Hello, fans of Ocean Colour Scene...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Feb 3, 2017.

1. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

yeah their website still has it in the text of the album but the download is something different if you order the disc from them. Hey could you put it up on youtube for us? Pretty please?

2. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

lucked out today. I posted for some OCS vinyl on a FB vinyl group and a guy wrote me. He has Songs From the Front Row autograped, BSides and Free Rides, and the RED Vinyl Mosely double he is going to sell me. Way cheaper than Discogs or ebay. It's a mod mod mod mod world.

Musiko and Nielsoe like this.
  3. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

btltez likes this.
  4. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Bsides... would make me a very happy man, it's the best b-sides album I've heard by any band. Perhaps I should at least bleed one of those. It's extremely unlikely that it will ever see a vinyl rerelease.

5. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

I know! I was shocked! And in mint condition! A double LP with a great cover photo. And I agree, best b-sides ever. Alibi alone is worth it.

Musiko likes this.
  6. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

So hey, which one of you Brits would be willing to buy this and ship it to me?
    I'll compensate you - I just don't want to pay ebay flipper fees.

[​IMG]

paulbright81 likes this.
  7. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

HA! Beat me to it. Me too!! Anyone?

8. paulbright81

paulbright81 Forum Resident

I was at this show (seen them twenty plus times at least every UK tour)
    You'll notice 40 past midnight wasn't played that night so it's not a complete Moseley shoals set... strange.

Great night tho

9. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

They're looking into releasing the entire Hydro show on CD as well eventually.

If that's the case, I won't need this vinyl.

10. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

There are Hydro RSD vinyls on ebay now for $50 to $100. Jerks.

I got the Moseley Shoals RSD vinyl on ebay (since I'm in the US) for only $40. These flippers are getting more bold.

11. marazico

marazico Too Busy Staying Alive!

Love Moseley Shoals, B-Sides and Marchin Already.

The B-Sides album isn't on spotify and my CD copy is still back in UK somewhere, frustrating!!

12. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

In that case, I'd recommend just buying the deluxe edition of Moseley, as it has all the B-sides and acoustic versions as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Moseley-Shoals-2-CD-Deluxe/dp/B004I9CR6E

marazico and ScienceFriction like this.
  13. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Love their 90's stuff. Steve Cradock as best Britpop guitarist? I'm putting it out there.

And there's a great GREAT song called Drive Away on one of their later albums (can't remember which one off the top of my head.)

btltez and paulbright81 like this.
  14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Cradock is definitely a guitar hero of mine.

"Drive Away" sounds a bit too much like the Willie Nelson/Julio Iglesias duet "To All The Girls I've Loved Before", tough to listen to it after hearing that...

15. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Hahaha, oh blimey, you're right! Well thank you SO much for completely ruining one of my favourites!

mrjinks likes this.
  16. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Sorry!

17. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

Been a longtime Paul Weller/Jam fanatic and a casual Oasis fan for a while so I've heard these guys mentioned a bunch of times in reviews, interviews and articles but never bothered to dive into their catalog. Now I'm bouncing around YouTube listening to random live and studio songs and loving just about everything I'm hearing. Guess it's time to start buying some OCS CDs. I'm gonna start with a best-of and then go from there.

Thanks a lot, SHF, for separating me from even more of my hard-earned cash.

mrjinks likes this.
  18. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

He's definitely one of the Britpop era's best, but I'd personally rank him somewhere after Graham Coxon, Bernard Butler, James Dean Bradfield, and Johnny Greenwood.

marazico likes this.
  19. marazico

20. marazico

Great list, I would also add John Squire

e.s. likes this.
  21. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Absolutely!

22. Joe A.

Joe A. New Member

I only have the first two but like them a lot. I got turned on to them watching Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

23. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

You should just start of with Moseley Shoals. Can’t go wrong. You might aswell just start with the (real) beginning.

e.s. likes this.
  24. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

DRIVE AWAY SLAYS ME. Don't know the willie nelson thing but nothing could ruin this song for me. Their cover of George Harrison's WAH WAH on that same album is awesome too.

25. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

It's just the verses, the choruses are different enough. Doesn't ruin the song for me either though.
    And of course the OCS song is far less cheesy and dated, or rather not cheesy and dated at all like this song is, but it did come first.

OCS-Drive Away