New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

That s what I just predicted. It will be fun anyway.

2. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

Yeah... I noticed there was nothing specific about Trump on Paul's quote. Does anyone know why the article drew that conclusion?. Is there any other info about the conversation itself?. About what was Paul answering to?. Because if the question was "hey Paul, have you written a song about Trump?" and he answered that, then it's a reasonable conclusion that he wrote a song about Trump... otherwise not.

3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I hope not. Randys Putin is so perfect as it is.:)

Mazzy likes this.
  4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

oh, It will be fun for sure. I have already bought a supply of popcorn to sit back and watch the sparks fly!

Bemagnus likes this.
  5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

and Rose, nobody speaking for me but me. Just saying!!

fer2 likes this.
  6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

although me saying that the album is not finished is more feeling than fact at this point. It is still based on information from very good sources from different aspects around Paul. If it is done, then it is disappointing that it looks to be pushed into next year. I simply warn folks when something is imminent.

However, next release is not the new album, that is a fact. I have already seen all the details and have hinted about things vaguely as asked not to give details

So as they say at the movies ......sit back, relax and enjoy the show!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  7. Fivebyfive

Fivebyfive Forum Resident

I wish I was more excited. I fear my reaction will be a yawn. None of the options that have been speculated about here seem all that interesting.

fer2 and Yorick like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I agree, I am totally disinterested other than the reaction here at this point

fer2 and Yorick like this.
  9. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

:laugh: Lol! CLEAR and Loud and Red and Blue and Silver and White and the list goes on...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. Rose Decatur

Rose Decatur Forum Resident

What is Randy Newman's Putin song? Is it on his last album or just a live song?

11. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Good question, I never heard of it

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It's a new song called "Putin" on his latest album:

Rob Hughes likes this.
  13. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

:-popcorn::-popcorn::-popcorn:

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

That's the spirit!!

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Thanks for the link, pretty funny!

16. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Looking forward to this song appearing in the upcoming Toy Story 4. ;)

17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

There's a good joke to made, using the song You've Got A Friend in me, that would be far too political for this board so I won't make it.

so instead I'll post this review from 1970

12 Songs

Sean Murdock and Haristar like this.
  18. MaccaFanForever

MaccaFanForever Active Member

So you don't care for the upcoming release at all?

19. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

No, sorry, I already have all I need from Paul.
    Still didn't open New !

20. MaccaFanForever

ha ha very funny... I'm talking about the upcoming realease not the new solo album coming out. And good for you I'm not limiting myself to a great artist who still makes great records but you have fun living in the past :righton:

21. MaccaFanForever

Well that's great for you. You like it more then go ahead a take your pre 2005 albums (since that's all you like) and go live in it. I would suggest staying off of a forum that is literally about Paul's new albums coming out though as it doesn't make much since if you're not gonna listen to them.... I for one am a fan "forever" as you can see in my username and respect and love ALL of what Paul's done. Sure there's stuff I like more than others but that doesn't mean I'm gonna drop him though. I personally loved Chaos and the fun loving song Dance Tonight written for his daughter Beatrice. Along with the rest of Memory Almost Full. That's the great thing about Paul is that he doesn't just stick to one sound. Literally each album is different and has its own special sound. But hey man you do you. I'll be jamming out to the new McCartney and well I suggest you just don't play anything too often... don't wanna get burnt out. Cheers
    :cheers:

22. fer2

fer2 Forum Resident

:righton:

23. MaccaFanForever

I'd just like to bring up that you said "how can you not go running for Ram when you heard Dance Tonight and after Chaos that's it for you" and how you never opened "New". So you're saying that you heard Memory Almost Full and gave up on Paul and didn't even give the next album "New" a chance since you didn't open it. Why limit yourself? Why not give yourself more?

24. MaccaFanForever

I mean just think if you did that with Wild Life or Press to Play. Which there's songs on both those albums I like but anyone knows they're not the best of albums but just think of what you'd miss and what you are missing.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  25. MaccaFanForever

First off you I would like to point out that you're the one who commented at me first when I wasn't even asking you the question and let me know how you don't care about anything new McCartney does because you don't like this and you don't like that when the question wasn't even for you. Secondly you didn't first say "look I don't like the last 3 albums paul did and that's that". You said "you didn't like "memory" and that New was "unopened". Leading me to believe you never even gave New a chance. If you don't like albums out of your own personal taste then yes there's nothing wrong with that. I personally don't think you should competely give up on paul and not listen to his latest stuff coming out though just because it's possible you might like something and miss it. Look I just don't want anyone limiting themselves to anybody.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.