Pink Floyd whats next ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floyd47

Floyd47 Forum Resident

I would like them to release live material like bonus disc from the Experience versions of DSOTM and WYWH that came out in 2011... but I don't see that happening.

The Wall in surround would be pretty cool too.

RangerXT and mikedifr0923 like this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I read that the Momentary Lapse Of Reason re-recording plans were scrapped, too bad.
    Anyway, Nick often said that he'd like to see a remix of Animals. And Roger is touring with material from that album, so probably these guys have interest in making more with the album.
    Also, the Meddle surround mix wasn't released officially yet (remember the hidden files in one of the Early Years blurays). Maybe a box set of that album including this mix would make sense.

joshm2286 and RangerXT like this.
  3. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

Guthrie mentioned in 2015 the Wall was next for a surround. I have not seen any update since.

They Call Me M likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Buy some lawn/grass for a lunatic!

I imagine it would cost nearly a double of the Sgt Pepper box.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    joshm2286 likes this.
  5. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

6. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

High-res versions of all their albums. Easy $$$.

Flaming Torch, dtuck90 and Sigma6 like this.
  7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'd love to see this, too. But who knows how much footage and recordings from that era exist.
    Still not officially confirmed that any soundboard/multitrack recordings were made during the Animals Tour (not counting the Deutschlandhalle tape, this was probably a rough monitor mix).

RangerXT and Flaming Torch like this.
  8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Oh, and besides the Wall surround sound we all like to see/hear: I hope for a re-edited/restored full, uncut version of the album (...let me dream).

9. Floyd47

Floyd47 Forum Resident

It seems like an album that would lend itself to a good surround mix.

elee532, joshm2286, PDK and 2 others like this.
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

It would be nice to have a official release of a full pre Dark Side show

11. Floyd47

Floyd47 Forum Resident

Agreed, or any full show besides The Wall. It's frustrating knowing that Echoes would have fit on the DSOTM Wembley 1974 disc but they left it off. And then 5 years later include that track on the expensive Early Years box

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The Stockholm tape (1967) and the Man/Journey performance in Amsterdam (1969) are full concerts in the Early Years box set.
    But I know you probably mean individual live album releases. In that case, I wish the Empire Pool Wembley gig (1974) should be on double CD and triple vinyl!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  13. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

Really ! It has a fantastic versions of "On The Turning Away" & "Sorrow"

14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

And that version of 'Shine On' is amazing! Some parts remind me of what Sting and his band did in the late 80s.

RangerXT, Sean, mikedifr0923 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

I do not know why Delicate Sound gets such a bad rap from many people. The sound quality is pretty darn good considering when it was recorded (Almost 30 Years Ago), and having attend a couple of those concerts, I think it is a pretty accurate representation of those shows. What else does it need to be ? The one thing I would like to see is the film restored, and transferred to HD for Blu-Ray release. Not sure if that will ever happen.

16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Would be great to see such a bluray release. If I'm not wrong the live album and (rare) VHS were both released in 1988, so next year would fit great as an anniversary.

17. Ozric

Ozric Senior Member

It would be great if they did a 30th Anniversary Edition, but I am not going to get my hopes up. Historically the two live albums have not got much attention, when all the albums were remastered in 2011, both, Delicate Sound and PULSE were not included, and I believe that Gilmour, for what ever reason does not care for the Delicate Sound of Thunder Film and does not seem to want to do anything with it. I think they did the best they could with the PULSE DVD considering it was shot on Video. Gilmour has stated that he regrets that decision to use video and not film. It just seems to me that Delicate Sound would be a good candidate for a High Def Transfer as it was shot on film.

joshm2286, RangerXT, Sean and 3 others like this.
  18. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::righton:

Andrew J likes this.
  19. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

Just a fantastic live recording of the Animals tour to surface.

That would complete my Pink Floyd odyssey.

20. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Go to Doors Bang, Chain Gang.

The bank notes could have different album covers to denote the amounts.

Anyone got a contact number for Floyd’s licensing department?

joshm2286 and andrewskyDE like this.
  21. abzach

abzach Forum Resident

I haven't even got time to listen to the boxes yet.

22. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Animals Immersion set. Then you boys can retire, but not before this. Got that, Roger, Nick and David?

RangerXT, Sean, freemanl and 3 others like this.
  23. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

I am a Delicate Sound fan, so a Blu Ray would be an instant buy for me. Surround Momentary Lapse would be nice too, as the Division Bell surround mix was nice.

Animals? 5.1 and some live material, though it has been said good multi tracks were never made of the tour.

The Wall? 5.1 and will somebody PLEASE have a go at seeing if the film / video from the original tour can be cobbled together into a decent Blu Ray release of an original live show (start to finish without any extra political rants by Roger)?

joshm2286 and timiller like this.
  24. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Hate to be a downer, but it will not happen. They have already plundered the archives for post-1972 material and released a Dark Side Of The Moon live show (spread over several releases). They have made Immersion sets for Dark Side, Wish You Were Here and The Wall. There is also a 1980 live show of The Wall available.
    There was very much logic and reason by stopping The Early Years boxed set at the year 1972.

The only thing I can see happen, is an Animals-type of release. All other eras have been covered very well.

25. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I want Animals in 5.1 more than anything, The Wall in 5.1 would be nice but I'm not really that bothered about that album anymore. Also I would like to see a 77 live set though that is extremely unlikely as there only two track reference recordings from that tour, no multi tracks.. I couldn't care less about the Gilmour Floyd years.

elee532 and Simon A like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.