New Pearl Jam Reissues, complete studio vinyl box coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bigdoug920, Sep 10, 2017.

1. bigdoug920

bigdoug920 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looks like we'll see remix/remasters of Binaural, Riot Act, and Self Titled along with some 7" singles and a complete studio albums box.

Music - Shop - Pearl Jam

2. todd141

todd141 Forum Resident

Anyone read or know if these will be available at our local record stores and/or Amazon around the same time? I'd rather not pay 13 bucks to ship 2 LPs.

AcidPunk15 likes this.
  3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Also, a reissue of Ten as a single LP with the original artwork. I assume this will just be the first LP of the previous reissue set, but man, wouldn't it be great if it was a replica of the original 90's pressing?

Old Rusty and ToddH like this.
  4. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Interesting that they're selling the box set storage box separately. You could basically build your own box set by buying everything individually. Not sure what the point is of the limited 500 box set actually is considering this. Looks like getting everything separately would be cheaper, too.

marcfeld69 and Clonesteak like this.
  5. hiddman

hiddman Forum Resident

Will the recent "No Code" fit in the box?

6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Trust me - there are 500 fan club members who own the originals, and they're going to be more than happy to purchase that empty box.

7. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

No, I agree. You misunderstood. Not sure what the point of the limited complete box set is, considering you could "build your own" for cheaper than the complete box set is listed at.

Larry Loves LPs likes this.
  8. Combination

I didn't even check the prices of the individual LP's, but yeah, the math is coming together now, thanks...

musictoad likes this.
  9. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

I hope they did AAA remasters. Vedder admitted during the PONO listening trials that they mastered every album incorrectly for vinyl...from digital. Which was foolish...because every Pearl Jam album was recorded on analog tape machines, according to legend...
    The Ten remastered vinyl with the 2nd LP (remix) was fairly tough to listen to, knowing that an analog possibility exists.
    I sold it.

Admittedly, I have always loved PJ on CD...so I shouldn't wish for AAA vinyl.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  10. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I doubt they did. If they did, don't you think that would be highlighted somewhere as a selling point?

If they did remaster AAA and didn't highlight that fact, that's equally as dumb.

Pieter Kozak and Vinyl Socks like this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

All the previous reissues were, so no reason to think these won't either.

All three albums fall in that super annoying state where it's just too long for a single LP but nowhere near long enough to fill four sides. I'm sure these will mimic the original configurations, but it'd be really nice if they didn't, especially the self-titled, which runs around the same length as Ten and Vs. Like, the original single-LP Vitalogy sounds much better than the reissue, so the neverending side length issue isn't really a factor for Pearl Jam albums, IMO.

marcfeld69 and Parkertown like this.
  12. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

The more I think about the way they're selling these, the more silly it seems to me.

"Here fans, we're willing to put these 10 albums in the box and ship them to you that way, but only for 500 sets. We have plenty of other raw products to build more box sets, but we're tired and we'd rather have you compile them and put them together yourself. Oh and since you're willing to do the bit of extra work - you know, putting the albums into the box we provide - we'll reduce the cost a bit. Thanks, Signed PJ."

Hep Alien and FourWalledWorld like this.
  13. Combination

Well, make them three sides and have the last be an etching. They wouldn't be the first to do so...

marcfeld69 likes this.
  14. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

True...beware of the hype sticker that reads: "Remastered from the original master tapes" ... :laugh::agree: :laughup:

marcfeld69 likes this.
  15. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

The last thing that the PJ fans want is Brendan O'Brien ruining the sound of 3 more albums.

We were hoping for the original, unreleased Tchad Blake mix of "Binaural". What do they have against him?

marcfeld69, Dave G, Tojo and 4 others like this.
  16. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

According to their site, only Avocado is getting a remix.

Parkertown and PearlJamNoCode like this.
  17. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Ah, you're right. The e-mail I received was not clear about this.

18. TwoAmused

TwoAmused Forum Resident

Ten Club corrected their mistake. Only the self-titled Avocado album was remixed. PJ, Binaural and Riot Act were re-mastered. Also, digital files will be sold too.

WonkyWilly likes this.
  19. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

$45 for an empty box plus $43 in international shipping....

sunking101 likes this.
  20. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

Binarual is the one I am missing so it will be nice to fill that hole. Might be interested in the re-mixed Avocodo too.

Pieter Kozak likes this.
  21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The only one I'm missing is the self titled album (Avocado). I wonder if the prices on the original vinyl album will go down now that it is being reissued? Probably not, I suppose.

22. Pieter Kozak

Pieter Kozak Well-Known Member

I am a vinyl guy but nothing can touch the original CD pressing of Ten.

23. Pieter Kozak

Pieter Kozak Well-Known Member

Binaural is the only one I am interested in, the others are pretty meh. Always going to be tough to top Vs & Vitalogy. Although I love No Code and Yield. Things started going downhill when that idiot Vedder got their best drummer Dave Abbruzzese sacked.

M2225 and benzo like this.
  24. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Pear Jam vinyl reissues are not the greatest things ever made (understatement). If these are no better than what has come before, I'll pass and continue to hope for reissues done by someone who cares a bit more in the end result.

Joe Spivey and Pieter Kozak like this.