Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

Oh, I'm sure the low end is just fine. :)

Congrats on a beautiful system!

2. jasonx1925

jasonx1925 Member

My music room

Reference 3a De Capo BE, Rega Elicit-R and Wyred 4 Sound DAC 1 V2

[​IMG]

My bedroom setup

PSB Synchrony One B, Rega Elex-R, Marantz SA8005 SACD/DAC and Marantz NA6005

[​IMG]

oboogie, Dave, Donniej and 24 others like this.
  3. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan That's like your opinion, man!

Great minds DIY alike...

[​IMG]

Jay hartman, Dave, Donniej and 20 others like this.
  4. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

Thanks a a lot!!!!

5. timind

timind phorum rezident

First time I've seen the Synchrony One b in a system here. How do you like their sound?

I had the Two b for a while and loved them. Unfortunately, they were too large for my room.

6. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Is that a real dog? Very cute.

7. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Ok, found a (cheap and low) console table so off the wall with the TT mount. All the essentials now have a place at the party.[​IMG]

Getting used to the LM-2111A and Cornwall combo. The room is still a mess but its going to take some time. -Rick

Manimal, inperson, Kyhl and 12 others like this.
  8. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

My little audio workshop system ... in this instance, cleaning, adjusting, and testing a Conrad-Johnson Premier 11A amp a couple weeks ago before putting it in main system. The preamp/headphone amp in the middle is Burson Soloist HA-160, Peachtree speakers, Musical Surroundings phono preamp, and Sony CD player. So equipment depends on what I'm checking, there's usually a turntable in the mix that I'm working on, or just having fun with, and a different amp, or just the Sennheiser headphones. Kind of an office system, without much office work going on. I think that's probably some Lagunitas Pale Ale in the glass, some Richard Buckner in the CD player ...

[​IMG]

barfko, Dave, Shiver and 24 others like this.
  9. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

Are you getting as much volume as you would like from that combination?

10. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

That beer is making me nervous :)

11. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

It's interesting to see the evolution of this space and what you are doing with it. What are your plans for the next stage?

GoldprintAudio and CrazyCatz like this.
  12. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Yes, most of my listening has been with the LM in 15 watt mode.

Clear out the boxes, add some absorptive panels and decorate. I have already replaced the TT on the wall and will continue to look for an oiled oak equipment stand to match the Cornwalls..

13. timind

timind phorum rezident

The beer in the pic caught my attention as much as the CJ. I notice as I get older I am more prone to knocking things over.:shake:

Manimal likes this.
  14. Jerry Garcia Jr

Jerry Garcia Jr Forum Resident

I decided to add another amplifier to my system - a Luxman L-507ux.

It sounds wonderful. It's on the warmish side, like my SQ-N100, but has more clarity and better dynamics. The baby Luxman will never leave the system, though. It's a beautiful amplifier but it'll be used for headphone listening from now on.

I knew I could trust Luxman. I didn't even listen to it before I bought it!

[​IMG]

oboogie, Dave, Manimal and 26 others like this.
  15. Davey

Ha, looking at it now makes me a little nervous too, I should've used a coaster on top of the Burson :)

Yea, I just set it there for a moment to take the picture, but kids (and old people, and in-between people too) should take notice, beer and high voltages don't mix well!

Gyrouser and Rickchick like this.
  16. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

We better drink it down quickly!

17. SandAndGlass

Most people don't realize what little gems the D4's are. They are one fine sounding and finely built bookshelf speaker, for their price point.

I also have a couple of pairs of the D5's and a pair of their older Era, D14's, also wonderful sounding and looking. You do a knuckle wrap on a D14, and it is feels and sounds like you are knocking on a cherry tree.

Enjoy...

Manimal likes this.
  18. SandAndGlass

Me too.

Manimal, Gyrouser and timind like this.
  19. Davey

Yea, I picked up those direct from Peachtree when they blew em out for $199 per pair delivered, still hard to believe that quality for $100 per speaker. A little too small to fill a normal sized room, but not bad at all for bedroom (or workstation) monitors, and a beautiful finish too.

timind and SandAndGlass like this.
  20. SandAndGlass

Exactly! You can't beat them at $100/each, no way!

I got some excellent deals on the ones that I own too.

Keep your eyes open for their rare center channel speaker on eBay.

I have one for that matches the D3, the D4's and the D5's.

Then you will have the ability to have a really first class HT set up, if you ever decide to do HT in a smallish room.

I'll tell ya, those D5's will surprise you with how loud that they can play in a larger room, same with the D14's.

Davey likes this.
  21. Here's my new Desktop system at home. I downsized to keep my wife happy as she's working out of our home office 3 days a week.

[​IMG]

KEF Egg Wireless Speakers
    Totem Kin 8" Subwoofer
    Yulong P18 Power Conditioner
    GIK Acoustics ArtPanel x1 on front wall & 242 Panels x2 at first reflection points on either side of MLP
    JRiver Media Center & Tidal

The speakers and sub were purchased slightly used in mint condition, and this system sounds remarkably good for the price.

oboogie, Manimal, Kyhl and 23 others like this.
  22. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I'm with you. I'm a big fan of Luxman.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

24. SandAndGlass

Peachtree also makes a superb compact speaker for desktop systems. It's the DS 4.5's.

[​IMG]
    They put out some serious sound, given their compact size. They weigh over 5-lbs. each and go for $299.

If you are looking for a kick butt, wired desktop system, this is the way to go.

Manimal, John Woo and bluemooze like this.
  25. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

That looks like my Sony SACD capable DVD player! Seems an odd match for the Conrad Johnson tube amp LOL. You like it?