Pink Floyd whats next ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Floyd fan 71, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

Land on railway. "Get off the line, you stupid idiot, there's a train coming!"
    (1982) ;)

Sevoflurane likes this.
  2. Already so many answers… However, if you want to catch the band’s live performance in upcoming days, you must know they will perform in the 3Arena, Dublin on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 as part of his upcoming European tour.

3. ronm

ronm audiofreak

After just being used to their studio releases and now all the sets I'm ok if nothing ever comes out.I love Pink Floyd but my best days are behind me.

mando_dan likes this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I would like high resolution downloads of the stereo and where applicable mono albums up to and including Animals. Re Animals (a bit of a favourite) did the band record any of the shows from the tour either on multi-track or just soundboards? I think I am right that all the tapes/boots in circulation (from the Animals tour) are audience tapes.
    I guess future stuff might depend on how well The Early Years product has done.

5. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

A very mediocre sounding soundboard from one of the Berlin shows (January 29 '77) circulates, only the Animals set, mind you.

Pink Floyd could officially release the classic May 9 '77 Oakland audience tape as is and make a boatload of money, probably.

RangerXT and Flaming Torch like this.
  6. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks I will go through my box of later Floyd stuff and see what I have.

7. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

A carreer spanning documentary moving patiently through every album/tour.

Featuring:
    People actually involved first hand.
    Rarely seen footage like TV interviews, concert reports, studio footage etc.
    Every album examined.

Not featuring:
    Celebrities saying how great they were.
    Music journalists saying how unique they were.
    Uneven focus on just the highlights/ well known stories.

The Eagles and Tom Petty docs actually did a decent job.

8. 007james

007james Forum Resident

Winter is coming, maybe a other scarf .... some marbles

9. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

The Peter Bogdanovich multi hour Tom Petty doc is awesome.

I agree about dumping journalists from documentaries spoofing on about, "Well by the time Meddle came out the band were seen as ... ", when the speaker themself was only born in about 1979, as if they knew what the band were 'seen as' then! It's not so far back than say, historians going on about World War Two but in those cases somehow I always take their views more subjectively.
    Dump the verbose gushing.
    Show more clips.

RangerXT, AlienRendel and LarsO like this.
  10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Current wish-list:

• Animals Immersion and/or surround mix.
    • The Wall surround mix.
    • The Wall Earls Court video - the clip on the Immersion set is maddeningly brief and looks good. I’m sure something could be salvaged from the footage with contemporary restoration techniques. Lord knows some of the Early Days video footage is amazing given the state of the sources.
    • AMLOR de-80s-production version/Immersion set.
    • Would love a Delicate Sound video rerelease a la Pulse, and feel free to included the gimmick free Venice concert footage.
    • Pulse video upgrade. I appreciate the visuals are effectively locked to their standard definition resolution and that’s fine; Pulse concert audio in lossless surround a la David’s solo concert Blu-ray would be something else though.
    The Wall was supposedly in-line for a 5.1 remix and Roger had the 80/81 concert footage gathered, inventoried and digitised in preparation for his The Wall tour. Would love to see that assembled.

There have been rumours of something being done with AMLOR for years now. A ‘latter years’ set covering AMLOR, Delicate, TDB & Pulse would be wonderful. Not sure if anything ever came of it, or whether The Endless River is the final word on that period.

With Roger including a significant chunk of the Animals album on his current tour, I’m sure the interest would be there for an expanded/surround Animals.

11. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Did you see and enjoy the Wall blu ray recently released.

coffeetime likes this.
  12. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

You mean a music doc without Gene Simmons and Dave Grohl?

LarsO likes this.
  13. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Roger Waters The Wall
    Blu-ray

1. [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]
    3. [​IMG]

kanakaris, andrewskyDE and coffeetime like this.
  14. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

After seeing Roger’s The Wall at arena (2011) and stadium (2013) levels, I was all over the concert film at the cinema and on 2 disc Blu. Whilst the film interstitial footage of Roger wandering around Europe doesn’t stand up to being rewatched over and over, the concert footage and audio itself is astonishing. The ‘big’ numbers such as Brick part 2, Comfy etc still impress despite having seen them live and on film repeatedly. And the footage of children reunited with their service fathers during Vera absolutely slays me every single time. Whilst not having Atmos capability, the Dolby TrueHD ‘core’ soundtrack is every bit as impressive as any other Floyd/Gilmour/Waters surround production.

