Game of Thrones - Season VII - July 16-2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

My guess is that Jon Snow slays the zombie dragon on the roof of Winterfell and so the Night King is forced to play his trump card.... He summons The Demigorgon! And the entire thing is revealed to be an elaborate Dungeons & Dragons campaign from Stranger Things
    [​IMG]

tommy-thewho likes this.
  2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

LOL.

You joke, but I read some fan theories about it all being some sort of dream by a "nerd" who plays D&D type of games.

3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Been reading a theory, based on Daeny's recollection of a lemon tree from her childhood (among other things), that she cannot possibly be Jon's aunt and is in fact Rhaegar's daughter--Jon's sister. If true, this makes the couple an up'n-coming more fearsome Cersei and Jaime. Actually Jaime is becoming more Jon-like in his sense of duty and justice, whereas Jon is totally giving in to his infatuation with Daeny and who knows how he will react to learning of his true identity and birthright.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

4. SquishySounds

In the books Aegon is the son of Aerys who is 'swapped' with a peasant child before he was killed by The Mountain (the exact same child-switcharoo Theon Greyjoy used to "kill the Starks"). Rhaenys, the baby daughter, is mutilated beyond recognition. So while not stated explicitly, it's possible she was also swapped.

Of course in the books Aegon is a separate person from Jon Snow and is establishing a Dornish alliance while Jon is still Lord Commander of the Black Brothers

GregM likes this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Well, they ARE all inside of an eye of a giant called..... uh... what was his name again?.... Mongo?

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

It still hurts to watch this scene, very effective and realistic.

7. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

To clarify, it still hasn't been confirmed by Martin beyond a reason of a doubt that 'Aegon' is actually Aegon, as opposed to just some pretender likely propped up by Varys from afar:

'A prominent theory is that Varys is presenting a false Aegon Targaryen in order to place an imposter on the Iron Throne. Varys's speech to Kevan Lannister does not conclusively imply that Aegon is a Targaryen, but instead that he is simply well-qualified for the throne (based on his qualities if not by blood), as Tyrion Lannister remarks to himself " the perfect prince".
    Quaithe told Daenerys Targaryen to beware "the mummer's dragon". Either this refers to Aegon being under the control of "the mummer" - Varys was a mummer in his childhood and is a master actor - or that he's a false dragon, a fake Targaryen.
    At the House of the Undying, Daenerys is referred to as the Slayer of Lies while she sees 3 visions. The second vision is of A cloth dragon swayed on poles amid a cheering crowd. This could mean that she will encounter a fake Targaryen.

The fact that it should not have been possible for Varys to know in advance that Aegon would be killed in such a manner as to leave him unrecognizable is often seen as a key problem with the pisswater prince story. If the pisswater prince's face had remained intact after his death (as Rhaenys' was), no one would have been fooled. Moreover, the Valyrian features of silver-gold hair and purple eyes are rare in Westeros, making it is unlikely that the pisswater prince could have had them. Pale blond hair may pass for silver-gold if there is very little left and it's covered in blood, but Varys could not have known in advance that Aegon's whole head would be smashed. While possible explanations can be given (e.g. Varys's knowledge of Aerys's wildfire plot made him certain that the pisswater prince would become unidentifiable; or, Varys had not been planning to fool the rebels into thinking Aegon had died, but needed a substitute child in place only long enough to have sufficient time to smuggle the real Aegon out of King's Landing), part of the readers see the issue as an argument against Varys's story. In their opinions, the pisswater prince plot only makes sense retrospectively, knowing that the baby presented by Tywin Lannister was not recognizable as Aegon. They feel it seems more likely that Varys cooked up this plot after the real Aegon had died to exploit the shred of doubt that the corpse's condition had created. As such, multiple possible theories have arisen to explain who Aegon is...' [Aegon Targaryen (son of Rhaegar)/Theories ]

tommy-thewho likes this.
  8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Wow! excellent finale!!!

tommy-thewho likes this.
  9. vince

I hope you got to see the whole SEASON, not just the finale!

10. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Yup, got 30 day free HBO trial!

11. vince

30 DAYS!
    WOW!
    That's pretty good..... you can even see why everyone HATES "Vinyl"!

12. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I have it on good authority that the show ends in Bob and Emily Hartley's bedroom.

jpelg and neo123 like this.
  13. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

We've already had that, it's called Seasons 2-4.

lschwart likes this.
  14. SquishySounds

That segue from the scalpel going into ser Jorah's greyscale to a knife cutting a pot-pie is my single favorite shot from the entire season.

Deuce66 and Dayfold like this.
  15. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

There's been so much buzz about this show I decided to give it a try. Got halfway through season 2 and decided to quit, but first also watched the red wedding episode and the episode where Joffrey FINALLY dies. I don't like the show because it is endless pain, sufferering, sadistic torture, and nothing but misery. I don't care too much about any of the characters. The plot is slow and I find it uninteresting. As a general rule here in any TV show if they depict a massively cruel and sadistic person like Joffrey, constantly getting his way and wreaking harm, without rather quickly giving him severe punishment, I get angry at the writers. It took till season 4 to kill off Joffrey. I don't need to see prolonged crap like that, unless there's other angles to the show to hook me ... and there aren't.

16. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

Cool story. Thanks for coming. :righton:

17. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

LOL Someone had to try to talk some sense into you people!

18. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Joffrey is a sweetheart compared to Ramsey. Hanging out with Joffrey is like being tickled by angels while a puppy licks your face in comparison.

Bender Rodriguez and neo123 like this.
  19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Tell that to the bard whose tongue he had cut out.

20. SquishySounds

Oh come on, who among us hasn’t shot a hooker with a crossbow?:cheers:

21. TexasBuck

TexasBuck Forum Resident

Crossbows are better served for fathers. Strangulation is how you take out the hookers.

dmiller458 likes this.
  22. vince

...hookers that sleep with you FATHER..that is.....

dmiller458 and TexasBuck like this.
  23. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

;)

24. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

the last season was like a boring soap opera

I hope it gets better

25. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

To me the last season was anything BUT boring. I think it was too busy with not enough breathing room and development.

Bolero, GentleSenator and TexasBuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.