mind of Paul. The only thing I've read that disappointed me is that the single is a duet with Denny Laine. I do hope that's not true, but I suspect it is. So, allowing this to go on all day makes it look real. Single out Monday, album out september 29, just in time to be eligible for grammy award considerations.

18. MaccaFanForever

MaccaFanForever Active Member

This is what the Wikipedia page says word for word: "August 28, 2017 will release a new single A Life of Mercy, a duet with Denny Laine, from the album In the Universe and Beyond."

Now it never says that it's Paul's album does it? If it's true could it possible be Dennys album? I've seen Denny live and got his latest single Over the Horizon/Meant to be. To me this sounds like Denny Laine album title and song.

19. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Gotta admit this info is getting my hopes up. Hey, poster Victor explained how the person who edited that Wiki page seems legit!

We'll want video evidence :p

I wasn't aware of any of that at the time :(

20. MaccaFanForever

Not a Denny Laine fan? I personally feel that it would be really cool for them to write together again. It's been since what Tug Of War?

Billy Budapest likes this.
  21. A Wings reunion (of the last lineup of the band, and probably subbing Wix for Linda) would be really cool. A Wings reunion tour would sell a lot iof tickets!

daveidmarx and MaccaFanForever like this.
  22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Paraphrasing George Harrison, there will be no Wings reunion as long as Linda remains dead.

23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

People actually think Paul's gonna release a duet with Denny Laine?
    :bigeek:

Has this become the Maccaboard? That's why I avoid that site, for the most part...

24. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Cut us some slack, people are getting desperate ;)

JDeanB likes this.
  25. MaccaFanForever

Well they did just hang out together last month in tinley park. Also when I spoke to Denny last year when he came to my town he said that he still hangs with Paul a good bit.

JDeanB and Paulwalrus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.