The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love Autobahn

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Pretty much a snoozefest of an episode until Morales called Rick "Peaches". That was a much needed wtf moment before moving on to more lesser wtf moments.

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I just don’t care anymore. They’ve made the zombie apocalypse boring. They’ve lost all sense of connection between the cast members, I have no idea what anyone is doing or where they are.

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Well said Cerebus.

5. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I see this "We can't kill them!" flip-flop for the 200th time as........another.......way.......to..........run.........out...........the.........clock. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I am very skeptical that the writers have *anything* up their sleeve. If they did, why on Earth would they be beating the Negan storyline into the ground? The show is still doing OK, but is hemorrhaging viewers and the time to act is now.

Looks like they had Greg Nicotero shoot these three episodes simultaneously. You know, I think he did a great job on previous episodes where mostly violence and tension are prevalent. When it comes to staging real drama, or even some light moments, he is, IMO, painfully average and out of his element. I almost laughed at the Gregory scene instead of with it. Some of the dialogue this season has been downright infantile and the normally brilliant cast has been over-the-top, almost campy.

AMC is doing what they do best, saving every frickin dime they can. Gimple said we were going to see more of the cast together and that has clearly been a lie.

This could very well be my last season.

Dan

6. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Best episode of the season so far, but that's admittedly not saying much. What a shame. Used to be a cultural highlight of my week, but that was a few years ago now.

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I have avoided this thread as I was behind but finally caught up yesterday. Glad to see I am not the only one who although I am liking the action has no idea where anyone is. All of these 'outposts' are just appearing without any set up...the writers are acting as though we are supposed to know where these places are and who is attacking which ones etc. Very confusing to follow.

8. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

The confusion over locations, is not because there is a complex story, but simply mediocre editing/directing/storytelling.

I keep feeling, I am seeing groups of random people, all dressed the same, hiding behind cars/walls/things and shooting back and forth and no idea who anyone is, nor what their goal truly is, nor WHERE they are exactly>?

Some random building....a school, Maybe a saviors outpost, maybe?......an office building....Where have we even seen it before or is is just some new random location they set up for random shoot outs??

Where was the build up to actually finding this place?
    You know they did not even know it existed before, so we the audience did not either.

Where is Negan now? I thought he was in a trailer?
    Why am I confused over a simple story...:confused:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Negan is at the tailors with Gabriel to get him fitted with "sh!tting pants". :winkgrin:

Gumboo, Higlander and Lownote30 like this.
  10. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I'd love to drive a Porsche on it, but I don't care for the song so much.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the Jesus character is really getting annoying...WTF? I was hoping Morgan would have done the proper thing...he's right in his beliefs.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  12. Michael

just know the big stars are bulletproof and nothing will really happen each week...it will drag on forever like a zombie walking in circles...

Higlander, Mazzy and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  13. Michael

he's still in last weeks episode...he'll be back.

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

As many have already said before, the writers are really dropping the ball. All we need is a single scene with the people explaining what they’re doing, where they are going, and the stakes involved. Almost every police procedural show has started this way for decades. We’ve had three episodes of people shooting at each other and engaging in same speeches we’ve heard a dozen times before.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  15. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I won't be happy until Darryl beats Jesus's ass and executes all the prisoners in cold blood at point blank range.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, no...He said he hoped Gabriel was wearing his sh!tting pants. If he wasn't (and the episode ended before we could find out) there was no indication that Negan was going to get him fitted for some.

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That final scene with Ezekiel yelling out

"It's a do or die situation - we will be invincible.
    And with the power of conviction there is no sacrifice.
    It's a do or die situation - we will be invincible."
    followed by the "uh, did you check the tower...?" mowdow was pretty ridiculous. Not only because it reveals incompetency, but also because it played like the cop partner who announces "I'll go on one last call with you before I take retirement..."

There's telegraphing, and then there's idiocracy.

18. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

In a world with limited resources, keeping prisoners is not practical. Sorry, Jesus.

19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Well if I recall correctly wasn't Gabriel armed with a long gun when he entered the trailer?

Shawn likes this.
  20. Higlander

(Fixed):D
    In a world with limited resources, keeping prisoners is not practical. Jesus~!

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  21. Higlander

I want someone to cut Daryl's Hair.
    Kinda tired of the "I have no time to take a shower or cut my hair, or wear clean clothes or talk with real intelligibility , even though we live in Alexandria that has all ammenities etc.

mattdm11 and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  22. Higlander

I am getting the feeling we are now in a world mostly populated by Crazy People intent on leading, Crazy people intent on Killing, and Stupid people intent on following those two types of crazy people.

23. Higlander

Honestly I want Tara to kick Jesus's butt.
    She is the only character I find somewhat believable anymore.

24. The women have certainly found the time/resources to keeping their eyebrows perfectly trimmed.

25. Higlander

The looking scruffy and dirty and long hair thing, was fine back in the beginning, when they were truly in survival mode.
    Of course Daryl may have too much to do maintaining his motorbike, do feel time for a hair cut is necessary....who knows?

Shawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.