New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I just can't wait until things are finally cleared up.

(I can play this too :laugh:)

Mr. Explorer and maccawings like this.
  2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I'll be seeing him soon too (time number 6 for me, which will put him in the second place category for amount of times I've seen an artist). It's kind of special, not only because it's Paul, but it's been a whole year since I've been to any type of concert. (almost to the day, last show I saw was Melanie Martinez, 9-23-16) This coming from someone who, a few years ago, did a total of 23 concerts! This year I'll only be going to two (as far as I can tell) and Paul will be one of them. I'm going with my friend, I already got the days off from work, and I know it's gonna be a good time!

I hope someone records it because I'm not gonna bother, not since my friend will be with me and we'll be talking and having a good time. I didn't record last year when we saw Paul, and a recording turned up that sounded at least a bit better than what mine would have anyway

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well played my friend.......well played.

4. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I'm pretty sure Paul would look at the sign from a distance and be like "Oh ****. How does he know?"

5. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Nah, I'd be happy with those, a new album by Paul and an Electric Arguments #2 and #3 . :D

By the way, please wake me up whenever there is actual news here regarding Paul's new album at some point. :p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

You never know. ASCAP is a very good source, I stopped checking for awhile once I heard that the new album would most probably not be out this year. But CB was on it!!

7. Glenn Christense

A question:
    At any of the 126 shows you have attended did Paul ever tell you that "you were great" during "Hey Jude"?

I've heard he's done that once or twice over the years . ;)

Being serious for a moment, obviously you like his entire show to see him so many times, but which songs that almost never are out of rotation do you still get a special thrill hearing?

8. Glenn Christense

Oh Wisened One..would it be letting the cat out of the bag by positing it's Paul's previously unreleased , um.. octology of love songs to Heather Mills, to be issued on colored vinyl ?

:p

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not only have I told him, a bunch of us held up signs saying "You Were Great TOO!!"

I know it is quite corny, but I never get Tired of Hey Jude or Let it Be ever.....they are two of my favorite Beatles songs and for whatever reason, I simply do not grow tired of them. I really don't tire of any of the usual rotation songs.....this does not mean that I don't long to hear songs that he never seems to get to. He has so many great songs in the catalog, I'd love to see him become more adventurous and play some of those songs!

Oh funny, I misread what you said. Thought you asked if I ever told him. Yeah Paul has mentioned everyone was great a few thousand times!!! LOL!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  10. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

One could probably argue that getting their hands on the back catalog was Columbia's main motivation behind signing McCartney back in 1979 as well.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

True then as well. BUT Columbia was also banking on having multi-platinum sales from his newest releases as well. They thought he would continue selling albums in quantities to match his mid-1970s sales, which were impressive --- but which for Columbia turned out to NOT be the case.

Mr. Explorer, ohnothimagen and Yorick like this.
  12. Wild Ram Speedway

Wild Ram Speedway Forum Resident

Finally something is coming. Really looking forward to it.

[​IMG]

JDeanB, Tord, 5th-beatle and 5 others like this.
  13. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Seems to be pretty much a concensus over the last 24 hours that we know what's coming, will be interesting to see if we're right or wrong!

If it is this, then what a pickle I'll be in. Whilst at this moment in time I'd have no need for a vinyl box set (or 3), it might be exactly what I need in a few years time. Do I spend a fortune buying something I don't need now but might need in a few years, that I might not be able to buy then if I don't buy it now.

Probably will, yes. Damn you McCartney!! :realmad:

Edit: Oh heck, I never even factored in that I'd need the most Deluxe CD version now also :mudscrying:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  14. Arnold Grove

AHH... The title is "Let My Self Down" (not "Let Myself Down"). We must be careful ...

FKA002 likes this.
  15. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

If it's a vinyl box, I'll be very tempted to buy it as the only Paul LP I currently own is Tug of War (I'm a beginner in the whole vinyl thing). So I would still be interested if that were the case.

16. Arnold Grove

It's probable that there will be 8 LPs collected in ONE big box (which 8: All Wings LPs, or some random 8?).
    And that these 8 LPs will be also available separately (just like George Harrison's recent LP reissues were).

BUT:
    What about the LP color? Will there be special (limited?) colored vinyl LPs? Will there also be regular black vinyl LPs?
    Will these albums be available for download? I'm thinking "yes".
    How about CDs? My latest thinking is "no", and that there will NOT be CDs. However, I think the slow-paced Archive CD editions will continue.

17. bward

bward Senior Member

The ASCAP entry for the new song is great work.

Question: in previous album release years, did the song titles appear one at a time? Or were they added in batches?

I'm wondering if the emergence of a single song signals a song for a movie. Or, maybe he is adding this to his setlist and he wants his rights preserved before the song is heard on the concert stage next week.

We'll soon find out.

18. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I'd be fine with a vinyl only boxset, or series of boxsets consisting of Paul's studio albums but please for the love of Jeebus, not at the expense of the archive series.

Mr. Explorer, OobuJoobu and RAJ717 like this.
  19. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Absolutely no interest in vinyl these days (I'm 48), but if it means a few millennials will pick it up and discover who Paul McCartney is, then bless his heart. As for me, I'll sit this one out as Paul lets ME down...

20. Arnold Grove

I hope that the announcement will state what the future game plan is. If not, then we will be in limbo as to whether the Archive series continues.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

JDeanB, Mr. Explorer, RAJ717 and 2 others like this.
  22. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

New* was the first thing to be registered in 2013, the rest came in later, in batches.

*the song

23. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

There will be three different formats, so there'll likely be a CD boxset as well!

24. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

From what I've read Columbia regretted the decision almost immediately, given the decidedly underwhelming sales/reviews of Back To The Egg. I'd reckon Tug Of War was the only McCartney album in the Columbia era to be considered "successful".

Yorick likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

It might be:
    LP Box Set
    Individual LPs
    Download

No CDs.

MaccaFanForever likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.