Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Let's get Barnes and Noble involved: The McCartney Coffee Table Book Archive Series.

Then, to sell the books, they throw in some physical music media, and we're off!

[​IMG]

longdist01 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  2. Well there are way more Starbucks than record Stores so it made sense In a way.

Mr. Explorer and e.s. like this.
  3. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Just found out It's actually a new version with McCartney, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots. Not the original version.

4. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

That's the one!

GuyDon and Mr. Explorer like this.
  5. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Where did you hear it at? Any other info? Like will it say on the sleeve if you get red or green or is it random?

6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

And there are more gas stations than bakeries, but I don't go looking for one when I want a donut. :D

It was weird.

supermd and Mazzy like this.
  7. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

A record store I do business with gave me the info. Probably listed on the RSD site or will be soon. Not sure how the colors will be distinguishable from one another. That's all I know so far.

Mr. Explorer and Wiserforthetime like this.
  8. Yeah probably but Starbucks at the time was really into Music. Hear actually had three standalone stores in the Bay Area before Starbucks bought them.

I bet the Starbucks distribution helped sell more copies of Memory for Macca than he would have sold without it.

supermd, Frank, Mr. Explorer and 2 others like this.
  9. Delivered As Is

Delivered As Is Well-Known Member

These Archive issues are McCartney’s last statement in his catalog. I can’t imagine him allowing it to go incomplete. There will be other reissues after he’s gone but these will be his approved collected works.
    Unless he’s immortal then...

BlueSpeedway, FKA002 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. bward

bward Senior Member

A few years ago, McCartney released a color vinyl single for Christmas Kisses. A-side was a recording of The Christmas Song. I think this was a tie in to both Kisses on the Bottom AND the first Holiday/Christmas Rules volume.

That single was issued on both green and red vinyl. And it was sealed

Unlike this rumored Wonderful Christmastime release, Christmas Kisses was issued to stores, not a RSD exclusive.
    However it disappeared from store shelves (limited supply) and can fetch a pretty good price today.

If this news is accurate, I predict the Wonderful Christmastime single will be highly sought after on BFRSD.

FKA002 likes this.
  11. stollar

stollar Forum Resident

Wonderful Christmastime with Paul McCartney, Jimmy Fallon & The Roots has been on
    Spotify since Sept 22 > Haven't listening to it yet ( To early ) ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

To be completely honest I already own more Macca-albums than anyone need.The only think I still have any interest in is the deluxearchive-editions and of course anything new
    It s a fun listening I think

13. Wiserforthetime

Yep, I missed though but I always think about picking them up for those high prices.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But what if they change the colors? Hmmm ... ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. bward

bward Senior Member

Any word on the Bside of the McCartney/Fallon BFRSD color vinyl single?

16. Wiserforthetime

As I was typing that I knew you were going to ask that.
    Yes, if the colors change I would have to do it

Mr. Explorer and Arnold Grove like this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It takes a lot to admit that. Thank you for being honest!

18. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I'm hoping for 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reggae', as it seems to have fallen through the cracks as it wasn't on either the Archive sets for 'Venus And Mars' or 'McCartney II'.

19. bward

bward Senior Member

Respect.

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

FKA002 and ZippyPippy like this.
  21. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Was there a John Lennon Starbucks release? I do not have it but it just rings a bell in my dusty old brain. Regarding selling this stuff I think as ever there is a hard core market for all kinds of archival material like multiple versions of Bip Bop from the original sessions reel and then a more casual best of. I very much hope the archival stuff keeps coming and I guess I will have to sign up to one of the 6 websites to download my deluxe edition tokens.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Flaming Torch

The only cd version (I think) of the great 'Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reggae' is on the old McCartney Collection Back to the Egg (BTTE) cd in the 1990s. I think I am right in saying that was the last time BTTE got any kind of reissue. I think it is original or 1980s represses for Back To The Egg if folk want a vinyl copy.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

I’m sure certain members here would be thrilled with this!

Mr. Explorer and Flaming Torch like this.
  24. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I just don't get why they have studiously ignored that record for reissue? It's a great album, great cover, a few extra recordings from those sessions, the Kampuchea concert that's never been released in it's entirety and there are videos for most of the tracks on it (3 or 4 different ones for Goodnight Tonight) . Madness I tells ya.

25. Flaming Torch

I agree although I am probably not the biggest fan of the Egg the album. I assume the original vinyl release sold pretty well and there does appear to be lots of additional material for a deluxe or otherwise style reissue.

Mr. Explorer and Derek Slazenger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.