The official "random Star Wars stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Assuming he was thoroughly frozen inside and out, presumably everything would have been totally solid.

Well he did get electrified by the Emperor as he was throwing him down the shaft.

I believe they were attempting to avoid the tower-mounted guns. There's a line about how the Death Star's defenses center on a full-frontal attack, and they didn't know they needed to defend the trenches/exhaust ports, so the guns don't point down into the trenches. (Probably just as well, as they would then run the risk of missing and damaging their own base.)

Guerrilla warfare - Wikipedia

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm guessing the Revisited versions aren't posted on YouTube? I noticed there are quite a few comparison videos on there that detail the changes Adywan made, but I didn't see the full films anywhere. I'd like to give them a look but I don't want to have to download anything... :p

FVDnz and Encuentro like this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Unfortunately, that's the only way you're likely to see it unless somebody uploads it to Vimeo or YouTube. It wouldn't last very long on YouTube.

I've never seen the first one that Adywan edited, but I've seen clips on YouTube. Some of the changes are pretty cool, some not so much. I'm not a fan of the Imperial March music being used in the first film, as it wasn't introduced until the following film. It seems out of place. I'm not a fan of adding music to the Obi-Wan/Vader duel. Some fans had the same complaints which prompted Adywan to put together a "Purist Edition" that cuts back on some of the changes.

4. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

When Ady returns to do ANHR in HD, the Duel of the Heroes theme will be removed this time. Fans have even speculated that the planet the Death Star was orbiting years before Rogue One was released, could in fact be Scarif. With all that Adywan has learned since the first edit, no doubt ANHR in HD will become a more enhanced version. And yes, the Imperial March being used in ANH can be sacrilege, but with the Prequels and R1, I don't see much of an issue anymore...

Encuentro likes this.
  5. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Actually it's right here

FVDnz and turnersmemo like this.
  6. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Good answers :righton:

Actually the smudging on Vader's helmet can be seen as he's barbecuing Luke, so it's before Vader picks him up. It looks like every prop guy on set grabbed the helmet before putting on David Prowse's head. A quick wipe with a nice micro-fiber cloth would have done the trick :cool:

Keith V likes this.
  7. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Well he did just get resoundingly beat down by Luke at that point. I would imagine it would be difficult to make it through a fight like that without a bit of tarnishing.

RK2249 likes this.
  8. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Tarnishing, yes...but smudging? Obviously I'm just nit-picking now but it's funny how when that scene comes on now and Vader is glancing between Luke and the Emperor, all I see is the smudging on the side of his usually pristine helmet.

Well, better to see smudging them hear him say "No........NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

My son is something of a SW fanatic and he's going to try and heed Mark Hamill's advice to skip all trailers, teasers and text before seeing The Last Jedi.

10. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

The first time I saw it (original release in 1977 in a packed theater) I was floored when the entire theater erupted in hoots, hollers, cheers, and claps when Han Solo returned at the end to save Luke. I'd never seen a reaction like that in a movie, and to this day I haven't seen that repeated. Many movie goers were clapping at the end of it...amazing how the movie really touched people and how much excitement it generated. Star wars in 1977 was pure magic....what a great time that was...

Exotiki, Simon A, Holy Diver and 6 others like this.
  11. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Here's a good laugh for you all. Absolute genius editing right here! :D

RK2249 likes this.
  12. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Not overly funny but the editing is great!

FVDnz likes this.
  13. Rocker

14. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Solaris and budwhite like this.
  15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Wow, that was amazing. My 17-year-old son said he cried twice, the first being at the 20th Century Fox theme. David Newman was conducting.

I grabbed this online, I can upload some of our pictures later if anyone is interested. Highly recommended if you love film music.

[​IMG]

Solaris, FVDnz and Encuentro like this.
  16. Tauren04

Tauren04 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Harmy's remaster of the original trilogy? You should take a look if you're a fan :)

Exotiki, Lownote30, supermd and 4 others like this.
  17. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

The only way I watch!

Exotiki, FVDnz, supermd and 2 others like this.
  18. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Whoa, that's too cool. I hope this is done somewhere near me!

19. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Encuentro likes this.
  20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I love star wars!! (The original 3 movies)

21. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Yeah. That was a heck of a moment in the movie.

Stratoblaster likes this.
  22. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

The Force Awakens was full of those moments, even though they were contrived, it still gave you goosebumps.

Holy Diver likes this.
  23. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I like Rogue One a lot better than The Force Awakens. TFA was just a rehash of the original story. It was definitely better than those crummy prequels but I thought Rogue One carried more weight. Plus, I think Adam Driver as the Vader wannabee was poor casting. Not that he can't act but he looks about as intimidating in that role as Adrien Brody would.

24. Rocker

That seems like it's probably the one... although the pic on Amazon must be an insert card or something, as that image doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging itself.

My box set comes in a solid black square case with relatively little text... one side says Star Wars: The Radio Drama, the opposite side says The Empire Strikes Back: The Radio Drama, and the "back" of the box (the side opposite from the CD spines) says "Collector's Limited Edition" and shows the number of the set (mine is #3151). It looks very similar to this...
    [​IMG]

...although I think this pic might be a "complete trilogy" set, as it looks slightly larger than mine. (Maybe it's just the angle of the photo?) Also, my box has a slight triangular "indent" or "cutaway" on the right-hand side that doesn't seem to be appear in the above pic. Otherwise, this is pretty much what my set looks like.

Grunge Master likes this.
  25. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I used to be a plastic model geek as a youngster in the early 80`s.I was checking out pictures of this Japanese Millenium Falcon model kit coming out this month from Bandai.This thing looks like an EXACT replica down to the smallest detail.This thing is not cheap!The best preorder price is $340.I see it $400 and up on Ebay,Amazon,and other places.Some of the others looked really cool too.There`s this Revell master series Star Destroyer.Prices aside,I wish I was a kid and still had time to build models again these look like a lot of fun!

Solaris and Simon A like this.