New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

By the way, tomorrow is Thursday, our favorite announcement day. And Paul starts up his tour again on Monday.

If anyone is awake at MPL, then this is the perfect time to reveal whatever is going on.

But as with MPL, they tend to be illogical...

Ringo Hendrix, supermd, vince and 4 others like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Also 3 x 8 = 24 (or so I'm told). ;)

maccawings and Mr. Explorer like this.
  3. Max Wilbury

Max Wilbury Berlin Beetle

Paul McCartney - The Rainbow Collection

More details very soon.

4. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Someday we'll find it... ;)

5. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Not just this, tens of pages simply off-topic, about a completely different upcoming project instead of anything related to a new studio album...

6. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

We will open a new thread just for the new releases but it's too soon, we can't post what's is going to be just now according to the record label, so opening a new thread with which title? "Upcoming New Paul releases" and inside nothing? even we already have a release date and etc, etc we still need to wait a little bit more, or we can open that other thread but you won't find anything except the same chit chat and clues and fans guessing but will be other 100 pages until we touch bottom and could post the official info and then what? open another new thread now with the title of the upcoming releases?.. The new album won't be out until next year, that was discussed way before, so you're correct about keep writing about something else inside this thread but that's the way this started... suggestions open

Mr. Explorer and Victor46542 like this.
  7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I recognize you're from France and applaud your English usage here. However I would like to mention that "vinyl" is singular but the plural form of "vinyl" is "vinyl", as well. "Vinyls" is not proper usage (though many native English speakers are oblivious to this).
    :cheers:

8. He'll probably dump that old CD format and go with just downloads and vintage vinyl :tiphat:

9. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

Right, my automatic spell-checker, change vinyls in vinyles :)

10. Arnold Grove

Singular Vinyl / Plural Vinyl
    Singular Sheep / Plural Sheep
    Singular Shrimp / Plural Shrimp

English can be confusing!!!

11. Victor46542

Great idea !

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It's definitely somewhere over it

Max Wilbury and jlf like this.
  13. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Paul McCartney is proud to announce used vinyl records of all his Wings classics, now in a record shop near you!

14. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

:laugh:

I hope it's not just the Wings albums, as I just now finally have NM copies of them all from a record store near by.

I will crack and buy it if it's released on CD

JDeanB likes this.
  15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If it's a box set of plain 'ol Wings albums (no bonus tracks), then so be it, and I'll take it, but I really hope that, if this is the case, it's also released in unlimited format like all the hi-res downloads that came with each Archive release. I would be pretty happy with that (I'm dying to get the remainder of the Wings albums remastered), but would much rather get archive releases of the rest.

16. paulmccartneyistheman

I'd prefer all remaining 4 Wings albums get the archive treatment at once for 50 bucks each, designed in book form. Simple but have them out!

17. Victor46542

Me too !

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  18. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

It would be weird, but he could leave out Wings Over America, and keep this set to Studio Albums only. In that case, then yes RAM might possibly fit.

MAYBE Paul's putting out another Twin Freaks-like Remix project, with some radical remixes of deep cuts and hits alike (from a handful of guest artists/remixers), making them "fresh" for modern fans.

That remix of Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five that got a really low key vinyl release sounded great. A full disc of those type of cuts would be a cool "stop-gap" release before his next new solo album.

19. I'll go with CDs, vinyl, and a single BluRay disc with all the Wings albums in HiRes on it. Might as well make the BluRay for $19.99 while I'm dreaming. :)

20. paulmccartneyistheman

:laugh:

sallymae_hogsby and Mr. Explorer like this.
  21. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

The Wings Boxset, Coming On the 8/8/18

;)

22. Arnold Grove

Capitol re-signed Paul for ONE Reason --- namely, to get his back catalog. Whatever new album is coming, it will sell a couple hundred thousand copies (regardless of whether it is a great, average, or bad album), as Paul's last few albums have done, and that's it. But that's not where the money is. The potential money is the back catalog. But first Capitol needs to reintroduce his catalog into the marketplace where people can actually buy it. So whatever is being released by Capitol has to make $$$. They want to see a profit.

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That would be perfect.

24. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Hmm, I wonder if that's so. How much does any one artist's back catalogue of 70s/80s releases sell these days? I would speculate that Paul's catalogue does indeed sell, but that his numbers -- like almost everyone else's are pretty low. For that matter, I wonder who, these days, is the best selling artist of the 70s. Probably whichever band has a well-promoted, well-priced re-issue campaign in a given year -- after which, I'd bet sales fall off the proverbial cliff. Does Band on the Run even sell 10,000 new copies per year these days? If not, then the re-signing of Paul McCartney still awaits a satisfactory explanation (though if his new releases sell in the hundred-thousands, then that's just fine).

25. bward

bward Senior Member

I was just thinking (forgive me if this was mentioned up thread) if Wings Over America is released on red white and blue colored vinyl, it would match the Wings Over Wings bootleg that inspired it back in 1976.
    Strange. What a victory for the bootleggers that would be.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.