New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Macca is 75 years old. Everything he releases at this stage must be considered a bonus. I mean he was born during world war 2 , spend the sixties with the Beatles and the seventies with Wings-after that he has produced loads of great music and still is one of the biggest live-acts.
    He doesn t owe anyone anything but obviosly still enjoys making music. If we get a new album this or next year doesn t matter. What matters is if it will be a good album. But even that is of minor importance considering all the things Paul has achieved.
    Of course it takes longer between albums given Pauls age. He has done enough even if he never released a single note.

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

It's almost like people aren't actually reading what you write.

3. MaccaFanForever

MaccaFanForever Active Member

I read exactly what he said. I just want to know why he's not interested. That is all. It's almost like you're not reading what I'm writing....

4. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Somewhow being a Beatle or Wings member is a curse for him as a creative artist. No matter what he releases he is always reduced to his past. So I can't' agree with what you say. The man has recorded some of the best tracks in his solo career during the past 15 years. To see his current work only as a bonus is an offense for any creating and still active artist.
    Just think that artists like Leonard Cohen, Roger Waters or recently Randy Newman have created some of their best work at an older age.

I think everyone would have full respect if McCartney would announce to finally retire. But on the contrary he has mentioned the upcoming album to the media and in private encounters (as on a train ride).
    So I repeat his record company or management is not doing him favours by releasing old material for the umpteenth time. Let the man create...and release his art!

5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Randy Newman another
    I agree that he has made great music the last 15 years. What I meant was that any new music must beseen as a bonus. If it will be a great album ir his best ever -well that would be a great bonus.
    But-if he never again released any new music I guess his achievment is more than enough anyway.
    Take Randy Newmans Dark matter -a true madterpiece. It arrived nine years after his last non-soundtrack. So four years between albums might not be all that bad.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  6. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

EIGHT..

Mr. Explorer and Yorick like this.
  7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Eight albums reissued on vinyl?

Eight days until an announcement (no, that's not a Thursday)?

"Eight Days A Week: The complete Whoopi interviews collection" blu ray?

8. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Hmm, an iTunes search of "eight" by artist doesn't yield any obvious clues as to what it could be, so back to the vinyl, or days until an announcement theories

[​IMG]

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. MaccaFanForever

Let's hope for the latter :D haha jk

mikecarrera likes this.
  10. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Would totally be worth it for the entertainment value on this board, sit back and watch the fireworks fly!

11. MaccaFanForever

I agree! :laugh:

12. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

While you are correct about this, these contractual obligations do not have to include new music, especially in 2017 for a 75 year old artist. This Universal contract could very well include Deluxe editions of "Wild Life" "Red Rose Speedway", "London Town" and "Back to the Egg", with one new studio album and a live CD/DVD. I don't know the specifics of Maccas contract, but I wouldn't be surprised if my aforementioned list is all that gets released over the next 5 years or so---and I'd be fine with that.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Eight Colors?

MaccaFanForever likes this.
  14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

There are eight levels.

Wait, that's not quite right...

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I did say that I thought folks would like the FITD but knew what the obvious complaint would be but didn't expect the scope of unhappiness

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol

17. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

People, it could be worse. He could have been Jimmy Page and done nothing (or keep promising to do something). for the last 30 years.

vitorbastos123 and supermd like this.
  18. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

He has had at least one thing released every year 1961-2017 without fail. I definitely wish we could have had that from John & George also.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  19. Paulwalrus

Paulwalrus Forum Resident

The streak has been going strong since 1997 imo :)

I don't think Paul worries about his concert "legacy"?. If that's even a thing. I think he just loves playing live.

20. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Everyone knows by now that the announcement is concerning a series of Corgi toy vehicles based around Paul's albums. Can you guess which album the beige Dodge Ram represents?

21. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

I guess he means there'll be eight releases?

red, yellow, white, orange, blue, silver and two others?

22. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

So...Give My Regards To Broad Street. That's what I'm deciphering...

23. mikecarrera

you've said Red/Yellow? that's not clear

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. mikecarrera

:laugh: That's the best one so far!

25. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

First you guys were teasing colors, now you both can't stop saying clear!

Mr. Explorer and mikecarrera like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.