Bob Dylan: "Trouble No More 1979 - 1981" - The Bootleg Series Vol. 13

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

racingman11 likes this.
  2. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Liking the released teaser track on YouTube although are the backing singers vocals a tad distorted on the recording?

3. Yes, they are. Not good at all!

4. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

The documentary it is then. Wondering what the 28 minutes of extra can be.

Kevin55 likes this.
  5. BASEMENT TAPES

BASEMENT TAPES Forum Resident

Here we go again, if it wasn't Long Distance Operator not included on last disc on the Cutting Edge (yes, I know it's live, so are the hotel recordings)
    Why are these 2 tunes not included?
    Let's Keep It Between Us - studio or live version is missing (Bonnie Raitt did a cover)
    City Of Gold - studio or live version is missing (Dixie Hummingbirds did a cover)
    Could have included both from the San Francisco '80 live versions. Go Figure $$

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

I was at the June 11 show! One of (I think four) warm-up shows before leaving for a summer tour of Europe.

That looks just like him!

When he came back to Michigan in the fall (Ann Arbor) he was thin, wearing a tight black leather jacket and those classic Wayfarer Ray-Bans.

DagB likes this.
  7. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

The fear is that since they put it out first, it may well be amongst the best of the sound quality on offer...

8. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

this one is worse:

[​IMG]

9. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

I am a big Dylan fan, but will stick with the 2 CD version on this one unless I can get the deluxe for £50 or less, which is what I paid for the deluxe Cutting Edge when they were remaindered off. £140 or whatever is too much for me.

ted321 likes this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

vitorbastos123 and SteveM like this.
  11. There are some real "knock me over with a feather" moments of incredulity with the track-listing. I mean, nowhere for example is there a single take of Heart Of Mine, either live or the original studio version. There is a new boot of Shot Of Love out-takes and I wrongly assumed this had some correlation to the official BS as someone had opened the vaults recently. If you want some great SOL out-takes you still need the unofficial boot! :shake:

warewolf95 and CBackley like this.
  12. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Maybe it's not there because there are two versions of it already in the official catalogue?

misterbozz likes this.
  13. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

This is turning into an Elvis thread.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    majorlance likes this.
  14. racingman11

I hope the Shot of Love Outtake is the one already circulating. It's damn good.

15. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

"City of Gold" is included (disc 3, track 14). And it is, in fact, one of the San Francisco live performances you mention.

The absence of "Let's Keep It Between Us" is a mystery (and a disappointment). Aside from numerous live versions they could have chosen, there is also a Rundown recording that I'm quite fond of that would have made a fine addition to the set (especially as I assume they have access to a better sounding copy of the circulating tape).

Hep Alien and Heart of Gold like this.
  16. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I might be the only one on this but, I was hoping they'd include the 1981 B-Side "Let It Be Me." Really just for better sound quality as I can only find needle drops. I don't think it's ever been on CD officially.

jamiesjamies, SteveM and Mbd77 like this.
  17. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

The absence of the 1980 copyright tape (apart from Yonder Comes Sin presumably?) is a bit disappointing.
    However, this is in 'collectors' hands so just maybe it might be the right time for another kind of cd release? Also the 'better' take of 'Let It Be Me' and a handful of others not included here that aren't currently in common circulation.

As an aside, somebody was offered a not insignificant amount of money for cassette dubs of the soundcheck tracks that are included here several years ago but turned down the offer.

Just saying.

18. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Anyone see what the 4lp track listing is? I know it's usually the 2 disc version, which would make it a strictly live box. Is that likely?

19. racingman11

The reasoning behind the tracklist of the 2 CD is quite simple.

If you're a casual fan, or just a music lover intrigued by "Bob Dylan being Born Again" it is much more easier to listen a live best of (including some hits) than a selection a rarities and alternate tracks. If the latter interest you, you're probably much more interested in Dylan than you think. And the Deluxe Edition is for you.

When the 2 CD it the stores, it will not be aimed at SH forumers following the BS13 thread. Much more casual.

20. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose:
    8cd/1dvd - $150
    4lp - $94
    2cd - $16

21. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

22. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Damn, 150 is pretty expensive for me. If it was around 70~100 would be a easy deal for me.

Rob Hughes and George C. like this.
  23. racingman11

This looks beautiful.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  24. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

25. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

$100 for the 4lp set will likely price it out of my interest zone. Hopefully will be found cheaper down the road like the last few sets.