Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I think of the Elvis That's The Way It Is 10-disc deluxe set (with both unreleased live concert audio and video documentary) released in 2014 I still think this is way over-priced, even at Amazon UK price. It should be around £80-90?

hodgo likes this.
  2. It’s not scalping at all. They are selling at list price and giving us an exclusive limited bonus cd set. The other retailers are simply discounting a bit.

no scalping and we have a choice.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  3. Nightowl

Nightowl Forum Resident

4. Yes, I appreciate one is retail and all the others are discounted but that's my point really. The one place where discount maybe should be available it isn't and it is exclusively from this site that the "bonus" material is available. We're both realistic enough to know that hardcore fans of any artist can't stop themselves from signing up for the most complete packages available - the site knows this as well as anyone else and that's what doesn't sit well with me. You're right, of course, it's not literally scalping, we all have a choice whether to buy or not, after all, but it feels like it as I know many people will be "forced" by their completest instincts to acquire this.

5. I get what your saying. But I’ve never seen a discount at all from any artists site when something is new. But frequently they included some sort of bonus to entice you to choose them. Audio content. T-shirt. Poster etc.

Remember those of us who bought the big blue box for $600 got a bunch of live tracks two months later. But of course you couldn’t buy blue anywhere else.

SteveM likes this.
  6. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I'm sticking with my bd.com order. Splurging on bob-related releases and concerts has been a 2 decade affair.

DeeThomaz and Electric Sydney like this.
  7. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I just couldn't make myself pay so much for the 3 disc TTS, San Diego I can justify with a clear conscience.

bobcat likes this.
  8. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

9. hodgo

Clanceman likes this.
  10. So, Graham, are you tempted to switch your order to Amazon Italy?

EDIT: Okay, I might regret this but I've also now pre-ordered from Amazon Italy and I hope to cancel the most expensive of the two a few days prior to shipping. I suppose it will depend on which order sees the biggest price-drop prior to that event, given the pre-order price guarantee available.

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Clanceman and hodgo like this.
  11. hodgo

Already done so Steve. I've ordered both options I listed above for a saving over Amazon UK of around £30 in total.

I've left the UK order open for now in the event of their price coming down, if it doesn't I'll cancel and go with Amazon IT.

What are you going to do yourself?

Clanceman and SteveM like this.
  12. Me too! I've done exactly the same as you. You might notice I've already edited my earlier response to your post now! :righton:

Clanceman and hodgo like this.
  13. hodgo

Steve, just a quick question which county am I from and what route did you think I'd take? :laugh:

SteveM likes this.
  14. hulloder72

hulloder72 Forum Resident

Ordered on amazon.it at:

EUR 115,82

:wiggle:

hodgo likes this.
  15. hodgo

I see it's gone up in the last hour then, the same is true for the vinyl.

Guys if you want a good deal then jump on board ASAP as it looks like it will only rise from now on.

16. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Saturn in Germany have a 3 for 2 offer. You can order 3 copies of Trouble No More 9 CD and pay 90 Euro per copy. Vinyl 39 per copy.
    www.Saturn.de
    Nimm 2 zahl 2

17. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

It is good.
    You may accept my personal reassurance: the San Diego performance achieves greatness.

Many fans have a strong dislike for the Born Again tour. Many fans will never accept these songs.
    So a good performance won't matter to them one way or another, will it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    bobcat and ted321 like this.
  18. ted321

ted321 Forum Resident

And I am one of them. This will probably be the first Bootleg Series edition I will pass up.

19. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Apparently this offer is only for released items and not pre orders

20. The Bard

The Bard Highway 61 Revisited. That is all.

Im looking forward to it, but Im pretty sure it will be the lowest seller of the series so far.

ted321 likes this.
  21. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

The big box is down to $129.99 on Amazon US.

Does anyone know what how importCDs.com works? Is it easy to cancel a pre-order with them? Do they charge your credit card immediately?

22. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

I pre-ordered the box from them and later changed my mind. All you need to do is send them an email with your order number requesting cancellation and it is done. They only charge your card when the item is shipped. However, an authorization will be requested in the moment you make the pre-order, but the amount will not be charged and should disappear from your card statement in a few days. I thought they had charged me immediately, but then asked them about it and they explained all this. No complaints about ImportCDs, good service so far :righton:

JAuz likes this.
  23. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

I'm happily sticking with my BD.com order for the set including San Diego. The standard set has live shows from 1980 and 1981, so the extra live San Diego set from 1979 completes the package to me :)

Heck, yes, we are being fleeced for the pleasure of having the extra 2-CD set. But, firstly, does the extra cost break the bank so much ? (even for a poor - cue violins... - teacher in Poland, I can deal with it) and, secondly, this is Bob for goodness sake, so there are more important factors than just cost :D.

P.S. The wife still doesn't know about the purchase............... :ignore:

24. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I went with the lower price option as it ends up being $45 cheaper than BD.com for the xtra 2 cd set.

That said, I still love this post. :righton:

hodgo and Wugged like this.
  25. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

I’ve got to have that 79 show — but this really is starting to hurt; $185-$129 => $56 for 2cds.

$129 is a great price for this set of 8cds and 1dvd.

bluesbro, hodgo, Wugged and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.