Bob Dylan: "Trouble No More 1979 - 1981" - The Bootleg Series Vol. 13

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Tim, I tried to place 1000 sets into my 'basket' just to see what happens. A message said that the max I could order was 103. So I assume that's all the copies (with San Diego) that are left. Of course, I may be wrong - there's always a first time...... :D

2. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

At this point they only sell the boxet with the San Diego discs, and the San Diego disc is only sold with the boxset. So I guess the remaining number of boxsets is the remaining number of San Diego discs.

The "putting a lot of item in the cart to see the numbers" method was right for the Cutting Edge, so...

Anyway we will know if that's true pretty fast : After less than 24 hours there is only 92 out of 500 items remaining on the european store.

3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Back when ALL CDs cost at least $17-$18 and all DVDs cost $29-39, and multiple sets cost multiples of that, the price of this set would have worked out to just about exactly $175, but there would not have been the hardcover books. CDs and DVDs only dropped in price because very few people buy them. But some music sets will sell out, so the original price point prevails. Everyone makes their choices on purchases. Some who do not buy will copy their friend's purchase, some will download it from a torrent site, some just won't hear it.

4. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

I decided I will wait. Guarantee will be £50 on Amazon in 6 months. As for the 2CD San Diego show - there are numerous great 79/80 shows available on boot CD and I have a few of the best ones. I just can not justify that much money.

Graham, timnor and hodgo like this.
  5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I think that at least half of the serious Dylan fans in the world are in Europe, so the ratio of sets for the European market just seems unfair to this American. Make more for Europe and all the other continents as well.

Wugged likes this.
  6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I don't bet, but I would say there is not a chance of that low price point, except in an estate sale of a deceased Dylan fanatic.

7. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Ordered mine. I'm more excited about this than the Sgt. Pepper and Grateful Dead 1977 box sets.

8. racingman11

They MAY re-allocate some of the US boxsets to the european market. After all in the US there is still 4064 out of 5000 boxsets remaining.

9. Only when the last SD has been sold (assuming it is genuinely limited - I'm sceptical and have been burned by corporate marketing before) and they remove the banner advert for it on BobDylan.com, will I be confident that the pre-orders already placed will be accompanied by the bonus, irrespective of whether it appeared in basket / order confirmation. This applies to all the US/UK/EU sites as the ordering "confusion" is not limited to one specifically.

matt79rome89 likes this.
  10. I'm more excited about this than The Second Coming!

Ted Bell, DrJ, shepherdfan and 6 others like this.
  11. paidinblood

paidinblood Forum Resident

Why doesn't everyone put down the calculators, Record Marketing for Dummies, as just judge whether the new music, the film, and the books are something you want. Just a lot of useless energy being expended.

12. boe

boe Forum Resident

One point I don't think has been raised (pardon me if it's already been covered and I missed it) is that orders placed through bd.com don't go through a middleman i.e. Dylan and co. get the wholesale and retail price minus their expenses in processing the orders (and shipping is covered by the buyer). So there's significantly more income for the artist. The cost of the two disc San Diego set that serves as the enticement to buy direct and not through Amazon etc. is somewhat negligible compared to the extra revenue. Smart business move. Even though I have Amazon Prime, as probably many of you have, and could have saved money, I went through bd.com to get San Diego.

DrJ, Mr. H and Sean Murdock like this.
  13. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

It's an assumption, ie. speculative :)

Tim

14. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Is it "total greed"? Dylan's a musician and he makes a living off of his music, which is something that most musicians can't do these days. The record label is a business. Of course they want to make money. I looked at Spotify recently and a lot of the Bootleg Series material is there, so you can listen to a good portion of it for virtually nothing (which many people will do). I personally don't see anything wrong with the business end of this release and will probably wind up buying the vinyl box after I've heard a sampling of the tracks.

The Bard and DrJ like this.
  15. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

At least Dylan is releasing this material. Be thankful for that. He could hide it away in Tulsa for 100 years and make it only available to people getting a PhD in literature. Most artists do not allow others any access to their personal archives and many are destroyed at the direction of the artist.

JL6161, The Bard, DrJ and 5 others like this.
  16. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

What are the odds San Diego gets a vinyl release for RSD? 100%? LOL

17. racingman11

We have a Bob Dylan archive every year or so now. Eat this, Neil Young fans.

tms766, DrJ, warewolf95 and 3 others like this.
  18. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

RayS likes this.
  19. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

I found mine in a spam folder in the webmail site of my provider. I had to confirm that is was from a trusted source before I could get it on my computer. So check all your spam folders.

20. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

domcasmurro likes this.
  21. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

For this price, I'm even considering buying it...

22. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Isn't ImportCDs one of those sites that puts up a super low price, then cancels most of the orders?

23. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

no. they will honor it. i order almost everything from them.

i posted in this thread earlier that importcds would probably have it for roughly $115. damn, i'm good!

24. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I've been waiting for a gospel set like this for a long time. Looks pretty good, though I am a bit disappointed that the DVD doesn't contain a complete show. I'm going to wait and see if the price goes down after Christmas like it did when I bought the Basement Tapes set.

25. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Yeah me too, although to be fair I didn't want those ones.

The Bard and SteveM like this.