If the set has a faulty, its that there is no ‘pure’ concert version as per Concert for George. That and the SDE which I would have happily spring for if it wasn’t 5x more expensive than the then recent Immersion sets,.

15. Jack932102

Jack932102 Active Member

Is there any info on the music they were supposed to make for Dune back in 1975?

16. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

I’ve said it elsewhere, but having not picked up any of the Immersion reissue when they came out, I would like them to be rereleased in the book-box format that the individual 65-72 boxes came in. Forget the marbles, give us the content. Add in an Animals box (original album, Surround version, errr there’s not much else) and you’d have a continuation of The Early Years

I always had problems with The Wall immersion - it should have been more compressive or split up to include the movie. It felt like a cheat putting the live Is There Anybody Out There? In the box, although am I right in saying that it seems to have disappeared as a stand-alone release. The Wall Immersion should’ve sorted out all the soundtrack/Spare Bricks recordings. You could argue that in lieu of a box for The Final Cut, it should’ve been included in The Wall box (as Zooropa appears in U2’s Achtung Baby box.)

I went to see the V&A exhibit in London last month and obviously there is some form of archiving going on in Pink Floyd. The interesting thing I saw was retrospective individual interviews done with Dave, Nick and Roger where the interviewer is Storm. So they seem to have been done circa 2012. They were only used in snippets but could they be added to a longer documentary?

I’m not a big fan of the commercial entity still known as Pink Floyd(1987) but AMLOR could include the movie and soundtrack for that car racing project they did after. And although there’s been a Division Bell box, and The Endless River stuff, there’s still The Big Spliff and, I’m assuming, much more studio footage than that on The Endless River bluray/DVD.

They Call Me M, jlf, pantofis and 2 others like this.
  17. stonesfcr

stonesfcr Forum Resident

Anything from the Animals era, Classic Albums Documentary, Boxset, Live Audio/Footage, anything!!

18. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

In what universe is the VHS considered rare? Recent sales on ebay include prices like $1.50 and $0.01!! :agree:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  19. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Springsteen has released previously circulating shows in generally worse quality than the boots. Those were radio broadcasts. I'd like to think PF could do a better job of cleaning up some audience recordings. Fans have done some great work in their spare time, hopefully the pros could do even better.
    The Early Years and the Immersion sets were too pricy but I'd certainly support the cause and pick up an "official boot" from '77. Or a standalone release of the full '74 show.

20. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Huh?? Which ones??? The two I hear cited for sound quality issues is the Agora show (which was a radio master, apparently) and Nassau Coliseum, but I'd still take the official releases over the best boots any day of the week. No, they are not perfect, but they are superior to what's on boot. And generally speaking, Bruce's live releases blow the past boots out of the water (I'm thinking of the Hammersmith and Tempe shows).

supernaut and Billy Infinity like this.
  21. parman

parman Music Junkie

Hasn't the Delicate Sound video been released on standard DVD ???

22. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Agora and Nassau are barely listenable. Ear bleeding. I'll keep the boots. Philadelphia is OK. The Tempe show sounds great. I think Tempe and London were professionally recorded (was Tempe from multitracks?).

23. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

i'd love to see "is there anybody out there" released on vinyl. other than that...let the dream die.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

My wish list:

Piper mono LP
    Saucerful mono LP
    Meddle SACD, full album quad and 5.1 (hey, I can dream can't I?)
    Comprehensive documentary as mentioned above - only interviews with relevant parties, no gushing from people who were toddlers when DSOTM came out.
    Pompeii blu-ray, original movie with no CGI, quad mix.

jlf, andrewskyDE and AllenR like this.
  25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

That, and Rick Wright's 'Broken China'.

Sean, Baidur, Vinny Savio and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.