Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayuso

Ayuso Forum Resident

De [email protected]
    Destinatario [email protected]
    Fecha Hoy 11:24

Cuerpo del mensaje

Hi there,
    The bonus CD's come as a standard so you'll definitely be receiving them. Apologies for any confusion.
    Kind regards,
    Nico

HominyRhodes and RiRiIII like this.
  2. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Just received the same message. Thanks!

3. No, the issue is nothing to do with US / UK / EU territories or Paypal v C/C. The issue is with BobDylan.com website. Many people have not got the option to add anything to their orders but Sandbag has confirmed that SD will be added automatically.

It's not the EU site exclusively! (see my comment above)

I've never had any luck with Spin. They've taken my money at the time of ordering on 3 separate occasions and each time failed to deliver the goods. Every time I've had to telephone them to ask for a refund. On one occasion it took 3 calls and almost as many weeks to get the refund. Never again!

I think this message is now a "standard response"!

Percy Song likes this.
  4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I didnt pay any tax. Anyone else in the US not charged taxes?

HominyRhodes and RockRoom like this.
  5. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

6. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

I did not get charged tax. Just shipping. Got the confirm email.

bluesbro likes this.
  7. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

No tax paid, but still no email confirmation from Sandbag. Very confusing.

8. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I'm in California and I paid tax.

Apparently, all BD.com orders of the deluxe will include the San Diego show (with or without it being in your cart).

Courtesy of @fatherofnight

Hi there,

The bonus CD's are a standard so you'll definitely be receiving them. Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Sandbag

9. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

I haven't gotten one either (ordered it yesterday), and I checked all Spam folders. I'm going to ask my mail provider to assist, and I was wondering if someone could reply with the sender's email address and the subject line of the email. Thanks in advance.

10. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Fyi, the confirmation I received came from a no reply email hailing from Sandbag UK but the subject line has BD US in it.

11. HominyRhodes

header: Enquiry Received - No Email Confirmation

Catbirdman likes this.
  12. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

OK, so I also got the email reply that I will be getting the San Diego show. I am not, however, 100% confident, since it is not in the confirmation email. I take it from above that it was not just the EU site that had this problem. I have sent Sandbag a reply that I would be more reassured if I got a confirmation email that the SD show is indeed added to my order. To be continued....

13. DanBNash

DanBNash Forum Resident

I ordered from the Bob Dylan site from the US, asked the same question and received the same answer as you.
    I wanted to make sure I was getting that 2CD San Diego set for the premium I was paying by purchasing at BD.com

14. HominyRhodes

Still in limbo here. I replied to the helpdesk email assuring me I had a "ticket" and asked again for a confirmation. No reply. I tried once more using the Chrome browser, nothing. And when I checked my online credit card site, it said the payment for the box was still "pending." Arghhhh.

15. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Hmmm, strange, I got an email confirmation within seconds of placing my order
    [​IMG]

16. I'm in WA state so no sales tax. came to $186 something

17. No sales tax for me up in Seattle. ( WA state). Probably taxed in states where Dylan's Columbia Sony has physical offices.

Clanceman and bluesbro like this.
  18. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

It was $200 + for San Francisco. I got cold feet as the additional discs did not register, so canceled order; didn't want to have to deal with any problems two months down the line--not at that price.

19. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

I went with Importcds for the price, knowing I might have to wait a few says for receipt, for $117 shipped. I did once have this site cancel my order without notification once the order was open over 30 days.

20. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I think it's due to some buyers putting the 9 disc set in their cart at bobdylan.com and then adding the 2 CD set in, and then removing the expensive box set and just paying for shipping for the free set.
    I know they used to have it as where you could add it separate, and now they don't. It would be nice for those who want this thing, to have a picture on their site stating 9 disc set plus bonus 2 CD set, but they don't have it set up that way, of course.
    Too difficult to figure out how to do that, but not to difficult to gouge consumers with music about the spiritual while selling it in the name of GREED.
    This is too expensive to start with; the hawking of it, like some damn TV commercial from days past, of "limited edition CD set, HURRY!" is just horrible.
    I'd say wait and get the deluxe box through Amazon when it comes out if you must have it; it IS a lot of money to worry about, and even if they state not to worry, it comes with it, it's "standard," this is just really disgraceful marketing.
    Greed is standard now.

21. HominyRhodes

I got a screen similar to that on BD.com, and at that point I normally do a screenshot of the page and keep it handy until I get the actual email confirmation. This time, for whatever reason, I didn't do that screenshot, so right now I don't even have an order # or confirmation # to send them. If the order ever goes through on my credit card (as of now, it's still marked 'pending') then I'll know whether or not I'm 'good'.

HEY, SANDBAG! Please check your inbox for the three emails I've sent you so far.

JMGuerr likes this.
  22. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Yes, it is. But for 10 CDs, 1 DVD and 2 hard-covered books in a slipcase, $174.00 seems reasonable to me...

The Killer likes this.
  23. siveld

siveld Forum Resident

I just purchased my deluxe set from the official site, using my AMEX card. I was prompted to add the free 2CD San Diego set during the checkout process.
    Total cost is approx AUD 257-. I am very much looking forward to this!

HominyRhodes likes this.
  24. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Soundstage Direct & Music Direct both have the 4LP set available for $80 if you use the code LP20 (for either).

HominyRhodes likes this.
  25. HominyRhodes

I've gotten the vinyl boxes of the last several BS editions, but I'm still on the fence about this one. I hope I don't miss out on any good deals (like the one you posted) while I'm making up my mind.

oldjollymon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.