Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Blumhouse on Twitter

[​IMG]

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I thought she died in last film.

Oh Jamie, when I watched you in that first one I knew you were gonna make it. And then my dreams came true in Trading Places.:drool:

3. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

I appreciate David Gordon Green's talent. When I saw his first film "George Washington" I was really impressed by this new voice and style. Very unique. He's had some missteps along the way, but who hasn't?

While I'm interested to see what he does with a "Halloween" remake (and the still photo above looks terrific) I can't help but be a little skeptical. The whole thing feels like Gus Van Sant trying to remake "Psycho" in 1998. I would never want to put a director in a box and say keep making "George Washington" and "Pineapple Express" but it doesn't really seem this is anything more than a pet project.

Hope I'm wrong.

4. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Curtis still looks amazing. This has potential to be really great...or awful.

5. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I always loved the Halloween movies but apparently the historical timeline is going to be re-written. "The new film, which will essentially pick up after the events of Rick Rosenthal’s Halloween II and ignore the other movies in the series". Should be interesting how they spin this one.

6. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

How can they ignore Halloween 3?!?!

7. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

8. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

This film is supposed to be the real Halloween III.

As if there were no sequels past Halloween II (1981 film)

Works for me.

9. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

I thought that's what Halloween H20: 20 Years Later was?

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

This is a weird, out of left field surprise. I like the picture a lot but it looks like a Better Homes and Garden picture without Michael Myers.

11. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

It was. :D

But that was then. This is now. :uhhuh:

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Jamie Lee Curtis may not be an Oscar-level actress but she's likeable and pretty capable, and she looks good for her age. There isn't something more interesting for her out there than another Halloween rehash? I'm kind of surprised her career has shrunk down to "former scream queen," as if Halloween was the only successful thing she did.

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The title is Halloween, and it takes place after Halloween II. So the chronological order for these films will be Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween.

14. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

You may want to get a GORT to change the title to

" Laurie Strode DIES in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)"

As much as I loved everything about the OG movie, the franchise became a complete and utter parody of itself. Halloween (1978) ranks as my all time favorite 'horror' film. (Note: I consider The Shining to be a "drama-dey. Jack is just too funny in the movie.)

And whoever Green lit Rob Zombie to direct not one but, TWO, reboots of Halloween must have been so high that they didn't even know what plane of existence they were on. (And were FIRED)

Rob Zombie makes Adam Sandler look like Martin Scorsese (or insert your favorite director.) The reboot was one of the only movies that I have ever walked out of. Both movies should have a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes, if that were even possible.

Thankfully the great writer/director John Carpenter is coming to clean this up and finally put this franchise out of its misery.

Goodbye Laurie 'Myers' Strode. It has been a long time coming.

- Silver Shamrocks

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It's not like having her in the movie is going to make it any better or worse. :shrug: I wonder how badly they'll have to retcon everything for it to make sense that she's still alive?

16. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I hope someone gets killed while eating the yogurt that makes you poop that she endorses.

Rick Sanchez, Opeth, Madness and 6 others like this.
  17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That would be ironic- death by health food. :)

18. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

*Spoiler Alert*Laurie Strode died at the beginning of Halloween:Resurrection. I'm not watching this CRAP new Halloween now that it's already known she dies.

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Is it really a spoiler if the movie is 15 years old? :)

20. daca

@driverdrummer please see @GlobalObserver 's post.

Anything past Halloween II is not canon in John Carpenter's world. The other movies "never existed." I know I wish I had all those hours back.

It will be a John Carpenter Trilogy, and yes Laurie will die. But it will unconnected to the events in Halloween: Resurrection.

(Think of Star Wars canon. Diznee basically threw out Ep 1, 2, 3 from the canon.)

21. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

On the contrary, Disney seems to have embraced the prequel trilogy, bringing back Jimmy Smits to reprise his role as Bail Organa and placing Vader's castle on Mustafar where Anakin and Obi-Wan had their duel in Episode 3.

22. daca

I was specifically referring to the "C" word. The most offensive word in movies or books.

CLONES!

23. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

What a joke. John Carpenter's name being attached to this mess means nothing - he hasn't made a decent film in nearly 30 years! Also, Michael Myers would now be well into his sixties, OAPs don't really scare me that much.
    H2O wasn't perfect, but at least it gave the series a chance to go out with some dignity after all those garbage latter day sequels. Why couldn't they have left it at that?

24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

H20 was way better than Halloween 4, 5, or 6 (any versions of 6) IMO. Yes, I think it should have ended there too.

25. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

So we're getting yet another reboot/remake instead of giving the series a proper sequel/finale? How about some closure, Hollywood? :rolleyes:

(If you recall, Halloween Resurrection ended on a cliffhanger that has never been resolved or followed up on).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.