Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Even the black vinyl versions vary in the UK from £20 for Wings at the Speed of Sound to £35 for Venus and Mars. I normally buy vinyl releases several months after the release date as they can often be found for about 2 thirds of the original cost.
    What do folk think of the vinyl versions that have come out with the deluxe editions and will these forthcoming versions be the same in terms of mastering and sources etc?
    Hopefully these forthcoming issues will be great whether black or coloured. The packaging hopefully will be great as well.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

My guess is that the new vinyl will match exactly the previous Archive vinyl in terms of mastering and sources. There is no way that they put any extra time, money, and effort into re-doing them again. The only difference is that the Archive LPs were issued as 2-LP sets, including a bonus LP of extra material. The Capitol reissues will be just 1 LP.

3. They could have a "Supermarket Edition", selling Linda's frozen foods with special versions of the albums. Collect 'em all! :)

4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks that would be my guess as well. I also guess we will just have to wait and see if some of the others like Wild Life come along in the next few years before it is time to take the catalogue elsewhere.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

The colored vinyl is only sold in mom & pop stores is this correct.

6. Arnold Grove

Getting info out of MPL is like pulling teeth. Any info needs to be analyzed with a variety of scientific instruments and mathematical formulae to figure out what exactly is going on.

So in answer to your question: Maybe. ;)

7. Rikkiclan

Rikkiclan Forum Resident

These are 2 different emails I received yesterday when trying to preorder from some of the listed stores at recordstoreday.com

Thanks for your order. Unfortunately, these should not have been available for preorder on my site, as they are so limited, I cannot promise I will get enough to fill the order and McCartney's management wants these for in-store sales only, no online sales or preorders (I just got off the phone with the company that supplies the inventory data to my website - where they acknowledged they messed up on these titles). I have canceled your order and I will be refunding your Paypal payment shortly. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Ricardo,

Those records are very limited. Only 500 of each in colored vinyl in the nation. We have them on order but there is no guarantee what quantity we will get. If we get a very small number of them (six or less) we will only have them for sale on the floor in the store. If we get a decent amount then we will be able to fill online orders, too.

jlf and Mr. Explorer like this.
  8. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Wow, I'm so glad I'm sitting this release out. This looks like too much of a hassle to deal with.

9. Arnold Grove

[​IMG] ;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Yep I'm going to be worrying all the way til I get a confirmation email that they have shipped.

Derek Slazenger and Mr. Explorer like this.
  11. Arnold Grove

And then they'll get the colors wrong! Uhhhh ... ;)

Mr. Explorer and Wiserforthetime like this.
  12. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Bummed to hear they are that limited. I will most likely just try to find a copy of McCartney and RAM on colored vinyl (my favorites) and go with the standard black versions of the others

13. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

I just spoke with someone on the live chat on SoundStage and asked him why the color vinyl editions were removed form the website, but my order is still fine and he said, " At this time, we are still expecting to get the colored vinyl variations of those albums. We will notify you if we hear any word about that changing"

Still sounds fishy to me and he couldnt answer why those versions were removed from their website.

14. Rikkiclan

Rikkiclan Forum Resident

Yeah just did the same thing, same answer. I suppose our best bet is to just phone some of the stores beforehand and try to get there early on the 17th.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. bward

bward Senior Member

My pre-order with UDiscover is still active, with a confirmation number.
    I placed my order on Friday, release day.
    Receipt clearly indicates Color Vinyl bundle.
    I'm in the US
    Fingers crossed this order is filled next month

16. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I had no idea that just coloring the vinyl would stir this much interest in a release like this...

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  17. Wiserforthetime

I did the same as you and I also have confirmation and am waiting. I also emailed them and I didn't get any of the "we don't know we will get them" type answers that other sites are saying. Their answer was "these are pre orders and will ship on or before November 17"
    Not a definite answer but better than what other sites are saying.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  18. Same here so three of us here? So only 497 copies of each left maybe ? :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer and Wiserforthetime like this.
  19. Wiserforthetime

Well I have fingers crossed for all 3 of us. It would be really fun if they were stamped when they arrive as well. Then we would know if there really are just 500.
    A stamping such as "#250/500"

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. Arnold Grove

I did the same too, and the reply that I got was somewhat confusing: "8 x 3 = 24" ????

;)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

496 - my copies coming from [​IMG].

22. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

They'll all end up on eBAY if they are really as limited quantity as it may appear.
    Personally, i think it's a marketing ploy. No better way to create demand than by
    telling people they can't get one.

23. Arnold Grove

Sing along with me:

497 colored LPs on the wall, 497 colored LPs.
    If one of those albums should happen to ship if at all, 496 colored LPs on the wall.

496 colored LPs on the wall, 496 colored LPs.
    If one of those albums should happen to ship if at all, 495 colored LPs on the wall.

495 colored LPs on the wall, 495 colored LPs.
    If one of those albums should happen to ship if at all, 494 colored LPs on the wall.

;)

24. Wiserforthetime

Well if I get my set I can assure you mine won't be on eBay.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  25. bward

bward Senior Member

You know, all this means is, I'm probably never unsealing this records. My Beatles OCD kicks in again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.