Chet Atkins on Sundazed - new releases

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jfire, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfire

jfire Forum Resident Thread Starter

AudiophilePhil and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  2. jfire

anyone? ...

3. Have not seen these, however, I have Chet "My Brother Sings" from a few years back and it sounds incredible. I believe this was a Black Friday Record Store Day release. Glad you pointed these out so now they are on my radar.

4. Looks good. I have both these as clean originals so I'd really need them to be great to bite on this. I guess the question for me might be what they mean by " from the original masters"

I love that they used repro labels though. Nice touch.

5. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Is Sundazed considered to be an audiophile label?

6. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I have an original Hi-Fi In Focus by Chet. I don't think Sundazed could better that copy.

7. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Absolutely not. A lot of their recent mono releases "from the original masters" have been fraudulent fold-down/needledrop combinations. Just search for "Safe As Milk" or "Blue Cheer" or "Mamas & Papas". When confronted about the deception, Irwin became downright nasty and said it was the music that was the most important thing and not "armchair audiophiles". My impression is that they could care less about sound quality & authenticity, and will do or say anything to make a quick buck. I mean, It's bad enough that they would release such crap, but to claim that it is from "the original analog masters" when it clearly isn't crosses the line IMO.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    hi_watt, AudiophilePhil and bluemooze like this.
  8. jfire

Thanks, this is why I was asking - if these are worthwhile.

9. AudiophilePhil

Thank you WonkyWilly for informing us. So the best bet is getting the original vinyl pressing.

In response to Bob Irwin's statement, yes the music is the most important thing, but if it does not sound as good or close to the sound of the original pressing, it diminish the appreciation and the pleasure of listening to the music. Again, it defeats the purpose of why we love the vinyl record format in the first place.

10. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

There are some Sundazed releases that are authentic, so it depends on the title, but there is certainly precedent there for false advertising. And always be wary of opinions from people who aren't aware of this past deception.

11. AudiophilePhil

If it's not indicated in the album info or liner notes or in the ads, it can be hit-and-miss which is not worthy to take any chances with.

12. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Does anyone own a copy of "HI-FI IN FOCUS" on Sundazed? The samples online sure do sound good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.